Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Nachtmensch
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Nachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto Meter/Stack Now a Sponsor!

Auto Meter Products
413 West Elm St
Sycamore, IL 60178

Hi everybody, I’m Kevin and I work at Auto Meter Products. I’ve had a S13 in the past and have worked in a local shop that specialized on Nissan, specifically the S-Chassis and Z cars. I’m here to answer questions about our Auto Meter and Stack products as well as show what we have to offer. My team and I offer tech support and assistance from right here in Sycamore, IL.

We at Auto Meter Products are always engineering, designing, and coming up with new and better products for our customers and take pride in our work and stand behind our products.

We do not sell direct, but many of the Zilvia sponsors can get you all of our products. Please contact them for sales.

I encourage you to browse our websites Auto Meter Stack Ltd. for products currently available, as well as join our social network for cars Winning Ride where you can win a trip to SEMA. Also check us out our Facebook pages at Auto Meter Stack Ltd.!

For any technical support calls, call us at (866)248-6357 between 8-5pm CST Monday through Friday. You can also email us at [email protected].

I look forward to serving you and being a larger part of the growing Zilvia community.

-Kevin

Last edited by Nachtmensch; 09-30-2011 at 07:55 AM..
Nachtmensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Very cool, I didn't know you were at AUTOMETER Kevin, Best of luck!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
revcyanide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
revcyanide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
revcyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Kevin - I asked on the Facebook page, but do you know if they offer or will be offering a trans temp gauge? I have been wanting to switch out alll the gauges for something better this year and STACK doesn't have any trans temp gauges (that i can see)
Old 09-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
stack 8100

shipped to 78040
Old 09-29-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
set up a booth and let people try gauges for free at dd39, kevin!
haha

glws
Old 09-30-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
drftx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
drftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant futuredrftx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftx
great guy! and great products ill be sure to up my gauges during this winter down time! hope everything is well at auto meter for you kevin!
drftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #8
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Did a little reading on Stack's site and saw that some of the gauges come equipped with an Auxiliary relay to control fans and whatever else. How hard is it to set these relays? The manual was a bit vague.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
phaedrus242

phaedrus242 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Did a little reading on Stack's site and saw that some of the gauges come equipped with an Auxiliary relay to control fans and whatever else. How hard is it to set these relays? The manual was a bit vague.
The Pro Control functions on the gauges are actually fairly easy to wire up. Saves a lot of extra wiring, no redundant sensors and the STACK temp sender is way more accurate than any thermistor switch is going to be.

Essentially, there are three user defined "bands" or display levels on the instrument which are represented by three user selected colors. Programming is simple and is done using just the buttons in the gauge (no BS modules or networks to fuss with).

Using water temp as an example (ST 3508), say we configure 100 - 180 as band 1, 181 - 220 as band 2 and 221 - 260 as band 3. We'll make band 1 blue, band 2 white and band 3 red.

At each switchover point (1-2 and 2-3), you can have something happen. In this instance we're going to have the fans kick on at the 2-3 and then not shut off until it drops below the 1-2. Follow me so far? This is most complicated example, but the one I feel is probably most useful for a temp gauge controlling fans. You'll use two standard relays (you don't want the gauge controlling more than 1 amp per switchover point) and a bit of wiring. Here is a (very basic) diagram we drew up showing exactly how this is accomplished. As you can see, there's not a lot to it.

I've got a couple videos illustrating feature sets and how to program these as well if anyone's interested. Hit Kevin or I up and we'll get them posted. Don't want to spam the board with stuff, but if we can help, we're more than happy to.

Cheers!

Joseph

phaedrus242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #10
Nachtmensch
Zilvia Addict

Nachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for the welcome guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Kevin - I asked on the Facebook page, but do you know if they offer or will be offering a trans temp gauge? I have been wanting to switch out alll the gauges for something better this year and STACK doesn't have any trans temp gauges (that i can see)
Stack gauges are usually used on vehicles with a traditional manual trans or on cars with flappy paddle boxes. In these cases, the trans temp does not nearly get as high as an auto transmission where a trans temp gauge would be very useful to monitor. A specific trans temp gauge is not in the works as far as I am aware.

However, you can use the oil temp gauge to monitor the trans temp accurately. This is common practice for 4x4 customers who want differential temp gauges in a series that the diff temp specific gauge is not available. The only difference would be that the face of the gauge says "Oil Temp" as opposed to "Trans Temp"

-Kevin
Nachtmensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #11
chuy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
chuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura aboutchuy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
We do not sell direct, but many of the Zilvia sponsors can get you all of our products. Please contact them for sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge s14 View Post
stack 8100

shipped to 78040
read much?