Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
marcus8789
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
marcus8789 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My S14 build....L@@K....

I'll start off with the history of my Nissan 240sx. Earlier this summer I finished building an ae86 Hatch from scratch (picture of hatch below...sorry, I only have a couple pictures of have of it). I figured it was time to move on back into the Nissan scene and pick myself up another project. I ended up selling my hatch and came across a Nissan that needed a lot of T.L.C. BUUTTTTT.....where everyone saw JUNK....I seen a lot of potential in this blue nasty candy colored NIssan

I spend the last six months doing the body work....paint, motor, suspension etc.....
Well, enough with the talk, here are some picture for all you guys. Enjoy

Here is the AE86 Hatch that I sold....

The day I towed it home....

This was my first ever paint job.....

Here is the engine (1.8L 90hp babe lol) when I first pulled it out of the car....

Here is the engine all finished

Front of the hatch....

Pictures of the Nissan when I first picked it up.

Side rear passenger view....(quarter panel!!!!)

Another front view....

The inside of the car had all this white paint all over it. That was something that deffenitly had to be fixed....

Engine bay...

Side view...

The rear trunk was in pretty rough shape...I had to fill all the holes for the stock wing...(including the huge antenna hole) with resin and sand it all smooth....

LET THE SANDING AND TRANSFORMATION BEGIN....

The front bumper was in really bad shape when I got it....so I just decided to fix what I could on the bumper and only use it for the track and drift events. I had to use this bumper for about 2 months before I picked up another one (you'll see the new on a little further down the page...)

still sanding...

The car had a really nice carbon fiber hood.... only problem was was that the carbon fiber was faded, and it had two cracks about 6-8 inches where the little windshield squirter thingys were. Therefore, I decided that the hood was in good shape, all I needed to do was use a little elbow grease along with some fiber glass to fix her up. It took me a couple hours to get the fiber glass perfect and smooth.....

Here is the car getting read for primer....Can you say tack-rag? I'm so tired of using a f"ing tack-rag

finished with the primer.....starting to look normal...

All finished with the primer.......bumpers and lights back on...

So now that the car has its primer and it's starting to look like something....my dad kept clowning on me because I was still rolling with the steelies lol. Therefore, I eventually gave in and picked up a set of Rota P45R 17x9.5 with a +12 offset.

I took the car out to take some pictures as soon as i got the wheels mounted.

The car sits a little high in this picture because I was waiting on a friend to hook me up with a fender roller...

I ended up coming across a local guy selling this OEM S15 front bumper for $200. I ended up jumping on it....WOOT

I had to take out those leather seats. 1, sweat my ass off when its hot. 2, freeze my ass off when its cold lol. 3, nothing worse than sliding around in a seat while "trying" to drift or do an autocross event lol. (THESE SEATS FOR FOR SALE. $50...MY ZIP IS 95045)

Took off the nasty "snow plow" bumper.......getting ready for the s15 one....

The rear bumper body kit didn't flow with the stock s15 front bumper, so I decided to just pick up a OEM s14 bumper on ebay for $30.

Rear bumper all primered and bolted on....

I had to not only roll my fenders to fit the P45R wheels, but I had to heat the rear fenders and flare both sides ghetto style with a bat lol. Surprisingly they both came out perfect

Here is a picture with the car all primered, oem 15 front bumper, wheels etc....All she needs is some paint...

So i decided to go with a s14 Kouki sr20det. I was gonna go with an LS2 Vette motor....but that will have to wait till next year.

Some more pictures of the sr20

And more....

Here is the SR20 fully installed. I was trying to keep it looking as stock as possible. (the yellow vacuum line was replaced with a black one shortly after this picture lol) I ended up sending out my ecu to Jim Wolf Technologies down in Southern California. I'll have to scan the dyno map so you guy can see my numbers....

Here is the car all painted. I decided to go with a flat black look....

Here's another picture......

Front end....

Here is the inside now....No more white.....

I managed to pick up some CLEAN s14 kouki seats....

I had to remove to big exhaust tip because I kept getting pulled over by the police. Here is what it looks like now...

Ohhhh.......but wait....I didn't remove the whole 3 inch exhaust.....only the muffer is changed. And in this picture you can see where the flange is so I can simply bolt up the Apexi muffler whenever I want. 3 quick bolts.......WOOT WOOT

Next for this project..... I'm gonna be building up that SR20DET. I'm going with the TOMEI EVERYTHING....Tomei ARMS 7960 Turbo kit, Tomei 740 cc injectors, Bigger throttle body, Metal head gasket, FMIC (Greddy or ARC), Tomei rocker arm stoppers, Tomei PonCams, Tomei Springs. I'll take pictures when all the parts start to come in. Thanks for looking at this post...

Last edited by marcus8789; 11-17-2010 at 02:46 AM..
marcus8789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
glad to see another person here..thats builds there own shit..haha nice job..you considering on going with OEM s15 fenders, i know its not a straight bolt on, but imo its better that the ones you have on... since 90% of the exterior is now OEM hehe
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
marcus8789
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
glad to see another person here..thats builds there own shit..haha nice job..you considering on going with OEM s15 fenders, i know its not a straight bolt on, but imo its better that the ones you have on... since 90% of the exterior is now OEM hehe
Its funny you mention the fenders.....thats the only thing I regret not changing before I painted my car. I hate the fenders I have on my car........I have been doing a little research on how to bolt up s15 fenders (cutting, welding etc...). Not tooooooooo much info out there on doing this. I wish someone just sold metal oem fenders that would bolt up to my car lol.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #4
Jason913
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Jason913 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
It came out really nice dude, you definitely know body work.

Wish you were close, I'd pick up those seats right now. I love my OEM leather seats, but they're in bad condition.
Jason913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
marcus8789
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason913 View Post
It came out really nice dude, you definitely know body work.

Wish you were close, I'd pick up those seats right now. I love my OEM leather seats, but they're in bad condition.
Thanks. But about the seats, they're actually in pretty good condition. They are not perfect, but then again you can't argue with the price lol. Cheap seats, get your cheap seats here lol
Old 10-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #6
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
thats how i am.. i see a car with potential then seeing a piece of junk ....this build looks like its going in the right direction... good luck !
Old 10-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
good save man!
keep it up!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #8
marcus8789
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
thats how i am.. i see a car with potential then seeing a piece of junk ....this build looks like its going in the right direction... good luck !

Thanks
Old 10-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #9
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
wow...nice body work......not a fan of the strawberry face with no kit...but none the less...looks a millions times better than when you bought her. gl man...keep it up.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:22 AM   #10
marcus8789
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
wow...nice body work......not a fan of the strawberry face with no kit...but none the less...looks a millions times better than when you bought her. gl man...keep it up.
Yeah I know it looks a lil goofy without a bodykit. I'm still workin/researching which bodykit I would wanna throw on it.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #11
NightRyder

Trader Rating: (0)
NightRyder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great job saving that car. Looks way better now, keep up the good work.
NightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
stockbee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
You've taken something that look like crap and made it look awesome. Sadly others take great looking stock cars and ruin them. I commend you sir.
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:19 AM   #13
marcus8789
Leaky Injector

So I finally found my Dyno sheet today and I decided to post it up so everyone can see. The motor is completely stock. The only thing that I have done was ship out my ecu to Jim Wolf Technologies and what a difference. Before I shipped out my ecu the sr20det only made 171hp to the wheels. After the JWT ecu, the sr20det made.....228hp/224torque

Old 10-29-2010, 03:39 AM   #14
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sweet, wish I could do body work. But word, get rid of those fenders.. and moar lower!
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:44 AM   #15
marcus8789
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftphunk View Post
Sweet, wish I could do body work. But word, get rid of those fenders.. and moar lower!
haha yeah I know. I'm looking into fitting some s15 fenders on it. As far as the height, thats pretty much as low as I can go because I can barely get up my dirt driveway as it is lol.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:33 AM   #16
mxsx25
Zilvia Junkie

mxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to mxsx25
Wow nice turn around on this one!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #17
kamechikara
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
kamechikara is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus8789 View Post
So I finally found my Dyno sheet today and I decided to post it up so everyone can see. The motor is completely stock. The only thing that I have done was ship out my ecu to Jim Wolf Technologies and what a difference. Before I shipped out my ecu the sr20det only made 171hp to the wheels. After the JWT ecu, the sr20det made.....228hp/224torque

Agreed. Jim Wolf is dope.
kamechikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #18
pahaf
Zilvia Member

pahaf is an unknown quantity at this point
nice. you did a nice job restoring it
pahaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:46 AM   #19
marcus8789
Leaky Injector

Update;
New pictures of the hatch in original post.....

ALSO>>>>
I"m doing an HID conversion on my Nissan along with RHD to LHD conversion (I'm talking about the headlights, not the dash/steering etc...). Planning on going with the Philip's 6000k. However that might change....still looking for the best kit. Any suggestions?
Old 10-31-2010, 10:04 AM   #20
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
lower it..
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:01 AM   #21
marcus8789
Leaky Injector

Okay guys...... it's time I update my build a little bit. I decided not to go with HID's because I don't wanna blind everyone with the scattered beam. So.....I've decided to make a custom strut tower bar.

Here is all the material I purchased @ OSH....

I cut out some paper and lined up all the holes etc.....

I then traced everything and fixed the lines....

I then traced the white paper (mock up plate) onto a metal sheet and cut it out.

After both sides were complete, I decided to bend the pipe (after measuring of course)..

The next step is the make the mounts. I haven't decided how i want to mount it to the metal brackets....but I have a few idea's. I'll post more pictures tomorrow night. Lemme know if you guys have any input on this fab work. I'm always open to suggestions.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:07 AM   #22
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
have you seen a strut tower bar before? the material they use is MUCH thicker than the sheet metal you are using.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #23
l2edken
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
l2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the roughl2edken is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
yeah what is that your using for the strut mounts, 8th inch sheet?
l2edken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #24
fingjosh
Leaky Injector

fingjosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Custom strut tower is awesome man
fingjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #25
marcus8789
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
have you seen a strut tower bar before? the material they use is MUCH thicker than the sheet metal you are using.
Yeah I've seen a strut tower before. There is more fab work thats goin on the material......im not finished!!! I'll see if I can finish one side by tonight.....this way you guys can see where I'm going with it.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #26
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus8789 View Post
Therefore, I eventually gave in and picked up a set of Rota Grid P45R 17x9.5 with a +12 offset.

I took the car out to take some pictures as soon as i got the wheels mounted.

I think you mean you got Rota P45R's, instead of the GRIDS...the first pic is GRIDS, the actual wheels you got are P45R.

GRIDS - 6 spoke
P45R - 5 spoke

they're two separate wheel models...just saying. otherwise, build looks good. definitely saved it from disaster.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #27
marcus8789
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
I think you mean you got Rota P45R's, instead of the GRIDS...the first pic is GRIDS, the actual wheels you got are P45R.

GRIDS - 6 spoke
P45R - 5 spoke

they're two separate wheel models...just saying. otherwise, build looks good. definitely saved it from disaster.
Oh dang, I didn't notice I did that. Good catch buddy
Old 11-17-2010, 03:15 AM   #28
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
looks good what did you end up doing with the KAT setup it had? for sale ???
Old 11-17-2010, 03:16 AM   #29
JRauto
BANNED

JRauto is an unknown quantity at this point
nice save man.. keep it up.
JRauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #30
CONES
Leaky Injector

CONES is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CONES
interested in the seats. rough idea how much the pair weighs? trying to stimate shipping