Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Subaru BRZ = 240sx Successor

Looks like we have a solid successor to the 240sx chassis in 10 years when they come down on price.

2012 MAX ORIDO D1GP NEW MACHINE TOYOTA V8 86 SHAKEDOWN - YouTube

Yes Please!!!
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Zilmatic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Zilmatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not really a successor just cause its a entry level JDM RWD car...
Zilmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
240sx successor?? did you forget the ae86 lol
Old 07-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
Nismo11
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Nismo11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
240sx successor?? did you forget the ae86 lol
Well said.
Nismo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Well Toyota / Subaru chassis. I wish Nissan would answer the call.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
wow.. another v8 high HP drift machine based on an anemic factory car..

what's next, a v8 powered RWD fiat 500?
Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I feel sorry for this car already, its had its heard ripped out, given a fat ass, and now the Devil of all Drifters is going to tear it a new asshole and smash its body into every bit of concrete it comes near... This is how we feel about your car Subaru!
Oh and the EVO is still better... naner naner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
what's next, a v8 powered RWD fiat 500?
Or a GTR powered Juke... yeah!!! Nissan does kick ass!!
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
stylo1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stylo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
wow.. Another v8 high hp drift machine based on an anemic factory car..

What's next, a v8 powered rwd fiat 500?
i agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:18 AM   #9
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Who cares how the Z drives if I cannot see where I am going through the claustrophobic prison-sized windows.
Not only that, but I find the Z33 and Z34 to be quite repulsive in the looks department. Here is to hoping this will be a better decade for automotive styling, as the 00's brought about a terrible slump in my opinion. Although my hopes are not high.
lol this so much. the blind spots in z33s are literally blind spots. u can almost not even see out of them.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #10
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Nissan will revive the Silvia if the BRZ/FR-S does well. I can almost guarentee it. I've been telling all my friends who own Subarus / Toyotas to trade in their current car for one when they release...
Old 04-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
Zilmatic
Leaky Injector

^ Possibly if the economy and market for these kinda cars get better.... hopefully they wont fuck it up like what mazda did with the rx-8
Old 04-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Why does everyone go Gaga over the BRZ and not the FRS? Subaru has done well their their marketing.

A true "240sx" successor would be a car that sells extremely well (in large volumes) but then a few years latter prices drop to the floor. I don't see the FRZ selling in great volumes or even sustaining multiple generations (I hope they do however).

The 350z is right now the "new 240sx", there are a million out there and you can get one for 10k. You'd have to spend at least 10k to get a 240sx to perform like a Z33.

FRZ is $25k, while its a great car, is it $15k greater than my Z? Is it worth $500 a month to me? Not really, and most 240sx owners are bigger broke asses then even me.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #13
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
The 350z is right now the "new 240sx", there are a million out there and you can get one for 10k. You'd have to spend at least 10k to get a 240sx to perform like a Z33.

FRZ is $25k, while its a great car, is it $15k greater than my Z? Is it worth $500 a month to me? Not really, and most 240sx owners are bigger broke asses then even me.
This. All of it. It's like Nissan realized most of us would just rip out the backseats anyway & saved us the trouble. Oh, you still want backseats? G35 Coupe. Oh, you're getting more mature but still wanna get your hoon on? G35 Sedan 6mt. Their performance specs are all reasonably enough close enough to make me happy.

At this point, I couldn't care less about a 240sx successor. Now, a successor to the Silvia? That's a different story. The Genesis is the closest right now. It would be great if it lost a lot of weight when the next gen comes out. I might consider straying when the 2013+ Genesis coupe 2.0T gets cheaper.

Until the new FR-S/BRZ is offered with some factory boost , it's not even on my bang for your buck radar. And no, I do not want a TRD supercharger...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
^^
This is absolutely true, I'm looking for one myself right now.

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #15
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

True, get with this program.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #16
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post
True, get with this program.
Don't inform them, then the z's will get turned into giant piles of shit moreso than is already happening at a shitty rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #17
tx240ss
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
tx240ss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
as for pricing...stopped in at a Houston dealer today to look at the frs... HOLY STICKER SHOCK, BATMAN!!! The showroom model was $33800.. fully loaded with go fast items like Navigation and fake carbon fiber.. a $400 rear spoiler was added for effect and $1800 for some shitty wheels and tires... I don't freakin think so.... who wants all this flash and no go... a stock wrx or mustang v6 will kick it's butt... even the genesis coupe has 74 more hp for less money... if they don't get the price down, only trust fund babies will be buying these....
tx240ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #18
MWH_Photo
Leaky Injector

MWH_Photo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx240ss View Post
as for pricing...stopped in at a Houston dealer today to look at the frs... HOLY STICKER SHOCK, BATMAN!!! The showroom model was $33800.. fully loaded with go fast items like Navigation and fake carbon fiber.. a $400 rear spoiler was added for effect and $1800 for some shitty wheels and tires... I don't freakin think so.... who wants all this flash and no go... a stock wrx or mustang v6 will kick it's butt... even the genesis coupe has 74 more hp for less money... if they don't get the price down, only trust fund babies will be buying these....
Most people aren't buying them from dealers who put all that useless bullshit on it.

There's a Civic SI (non-HFP, non-navi) a local Honda dealer marked at 33K because they put low-jack on, tinted the windows, added disgusting wheels, and 7K worth of "Dealer markup." It's been there well over 5 months..

Just because it's marked that high doesn't mean people actually buy it. I was looking at a red 6-speed FRS at a local dealer and could have walked out of there paying $24k before TT&L with the recent grad rebate. That's not a bad price for what it is.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #19
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWH_Photo View Post
Most people aren't buying them from dealers who put all that useless bullshit on it.

There's a Civic SI (non-HFP, non-navi) a local Honda dealer marked at 33K because they put low-jack on, tinted the windows, added disgusting wheels, and 7K worth of "Dealer markup." It's been there well over 5 months..

Just because it's marked that high doesn't mean people actually buy it. I was looking at a red 6-speed FRS at a local dealer and could have walked out of there paying $24k before TT&L with the recent grad rebate. That's not a bad price for what it is.
EXACTLY. If people are dumb enough to pay a $5k markup for nothing I seriously don't feel sorry for them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #20
markfitz14

markfitz14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Why does everyone go Gaga over the BRZ and not the FRS? Subaru has done well their their marketing.

A true "240sx" successor would be a car that sells extremely well (in large volumes) but then a few years latter prices drop to the floor. I don't see the FRZ selling in great volumes or even sustaining multiple generations (I hope they do however).

Me and this dude are thinking alike. I saw 3 Z's on just today. Having tons of new 350 being sold make them really cheaply available as a used car in the years to come.
markfitz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Too bad it is ugly.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #22
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Too bad it is ugly.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #23
Zilmatic
Leaky Injector

Old 04-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #24
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
I can sort of see it...Comparing technically it's very similar to the 240sx more than the z33.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #25
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
you know there is more to life than the 240sx.
who cares what the sucessor is, just appreciate the car for what it is.

a lot of 240 owners (on this site at least) aren't just broke, they're never happy with any new car, always have something to whine about.
It's absolutely depressing to come on here and see threads like this.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #26
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
No the stupid v8 America bullshit has hit the mother land..no! At least revive the 2j ..Its been proven..
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #27
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
No the stupid v8 America bullshit has hit the mother land..no! At least revive the 2j ..Its been proven..
Yes, cause V8s are not.

I'm sure that V8 weighs less and makes more power than most 2Js, all the while not suffering form turbo lag and heat issues. That is why V8s are dominating in professional drifting.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #28
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Yes, cause V8s are not.

I'm sure that V8 weighs less and makes more power than most 2Js, all the while not suffering form turbo lag and heat issues. That is why V8s are dominating in professional drifting.
Reason why their domination is bc everyone's using them...popularity in numbers thats all...
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #29
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
Reason why their domination is bc everyone's using them...popularity in numbers thats all...
Things are popular for a reason. V8s are popular because they are inexpensive, compact, simple and make shit tons of power. They also make that power right off idle, meaning when you lift off the gas and hit the throttle again there is no turbo lag. This is crucial when trying to do tandems and keep a perfect line.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #30
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Things are popular for a reason. V8s are popular because they are inexpensive, compact, simple and make shit tons of power. They also make that power right off idle, meaning when you lift off the gas and hit the throttle again there is no turbo lag. This is crucial when trying to do tandems and keep a perfect line.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
Pushrods, Apple Pie, and Brunettes.

What else do ya need in life.

Ok, maybe Monster Trucks.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote