Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #31
KJWinky

Trader Rating: (1)
KJWinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
that sucks!!! If that be the case. then hell yeah get your money for your bumper from the guy and take the free session.... seems like the instructor just needed to test out your car to make sure you didnt have terrible suspension.... not if your car can handle 60mph around a hairpin turn.....
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #32
KJWinky

KJWinky is an unknown quantity at this point
bullshit you cant ziptie stich it in pieces. thats why people do it....
Old 05-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #33
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobzking View Post
THE TRACK MANDATES THAT AN INSTRUCTOR DRIVE YOUR CAR AROUND FOR THE FIRST 1-2 LAPS.

I already knew the track and asked if we could skip before we got started and just let me drive, but the track made him drive it.
If thats the case they need to pony up the other $200. Thats bullsheit!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #34
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jacobzking is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJWinky View Post
that sucks!!! If that be the case. then hell yeah get your money for your bumper from the guy and take the free session.... seems like the instructor just needed to test out your car to make sure you didnt have terrible suspension.... not if your car can handle 60mph around a hairpin turn.....
when you go to track day, they split you in to 4 categories based on track experience, and based on your experience on that track. if you're in blue or green (first 2 levels), they have the instructor drive you around the track. its mandatory.

i was JUST on that exact same track just about 3 weeks prior. my car was the same. my instructor was the same. i knew the track since i had just been there... that's why i asked if i could just drive the whole time.

i even explained to him that the Star Spec tires are very poor tires for wet tracks about 30 seconds before he put the car in the grass.

he was just driving a car that he wasn't familiar with too aggressively. it wasn't a race; there was no reason for him to be driving that hard, on a car with that much torque and dry racing tires.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #35
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
If it wasnt your choice to have an instructor, then they should cover it. I'd understand if you wanted an instructor.

After all, they are instructor, they should know the track like the back of their hands. then again, shit does happen. Maybe if you guys can go half on the cost.. or even 70-30 if that.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #36
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana_Cute View Post
If it wasnt your choice to have an instructor, then they should cover it. I'd understand if you wanted an instructor.

After all, they are instructor, they should know the track like the back of their hands. then again, shit does happen. Maybe if you guys can go half on the cost.. or even 70-30 if that.
yeah, i just messaged the guy and told him i'd split the difference with him. i think thats more than fair. that way he's only out of pocket $150 and same for me... $150
Old 05-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #37
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
That is a dumbass track rule. It should be the instructor driving you in his own car. Then the instructor sits with you.... But whatever....

The instructor was stupid. I go to the track a lot and my seats are bolted straight down to the frame. It would be nice if he chipped in, but I wouldn't expect him to.

Like someone said its a trackday, track shit happens....
Old 05-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #38
jamg
Nissanaholic!

jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
buy the bumper, and have your instructor get it painted.

and take those free track days.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #39
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
weird, usually when you have to follow instructors cars, not let them drive your car.

i guess TX and CA are different.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #40
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I dont think the instructor has to pay for anything, only because it sounds like he is an employe of the track, and an employe of a buisness should be covered by the buisness insurance, and the track giving you "track time" is a way of them telling you that they where at fault, so I would have them cover more than "track time".

I wouldnt let anyone drive my car anyways, i dont care if those are the rules, I dont trust anyone but me, that way if anything happens I blame myself, and skip all the BS
Old 05-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #41
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post
I dont think the instructor has to pay for anything, only because it sounds like he is an employe of the track, and an employe of a buisness should be covered by the buisness insurance, and the track giving you "track time" is a way of them telling you that they where at fault, so I would have them cover more than "track time".

I wouldnt let anyone drive my car anyways, i dont care if those are the rules, I dont trust anyone but me, that way if anything happens I blame myself, and skip all the BS
thats how i feel about it. but thats not the case. anyhow, i talked to the instructor last night and told him that the track was giving me the 2 free sessions that would cover the cost of the bumper by itself and that I'm out about $300 total. I offered to split the $300 and here's what he said:

"OK man that sounds pretty generous of you and of Maggie [the track coordinator] so if it's cool and it's your final decision let's do that
I will call Maggie and let her know what we decided on and she'll know that she should be expecting you for free twice"

I think that was the most fair resolve to everyone (short of the track just covering it since it was their policy and their instructor).
Old 05-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #42
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Eh? Why bring your trophy car to the track. Knowing your not pro shit is bound to happen. You instructor ripped the front bumper off he had "skill" as for you you might of just fucked more shit up other than the front bumper. Just take the track days, be balla as fuck in drifting.end of the fucking story. Why do people ask for advice on here like shit really matters. It's your fucking car deal with it, quick asking for opinions from others. That's like asking shit there a bomb ass chick right there should I smash or not..come on guys tell me what to do..
Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #43
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
Eh? Why bring your trophy car to the track. Knowing your not pro shit is bound to happen. You instructor ripped the front bumper off he had "skill" as for you you might of just fucked more shit up other than the front bumper. Just take the track days, be balla as fuck in drifting.end of the fucking story. Why do people ask for advice on here like shit really matters. It's your fucking car deal with it, quick asking for opinions from others. That's like asking shit there a bomb ass chick right there should I smash or not..come on guys tell me what to do..
i bring my car to track days for exactly what it is on track day; high performance driving experience...not a race... not a drifting competition.

i was asking for other suggestions to see if anyone had other ideas or perspectives. and again, it wasn't a drifting event. READ THE THREAD i'm not saying i have more skill, because i definitely do not, but i managed 20 laps that day without a single spin out or loss of controlled grip. he wrecked on turn 5 out of 11 on the first lap (less than halfway through just one lap on the course).
Old 05-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #44
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post

dude, instructors dont get paid, they just get noticed or they ask to be instructors and get the free track day, learn how to spell business too, jesus.

Track doesn't give you time, the person who host's the event at the track gives you the free event. Just by offering the free track events was nice enough.

I don't believe you have ever been in a event before to speak your mind, if you have i apologize.

to OP live and learn.
also your front bumpers fiberglass?
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #45
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
dTrack doesn't give you time, the person who host's the event at the track gives you the free event. Just by offering the free track events was nice enough.

to OP live and learn.
also your front bumpers fiberglass?
this track is a little different in that it actually IS the track that does the track day (not a 3rd party driving school) so that makes it a little easier on them to give me free track time since they own the track. so they're not out any money (other than giving up 1 spot for free).

yeah... fiberglass.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #46
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

y u no get jdm oem lol
Old 05-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #47
TrustS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
TrustS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Buy an OEM JDM kouki bumper that's plastic.. and the lip, and never break them again.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #48
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
i bring my car to track days for exactly what it is on track day; high performance driving experience...not a race... not a drifting competition.

i was asking for other suggestions to see if anyone had other ideas or perspectives. and again, it wasn't a drifting event. READ THE THREAD i'm not saying i have more skill, because i definitely do not, but i managed 20 laps that day without a single spin out or loss of controlled grip. he wrecked on turn 5 out of 11 on the first lap (less than halfway through just one lap on the course).
Doesn't matter one way or the other .. Either your we're gonna fuck up or he was...it's bound to happen no one perfect.. Drifting or not you can still eff up your car.. What the fuck do you want to say.."so I went to track today guys, my teacher effed up my car, so what do I do guys ?" threads fucking stupid, this is exactly why zilvia's gone to shit, your a grown ass man do what you think is right. End of story. End of thread.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #49
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
Doesn't matter one way or the other .. Either your we're gonna fuck up or he was...it's bound to happen no one perfect.. Drifting or not you can still eff up your car.. What the fuck do you want to say.."so I went to track today guys, my teacher effed up my car, so what do I do guys ?" threads fucking stupid, this is exactly why zilvia's gone to shit, your a grown ass man do what you think is right. End of story. End of thread.
its very narrow minded to think that i shouldn't explore all my options.

and just because i track the car, does NOT mean that I'm eventually going to destroy the bumper. i could have gone the rest of the year without destroying it. and maybe by then I'm ready to sell the car... so why should I have to sell it without a bumper?

i just came here to get opinions from other people with track experience.

its people like you that have no useful input on this thread, that just create posts to get bigger thread counts, that make forums go to shit.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #50
slammed04tsx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
slammed04tsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do what you think is right is what i gotta say if you want him to pay ask him if you don't thats your call noone is gonna hate you for doing it or not doing it all just a personal choice
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #51
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Have your insurance company total the car.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #52
Jaketenpointo
Zilvia Junkie

Jaketenpointo will become famous soon enoughJaketenpointo will become famous soon enoughJaketenpointo will become famous soon enoughJaketenpointo will become famous soon enough
Its unrelated to the conversation, but I like the way it looks without the bumper.

That said, I think a couple track days is a reasonable exchange. Not saying that you don't take care of your car, but s*** happens at the track, and sometimes things break. BUT, if you feel like he was taking unnecessary risk with your car then maybe he should pay.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #53
Schwiegz
Leaky Injector

Schwiegz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
you can't zip tie it when its broken in to pieces
You obviously havent driven a Nissan for long...

OP, its tough. Personally, Id take the 2 track days and call it a day. You can zip tie the hell outta the front bumper FOR NOW. While your in the process of disregarding females, and acquiring currency, you can drive it and enjoy the "battle" styled look lol. Than, when youve saved up the 500 bones, you can get the shit fixed no problem AND you got 2 free track days.

Sucks for the time being in your mind because it doesnt look clean, but I wouldnt mind it like that lol. Not to mention you've already waited to get the car. Couple more weeks couldnt possibly hurt
Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #54
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

jacob this isnt a forum really for racing lol.

try nissanroadracing.com
Old 05-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #55
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
If you plan on going back to the track again after the two free days, just take the two days and be happy. If he offers to pay and you really want some cash from him, tell him it was an expensive accident but still just an accident so you'll let him decide how much to offer you. It'll be in your favor to not sound like a pissed off dick even though you're probably in the right to ask for compensation. Really though, you should expect accidents, even though you haven't had one at the track yet.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #56
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
THE TRACK MANDATES THAT AN INSTRUCTOR DRIVE YOUR CAR AROUND FOR THE FIRST 1-2 LAPS.

I already knew the track and asked if we could skip before we got started and just let me drive, but the track made him drive it.

Then he should pay.

End of story.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #57
Davidmic747
Zilvia Member

Davidmic747 is an unknown quantity at this point
poop nuggets, next before you let someone else drive it tell them "you wreck it, you fix it"
Old 05-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #58
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwiegz View Post
You obviously havent driven a Nissan for long...
i did my first SR swap in 1999
Old 05-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #59
0wn3r
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of0wn3r has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This thread is full of "Zilvia" and I think the only logical poster besides the OP has been hOngsterr.

If you want real world advice: The track or club that you race with typically makes you sign a form that does not make them liable for any damage that happens while you're out there. By signing those forms and allowing the instructor to drive makes them liable for nothing (generally speaking). Not only is the instructor and track not liable, but this also applies to YOU coming into contact with SOMEONE ELSE and SOMEONE ELSE coming into contact with YOU.

At the club I've raced with, I've always preferred to drive myself and let them sit in the passenger seat after a lesson learned during auto-x where someone did not listen to me when I said the car does not have ABS and will lock up. That way I avoid any of this mess and if it's my fault then it's my fault.

I think 2 free track days is better than nothing, which I'm guessing would happen if it was a club instructor rather than a track-employed instructor. It's good that it seems like you emailed him without sounding like a raging Zilvia teenager. He could have said no to you in this situation and there would have obviously just been bad blood between you two. I'm actually very surprised he is splitting the difference with you and that's very generous of him. For that matter, even the track didn't need to give you anything...and $200 is fairly cheap. (Lowest I've seen by me is $425 for two days or $225 for one.)

From what I've read, Star Specs actually handle quite well in wet conditions.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #60
Rag
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Rag is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rag
ALL drivers that participate in motorsports MUST be well aware of the risks to you and your vehicle.

Suck it it because you need to pay to play in any motorsport.
Closed Thread