Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
hachiboy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
hachiboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
SR Quest alternator on sr20det, how can i make it work?

Hello everybuddy! Like the title says, i have a quest minivan alternator that i wanna use on my sr20 redtop, i drilled out the mounting holes and bolted it in, swapped the sr20 pulley onto it and got the belt on it, my only problem is the bracket.

How can i make the bracket work for this thing? i tried grinding the bottom of the curved area where you adjust the tension but it the mounting hole of the alt doesnt line up. Someone told me to use washers and to put the belt on the last three grooves of the pulley but the its the sr20 pulley so it goes on perfect. Am i supposed to use the quest pulley instead? and where do i put the washers? and how can i make the bracket work without having to make a custom one? I searched some threads but didnt find anything. Thanks in advance! Peace,
hachiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links