Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #11101
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So everyone hasn't accepted that the Ecoboost Mustang is this generation's 240?
Go drive one, it literally feels like a 240 but with amazing brakes, especially when drifting etc.
Hell my friend has a modded one and if you didn't see the car you'd swear it could be an sr20 240 based off the sound alone.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2018, 03:27 PM   #11102
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I've committed to the idea of either a mustang or wrx as my next car. There's just nothing else out there that I care for and in my price range.
Man, I struggle to validate whether I really like some of the cars available or if I'm just getting desperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
This. Me from 10 years ago would have fought me for even thinking about it...lol
I've gone so far as to researching ownership's of Mustangs, C6s, 5th Camaros, Miatas ,and even........ Dodge Chargers.

I'd buy a CRX and drop a B series in it if I didn't have to occasionally pick up my two kids. lol
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #11103
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Go drive one, it literally feels like a 240 but with amazing brakes, especially when drifting etc.
Hell my friend has a modded one and if you didn't see the car you'd swear it could be an sr20 240 based off the sound alone.
And this is why I'd own one. Like the cars I've loved for 20 years without the 20 year old car problems.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #11104
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
Weak... I'm so over this damn 240' and the only cars I'm holding out for are failing disappointments. The Mazda Kai (3) is my last hope to finance a new car.
.... oh dear god, I'm aspiring to buy a FWD 4dr economy car.

This...
Lol god Forbid you test drive a Fiesta ST. If you do you might just get sucked in like a lot of us.
Seriously , I have met Ex Porsche owners , Mustang owners, BMW owners,BRZ owners, Miata owners. It's a trip.
Not saying I won't or don't own a RWD car but for a new car the FiST has a lot going for it in the fun to drive bad ass little sports car department.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:00 PM   #11105
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I mean, same could be said for a decently modded EF Civic, and you're still under 5 grand haha.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:28 PM   #11106
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
.... oh dear god, I'm aspiring to buy a FWD 4dr economy car.
hey man, i never thought id have such a blast with my little Protege5... but shes turned into such a fun little daily drive and she looks damn good too! not the fastest thing on 4 wheels, but has enough pep to make her fun to whiz thru turns, hauls a TON of stuff being a wagon and gets 25mpg

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #11107
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Well this is potentially very a disappointing.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/02/12/...bodied-bmw-z4/

Nothing more than a rebranded BMW and no manual.

Toyota seems to really suck at codeveloping sports cars.
This is even worse than the BRZ/86 venture. The literal achilles heel of the BRZ/86 is that crappy, gutless little Subaru engine. The Subaru engines have always been painfully low powered. Put that poor little FA20 into a Legacy and drop a proper Toyota engine into the BRZ/86. Problem solved.

I can't deny the power potential of the BMW Nseries engines. They're the only modern engines I deem worthy of the "new 2JZ" title. Unfortunately, they come with the plethora of issues that plague modern BMWs. Valve cover, oil pan, and oil filter housing gaskets all have a maximum life span of about ten years. Replacing those parts is no walk in the park. Sit down for that hefty labor bill. Electric water pump fails around the ten year mark too. Pick one up for $50 from the local Pepboys? Nope, can't do that. That'll be $500 for a pump from BMW. Let's not forget all the engine fasteners are aluminum. They are all non-reusable. Heaven forbid you attempt to reuse one. You'll have fun extracting it when it snaps.
Need to do some valvetrain work? Grandpap's old valve spring compressor won't cut it. You'll be spending $500+ for a special tool to safely dismantle the Valvetronic system.
That annoying service light on because the brake fluid or sparkplug life is down to 0%? Your Mom an Pop shop probably won't have the equipment to reset it. You'll need a euro specialty for that.

I've never cared for the driving feel of a Z4. That painfully long hood and the driving position on top of the rear wheels. Driving a pickup truck whilst sitting in the truck bed is exactly what it feels like. Nothing like driving a Porsche.

Toyota, why can't you give us a Toyota engine for once? That is all I ask for.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:04 PM   #11108
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

IF they had put the latest model 3S-GTE in the 86/BRZ platform on launch, I bet it would have sold twice as many units right off the bat.
There are people swapping them in and they look so perfect in that car.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:31 PM   #11109
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
But then they tease this and I’m sucked back in to the excitement.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #11110
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
so, no 4 seater?
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #11111
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That's a dope teaser, if ever I have seen one. Looks promising!!
Old 02-13-2018, 12:36 AM   #11112
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
I mean, same could be said for a decently modded EF Civic, and you're still under 5 grand haha.
Lol a EF Civic does not hold a candle to a Fiesta ST. 200hp 1.6 stock Turbocharged engine that is capable of over 300whp on stock internals. Hahahaha EF Civic? No offense but just really you said that shit? Lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-13-2018, 02:31 AM   #11113
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I was the one in here for years talking about my 350. Now I've had my Fiesta for almost a year

I defiantly don't care for FWD but it's a fun daily
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #11114
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Hell, if anything, I'd actually go so far as to say the Ecoboost is this generation's Silvia thanks to the turbo engine. I've always been that guy that says i don't want another 240sx successor. The BRZ/86 has that covered. I've always wanted a Silvia successor and the Ecoboost is the next closest thing. The Genesis Coupe turbo came close, but just couldn't make that connection.

Now, if some weeb up and puts Silvia badges on an Ecoboost, i really don't wanna know if I would nerd rage out of control or applaud...lol
Old 02-13-2018, 07:09 AM   #11115
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
I haven't posted much in this thread, but read it regularly. I am on the ecoboost train with wanting an EB mustang. I know you can get a GT for not much more money, but there's just something about the sound of a turbo spool. I've driven the EB trucks (working to get out of my Silverado & into one), as well at a Focus ST. That Focus was a blast to drive.
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:32 AM   #11116
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^Frfr. I don't care that there is like 150hp difference between the Ecoboost and the GT now. Ecoboost shoppers are looking for a completely different driving experience than the typical GT shopper. It'll take a lot of money for an Ecoboost to match a stock 2018 GT. But I don't need the GT to be my performance benchmark to make me happy. The 2018 Ecoboost got a little performance boost to the tune of a 30ft/lbs of torque increase. They're saying the 0-60 times should be sub 5 seconds with the auto in Dragstrip mode. I'm guessing the manual might hit around 5.2 seconds? Thats plenty fun to me in stock form. And factor in all those damn handling & power upgrade packages Ford offers with warranties? Man.

Hey I got a question - Are there any sedans than share the Mustang's chassis or engine options? Maybe some Lincoln I don't know about?

Another sidenote - Looked up local Genesis Coupe prices for shits and giggles... found some facelifted 274hp 2.0t cars for under $10k. Fucking sweet. I know I'm in the minority, but I always liked these cars.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:03 AM   #11117
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
^^^Frfr. I don't care that there is like 150hp difference between the Ecoboost and the GT now. Ecoboost shoppers are looking for a completely different driving experience than the typical GT shopper. It'll take a lot of money for an Ecoboost to match a stock 2018 GT. But I don't need the GT to be my performance benchmark to make me happy. The 2018 Ecoboost got a little performance boost to the tune of a 30ft/lbs of torque increase. They're saying the 0-60 times should be sub 5 seconds with the auto in Dragstrip mode. I'm guessing the manual might hit around 5.2 seconds? Thats plenty fun to me in stock form. And factor in all those damn handling & power upgrade packages Ford offers with warranties? Man.

Not to mention you can finance a 550 crank HP EB Mustang for less than a new GT.

http://www.lebanonford.com/lfp550.htm
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #11118
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Lol a EF Civic does not hold a candle to a Fiesta ST. 200hp 1.6 stock Turbocharged engine that is capable of over 300whp on stock internals. Hahahaha EF Civic? No offense but just really you said that shit? Lol
I think you missed what part of your post I was comparing it to exactly:

Quote:
fun to drive bad ass little sports car department.
Like I said, for around 5 grand someone could build an EF that would walk all over that FiST lol.

Anyways, why do people keep bringing up FWD cars in the RWD COUPES THREAD.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #11119
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Not to mention you can finance a 550 crank HP EB Mustang for less than a new GT.

Right, I just found it interesting that they'll warranty their supercharged GT builds, but I've seen no mention of the Ecoboost upgrade being covered by the warranty...
Old 02-13-2018, 09:10 AM   #11120
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:

Hey I got a question - Are there any sedans than share the Mustang's chassis or engine options? Maybe some Lincoln I don't know about?

Another sidenote - Looked up local Genesis Coupe prices for shits and giggles... found some facelifted 274hp 2.0t cars for under $10k. Fucking sweet. I know I'm in the minority, but I always liked these cars.
Negative on the sedan sharing the Mustang platform. I've actually argued for years the only way to truly turn Lincoln around is with a performance sedan based off of the Mustang platform ala cadillac with the CTS/ATS on the Camaro and Infiniti off the FM platform. Well, I used to think that. That ship has sailed though since sedan sales are in the tank. It worked I believe for Cadillac and Inifniti because they struck while the iron was hot and this cars made their brands relevant again. Ford missed that opportunity with Lincoln.

I've always liked the Geny Coupes too.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:35 AM   #11121
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
What blows my mind is how the Q60 has been on the market for about a year already, you'd think a new Z would already be on the way as well. Also, I'm not seeing nearly as many Q60s on the road after a year vs when the G35/37 first came out.

I'm on-board with the new Mustang as well. All power-trains are welcome as well, and that's why it's great to me: it caters to different types of enthusiasts. If only Ford wasn't joining the cross-over train and was willing to slot in a smaller RWD coupe under the Mustang now that the Mustang has basically been upscaled to a GT car. Could be the return of the Ford Falcon, perhaps. And by how great I think the current Mustang looks, it'd look decent too.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:11 AM   #11122
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
And this is why I'd own one. Like the cars I've loved for 20 years without the 20 year old car problems.

LOLOLOLOL ever own a ford???
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:29 AM   #11123
harlockssx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
harlockssx will become famous soon enoughharlockssx will become famous soon enoughharlockssx will become famous soon enoughharlockssx will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Had two Mustangs for a total of 24 years of ownership between them. I've never had any reliability issues. The same cannot be said for my S-13's...
Old 02-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #11124
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Lol god Forbid you test drive a Fiesta ST..
I held off responding to your reply when I read it yesterday, and instead went to the nearest FORD dealership after work. You (and others) have regarded the ST models with such high praise that I didn't want to condemn them with out any personal experience. That said, I didn't even get to a test drive because I could not get past those interiors. Holy hell, there is no way I can live with my purchase, knowing I'm financing that in 2018. I can forgive my 23 year old S14's design because... well, it's 23 years old and cost me $4k!!!. But those FiST, FoST and Mustangs were just disappointing to be in. At this point in my life, and with my commute, interiors really mean something to me, well.. particularly if being financed. THAT said...I have no comment on the "Fun to Drive" aspect. I accomplished nothing and am disheartened more now than ever.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
hey man, i never thought id have such a blast with my little Protege5... but shes turned into such a fun little daily drive and she looks damn good too! not the fastest thing on 4 wheels, but has enough pep to make her fun to whiz thru turns, hauls a TON of stuff being a wagon and gets 25mpg
I'm not knocking FWD cars like that, as I mentioned earlier I want another EF civic(had a 89 hatch). I just hate dealing with the fear of theft. However, the RWD experience has a fun factor that FWD can only hope to imitate. Been there, moved on, happy with FR.
PS. Love the look with those wheels on there. Nice ride man.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #11125
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by '[240sx
I'm not knocking FWD cars like that, as I mentioned earlier I want another EF civic(had a 89 hatch). I just hate dealing with the fear of theft.
PS. Love the look with those wheels on there. Nice ride man.
thanks man its been a fun little build. instead of going back to the Honda world, try another FWD manufacturer. before i found the Protege, i was looking at the early 2k Sentra SE-R, but every person who had one for sale was a complete flake and never got back to me. the Protege5 was something of a whim that i thought of when i ran out of ideas and didnt want to spend $10k+ on a WRX wagon thats 10-12 years old. quite happy with my decision... most people who see my car have no idea what it is and im actually pretty happy they have no clue what it is! but yeah, find a FWD platform outside Honda, it really helps drop the theft factor!

honestly though, after owning this Protege5... i wouldnt be able to own anything thats NOT a wagon for a daily driver again. it hauls everything im involved with (moving parts around town for shipping, all my bands gear + merch, etc) all the while still lookin sexy AF heh

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:18 PM   #11126
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
I think you missed what part of your post I was comparing it to exactly:

Like I said, for around 5 grand someone could build an EF that would walk all over that FiST lol.

Anyways, why do people keep bringing up FWD cars in the RWD COUPES THREAD.
Oh did not miss your point, I definitely do not agree with it. You definitely missed my point though. A EF Honda would cost a lot to get to the point power wise that a FiST can do easily with bolt ons. As far as handling goes FiST's are top of their class in Autocross and spank a lot of cars in the handling department.

Oh and ya I have never been a Honda fan when it comes to cars. Maybe a S2000 or a NSX but everything else meh you would not catch me dead in one.

I grew up on Datsuns and Nissan's . Honda's are grocery getters and never have been on my radar. YMMV.

We only bring up certain fun to drive FWD cars that behave very close to RWD in their performance handling wise. Also they are turbocharged and have a huge aftermarket.

Now I can agree a lot about the Ecoboost Stang. I know I should go test drive one. Though I do keep thinking Mustang must have V8' lol

Quote:
I held off responding to your reply when I read it yesterday, and instead went to the nearest FORD dealership after work. You (and others) have regarded the ST models with such high praise that I didn't want to condemn them with out any personal experience. That said, I didn't even get to a test drive because I could not get past those interiors. Holy hell, there is no way I can live with my purchase, knowing I'm financing that in 2018. I can forgive my 23 year old S14's design because... well, it's 23 years old and cost me $4k!!!. But those FiST, FoST and Mustangs were just disappointing to be in. At this point in my life, and with my commute, interiors really mean something to me, well.. particularly if being financed. THAT said...I have no comment on the "Fun to Drive" aspect. I accomplished nothing and am disheartened more now than ever.lol
I am a FiST fan and test drove a non Recaro model, I also drove the FoST and did not like it enough to even think about buying it.

The Recaro model would be the one I would recommend. I have owned cars with nicer interiors and while the interior is Spartan it's a Sports car coming off a economy car. It's cheap, relatively speaking. I don't buy cars for how beautiful the interiors are . I buy them for how they drive. Maybe we are different in that department.
If you sat in the Recaro equipped one you might feel difference. Problem is a lot of dealers are stupid and order base seats thinking people won't pay for the Recaro's so depending on what dealership you go to you may not even see the Recaros interior cars. In Europe and the U.K. You cannot buy the car without the Recaros. They do make a big difference IMO.

Oh and note to Dorkidori, you did yourself a favor on missing out on. B15 Sentra SER, owned one,terrible turning radius and TQ steer for days. Handled well though. Would not buy another one except to maybe flip. Lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-13-2018, 04:00 PM   #11127
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
LOLOLOLOL ever own a ford???
Yes and still have them. But they have 50 year old car problems
My 68 mustang before I ripped it down to a shell for extensive metal work. And a 67 fairlane that needs brake work and some love.

lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #11128
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

Insurance Rates are cheaper too.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:19 PM   #11129
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I don't buy cars for how beautiful the interiors are.I buy them for how they drive. Maybe we are different in that department
I get that, and up until now I would have wholeheartedly agreed. But so much of my commute is spent stuck within the heard of traffic, where all I have to do.. is embrace my surroundings. Truthfully, this only really bothers me with new cars that I would have to finance. I mean, what right do I have to complain about old 90's enthusiast cars I paid cash for.lol
Quote:
If you sat in the Recaro equipped one you might feel difference.
My problem was not with the seats, nor the shifter feel in the FiST.(FoST felt like poop). It was the design, the materials, and that...that instrument cluster. Are they serious? And I thought the triple gauge pods on the FoST was the only thing dollar tree parts bin inspired. For $20k...

OT with RWD,
The 2018 Mustang does genuinely look in person. Even parked along side the '17, I'd take the'18(not including the GT350). I guess it just doesn't photograph very well.lol.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #11130
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
I get that, and up until now I would have wholeheartedly agreed. But so much of my commute is spent stuck within the heard of traffic, where all I have to do.. is embrace my surroundings. Truthfully, this only really bothers me with new cars that I would have to finance. I mean, what right do I have to complain about old 90's enthusiast cars I paid cash for.lol

My problem was not with the seats, nor the shifter feel in the FiST.(FoST felt like poop). It was the design, the materials, and that...that instrument cluster. Are they serious? And I thought the triple gauge pods on the FoST was the only thing dollar tree parts bin inspired. For $20k...

OT with RWD,
The 2018 Mustang does genuinely look in person. Even parked along side the '17, I'd take the'18(not including the GT350). I guess it just doesn't photograph very well.lol.
Ya the 2018 Mustang looks awesome, the minute I saw one in person I was like wow they got it right. I keep on telling myself must not go test drive. Lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!