Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:01 AM   #1
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I remember seeing the rendering of this on their website a while ago and was pretty excited. But now seeing how the bellhousing has to be cut off and the gap after assembly, doesn't really scream "precision", especially for the price. It's a nice part but like mentioned above, the stock design doesn't lend itself to being adapted to the SR easily.

How long has this been on the market now? Your kit is the first I've seen.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2016, 07:58 AM   #2
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
I remember seeing the rendering of this on their website a while ago and was pretty excited. But now seeing how the bellhousing has to be cut off and the gap after assembly, doesn't really scream "precision", especially for the price. It's a nice part but like mentioned above, the stock design doesn't lend itself to being adapted to the SR easily.

How long has this been on the market now? Your kit is the first I've seen.
The first kits just shipped out a week or two ago. The gap after installing the bellhousing is completely dependent on how precise you want to be when you cut the transmission. If you want to take the time to make it a tight fit then it can be done with almost no gap. However even with the gap no parts of the transmission are "open" to debris since the new bellhousing is sealed to the front input shaft cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post

This is no better than the shifter bracket that comes with the Mazworx kit. It looks to be almost the same exact positioning, and you still have to cut and weld the stock linkage. There are other shifters available that maintain the factory shifter position and don't require any additional welding or modifications on the installer's end.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:43 AM   #3
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post

This is no better than the shifter bracket that comes with the Mazworx kit. It looks to be almost the same exact positioning, and you still have to cut and weld the stock linkage. There are other shifters available that maintain the factory shifter position and don't require any additional welding or modifications on the installer's end.

yea but for 20 bucks its an option to get the linkage re welded if it wasnt in the mazworx kit
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #4
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
The gap after installing the bellhousing is completely dependent on how precise you want to be when you cut the transmission... However even with the gap no parts of the transmission are "open" to debris since the new bellhousing is sealed to the front input shaft cover.
Ah, now I see how that works. That's actually quite clever! I suppose a machinist could make a cleaner cut but now I see it`s not necessary. People on a budget can reduce cost by just making the cut themselves.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:34 PM   #5
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
No matter what you do, if you leave the shift linkeage in the factory configuration (i.e. all the joints still there, with reverse lock out still functional) you pretty much end up with a shifter that is still a few inches rear of where it would be on an SR/KA trans.

The only people i've seen come up with a solution that looks to be shorter is GK Tech which is not in full production yet.

There are things you can do to shorten the assembly up slightly more than just cutting out the linkeage and welding the two brackets to each other, and I went over them a little in a thread I posted awhile back.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p...=1#post5894468
Old 03-18-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prok0 View Post
No matter what you do, if you leave the shift linkeage in the factory configuration (i.e. all the joints still there, with reverse lock out still functional) you pretty much end up with a shifter that is still a few inches rear of where it would be on an SR/KA trans.

The only people i've seen come up with a solution that looks to be shorter is GK Tech which is not in full production yet.

Umm, the InsaneDrifters and the Serial9 shifters both retain reverse lockout, and sit right where the stock Ka/Sr shifter is located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote