Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #11701
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Ugliest Car Evar

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The MR2 would like a word with you.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #11702
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Ugliest Car Evar

dunno man... the s13 vert is a bit of a rolling abortion as well lol

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:03 PM   #11703
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Interestingly I read an interview with like the lead designer or engineer or someone like that from the NAIAS last week and apparently BMW and Toyota didn’t exactly co develop the cars together like they did with Subaru. Early on in the development process they sort of went their different ways. They barely had contact with each other. I found that interesting.
I would bet designer because the core body points look the same and the engine bays look identical. Talking the lay out of all the components not just the engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vXKbG0ieak
Old 01-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #11704
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
The MR2 would like a word with you.
wow wow wow, lets clarify, you're talking about the spyder only.
And no, even though the miata is about the perfect track car for the poor and a nice platform for tuning and modding, Im not getting into one. 'Cause, you know.... reasons...
Old 01-25-2019, 08:44 PM   #11705
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
x3 might be about time to get an frs anyway. If i can find an unmolested one, that is...
I was curious to look at used brz’s myself. they arent cheap. the depreciation on miatas seem a lot higher and its hard to get as good a deal on even used nd miatas.

Im really hoping around 2020-21 there will be a good brz with more power and the torque dip issue resolved without having to go aftermarket. by then i figure ‘19 and up miatas will be cheap too if i dont care for the brz.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:26 PM   #11706
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
I was curious to look at used brz’s myself. they arent cheap. the depreciation on miatas seem a lot higher and its hard to get as good a deal on even used nd miatas.

Im really hoping around 2020-21 there will be a good brz with more power and the torque dip issue resolved without having to go aftermarket. by then i figure ‘19 and up miatas will be cheap too if i dont care for the brz.
I don't forsee a 2nd Gen 86.

This is how the car should have come.

Toyota should have partnered with Honda. Honda could made a vert as the new S2k.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:37 AM   #11707
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Yeah I really do think used FRZ/BRZ/86s are going to be the 240’s in 2030.

Last edited by exitspeed; 01-27-2019 at 09:35 AM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:15 AM   #11708
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
surprised nobodys mentioned the GT500.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...s-price-specs/

love the exterior design sans the stripes. only cons I can think of is lack of manual and likely ripoff ADM’s on top of whats likely to be something north of $70k. wouldnt surprise me if they went for 100k with markups.

I cant wait to see how it compares to the grand sport & zl1 1le (both with no adm if not doscounts).
The "base" GT500 looks sleeker and better IMO. Too bad they didn't have it on the showroom floor, instead it's held up in a trailer box...

Vid with some more angles: https://youtu.be/NYAPLsfRZGU?t=853
Old 01-26-2019, 08:09 AM   #11709
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Yeah I really do think used FRZ/BRZ/86s are going to be the 240’s on 2030.
Easily. Genesis' are already on track for that too, they're like the new SRT-4, every douche nugget has one with blacked out tail lights.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:25 AM   #11710
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Yeah I really do think used FRZ/BRZ/86s are going to be the 240’s on 2030.
Exactly. They'll all be missiles as most 240s are today.
The genesis too, as someone else said. Their destiny's been written, and I wouldn't be surprised if they go even faster than the 240...
about the frs, even though I would love to swap its engine, Im still conservative enough to where I like to keep it in the family, so, it would have to be another toyota engine, wait, or subaru, or something like that... A beams perhaps?
Lately I also kinda wish that ass was a bit sleeker. Less curvy.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:00 AM   #11711
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/02/01/...rumor-refuted/

This is good news. There was a report that the next gen brz and 86 was dead but both Toyota and Subaru are refuting that.

Also, a Supra TRD concept is debuting in Japan soon. With a big wing. Unfortunately still without a manual option though.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:48 AM   #11712
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/02/01/...rumor-refuted/

This is good news. There was a report that the next gen brz and 86 was dead but both Toyota and Subaru are refuting that.

Also, a Supra TRD concept is debuting in Japan soon. With a big wing. Unfortunately still without a manual option though.
Considering the garbage 2019 Update, it might as well be dead.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #11713
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
if the new brz is good, fantastic.
if not, not surprising and I’m okay with that because of the miata.

speaking of which I dont have high hopes for the wrx or sti either. 20 years from now those cars may not be too much different other than higher price.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:44 PM   #11714
Corbic
Post Whore!

More JDM then the new Supra.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:28 PM   #11715
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I like the 30th anniversay ed Miata. upgrades are just cosmetic with rays wheels and orange paint but I do love how it looks and how theres not much of a premium. of course, its also sold out but there is a waitlist.

https://jalopnik.com/the-mazda-miata...ran-1832433410
https://www.mazdausa.com/30th-anniversary
Old 02-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #11716
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Wild speculation time.

The FRS doesn't have a turbo, and the BRZ doesn't have a proper STi because the new Supra is yeeeeeeaaaaars behind schedule and the same size vehicle.

Now that it's out Subaru needs to go nuts with the BRZ out of spite
Old 02-08-2019, 11:23 AM   #11717
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
More JDM then the new Supra.
Hard to argue against that.

Quote:
I like the 30th anniversay ed Miata. upgrades are just cosmetic with rays wheels and orange paint but I do love how it looks and how theres not much of a premium. of course, its also sold out but there is a waitlist.

https://jalopnik.com/the-mazda-miata...ran-1832433410
https://www.mazdausa.com/30th-anniversary
Yeah that orange is juicy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Wild speculation time.

The FRS doesn't have a turbo, and the BRZ doesn't have a proper STi because the new Supra is yeeeeeeaaaaars behind schedule and the same size vehicle.

Now that it's out Subaru needs to go nuts with the BRZ out of spite
Never going to happen. It’ll be interesting to see where they go with the next gen though.

Walked into the Volvo dealer to order a V60 R. They told me it’s going to take 6 months to order. They’ll basically take my XC40 back because the demand is still so high. Thinking it over. Came to $57k. Sorry Toyota, whish you would have offered a stick in that Supra.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:37 PM   #11718
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hard to argue against that.

Yeah that orange is juicy!

Never going to happen. It’ll be interesting to see where they go with the next gen though.

Walked into the Volvo dealer to order a V60 R. They told me it’s going to take 6 months to order. They’ll basically take my XC40 back because the demand is still so high. Thinking it over. Came to $57k. Sorry Toyota, whish you would have offered a stick in that Supra.
Yup.

Same douchebag that nerfed thr FRZ86 is the same douchebag that thinks the Supra is perfect with an 8spd Automatic.

BMW has a 6spd and a 7spd DCCT in their parts bin too. Uhdurpa derpa derpa derpa...

Everyone is talking about future Supra versions and releases....

Hmmmm didn't we spend years speculating on TRD, STI, Turbo, 2.5, 3.0R and 3.6R versions of the FRZ86 twins and... Nothing!
Old 02-08-2019, 09:13 PM   #11719
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
First line of TRD concept parts have been shown. Just body stuff for now.

http://www.trdparts.jp/supra/perform...y-O5KezcESm-0I

Old 02-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #11720
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I still like the majority of the car. The TRD stuff is nice.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:23 AM   #11721
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #11722
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Yeah you can import those now. Sucks they’re fwd though.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #11723
Corbic
Post Whore!

Mmmmm let the sweat sweat disappointment begin.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/02/11/...-line-concept/

Old 02-12-2019, 03:18 PM   #11724
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah I read all that yesterday. Sucks its all cosmetic and they didn't actually test the aero benefits. Seems like they phoned it in.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:03 PM   #11725
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Seems like they phoned it in.
the car? the aero? or both? lol

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:35 PM   #11726
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the car? the aero? or both? lol
Yes, yes and yes.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:39 PM   #11727
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Yeah I read all that yesterday. Sucks its all cosmetic and they didn't actually test the aero benefits. Seems like they phoned it in.
Quote:
Regardless, all the enhanced aero parts...were developed in the wind tunnel to produce tangible gain is downforce and stability
Old 03-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #11728
Corbic
Post Whore!

Off to a rocky start if tuners prefer to get attention by pulling thr stock motor instead of trying to take thr factory one to thr limit for bragging rights.

Reminds me of the Z33 when it first launched.

Guys never bought into the VQ and eventually gave up. VR38 is practically a VQ, but guys have ton of interest (and $) invested into it to make those dazzling 2k whp numbers.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:09 PM   #11729
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I’m still digging it.

The 2JZ swap was just inevitable. I think it’s just the initial hype that that kinda swap will bring.

Jalopnik really thought about the manual swap

https://jalopnik.com/what-it-would-t...-ma-1832173633
Old 03-11-2019, 06:32 PM   #11730
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I’m still digging it.

The 2JZ swap was just inevitable. I think it’s just the initial hype that that kinda swap will bring.

Jalopnik really thought about the manual swap

https://jalopnik.com/what-it-would-t...-ma-1832173633
Prolly just stole it off a forum.