Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
"Flowtested" by what standards? A typical factory DET head flows 200cfm intake 170cfm exhaust. A factory VE head flows 275cfm intake, 200cfm exhaust. Claiming it'll flow 1000hp isn't a unit of measure. I highly doubt it is close to or in the 300cfm range. Regardless, there are other benefits to using the VE head over the DE/DET head such as shaft mounted rocker arms, better cooling passages and being able to have a tame low lobe cam for cruising around and then the high lobe cam for romping and make the power you want.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #2
MeSs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
MeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura aboutMeSs has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
"Flowtested" by what standards? A typical factory DET head flows 200cfm intake 170cfm exhaust. A factory VE head flows 275cfm intake, 200cfm exhaust. Claiming it'll flow 1000hp isn't a unit of measure. I highly doubt it is close to or in the 300cfm range. Regardless, there are other benefits to using the VE head over the DE/DET head such as shaft mounted rocker arms, better cooling passages and being able to have a tame low lobe cam for cruising around and then the high lobe cam for romping and make the power you want.
My fault, according to the company it's 314cfm. Like I said, this is not a DET head. It's a Primera Highport DE head. The camshafts are Kelford and have 285 duration and 13.6 lift. I don't know anymore I'm afraid The cooling passages are also modified by the same company. Anyways, this thread isn't for DE/T vs VE. If I had known more about the head maybe I could have sold it and bought a VE head, but this head has already alot of work to it.