Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: LS1 or KA-T
LS1 w/T56 57 64.77%
KA-T 31 35.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #31
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
ls1 + cam and headers. instant torque, more power, less money. done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiSmOKnIghTsRBS14 View Post
SELL the ls1 and the kat stuff.... and go with LS2
intake, header, exhast, cam, pushrods, dual valve springs, ti retainers, tune
440rwhp allday

just my 2 cent
good idea too.... methinks that setup will make more than 440whp
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2008, 10:35 PM   #32
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Do the ka-t and put the ls1 in another car
Old 09-21-2008, 06:44 AM   #33
2slow4u

Trader Rating: (0)
2slow4u is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A LS1 Weights less than a KA all day. Now look at your investment in this swap your gonna spend roughly about 8-15G's with everything needed to complete this swap and have it stay reliable. I'm not downing it what so ever i'm all for it. Wish i had the extra funds to complete it myself.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:58 AM   #34
TheMissingRat

TheMissingRat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slow4u View Post
A LS1 Weights less than a KA all day. Now look at your investment in this swap your gonna spend roughly about 8-15G's with everything needed to complete this swap and have it stay reliable. I'm not downing it what so ever i'm all for it. Wish i had the extra funds to complete it myself.
I 2nd this.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #35
mayco_86
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
mayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfectionmayco_86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sell the LS1 get yourself a good tuner and you will be running circles around that LS1 I have videos of us smo"King LS2 on s13 guys with our bone stock SRs with good tunning! of course trust me. aint nothing wrong with 4 cyl all these v8 guys are busters bring me a stock V8 with a tune on any s chassis il pop my hood on my sr20det chassis show u that its a stock block and put money on that run. NISMOKNIGHTS for LIFE
Old 09-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #36
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayco_86 View Post
Sell the LS1 get yourself a good tuner and you will be running circles around that LS1 I have videos of us smo"King LS2 on s13 guys with our bone stock SRs with good tunning! of course trust me. aint nothing wrong with 4 cyl all these v8 guys are busters bring me a stock V8 with a tune on any s chassis il pop my hood on my sr20det chassis show u that its a stock block and put money on that run. NISMOKNIGHTS for LIFE

English next time?

Back to reality:
A cam/tune/bolt on ls1 (400ish whp) in an s chassis would beat up most 450 whp KA/SR cars, be turn key reliable (as in, no worries about turbo lines, oil, boost, controllers etc etc) and get equal, if not better MPG

EDIT (Didn't see this post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
A 450whp ka will be alot slower than a 450 whp ls1. It will also break down alot more, and have little quirky problems that all built engines have to deal with.

...All on 91 gas. We beat the shit out of that thing for a whole year of drifting events, san jose GP, formul D pro am, etc, etc, etc. All we did was change the oil.
I think most of the forum doesn't realize how little of concern (maintenance wise) a bolt on/cam/tune LSx has. As you said 'change the oil'. Grrr, like my above post...I wish I would have done more homework 3 years ago...

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 09-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #37
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Oh please, could you possibly be any more full of shit? Shut the fuck up.

Quote:
Now look at your investment in this swap your gonna spend roughly about 8-15G's with everything needed to complete this swap and have it stay reliable. I'm not downing it what so ever i'm all for it. Wish i had the extra funds to complete it myself.
8-15 grand? Keep it reliable? Are you fucking kidding?

He already has the motor and tranny, which he said he got for FREE. That alone is the biggest part of the expense. There's no way he can spend another 8 to 15 grand on the swap (unless he does a full rebuild with the most expensive parts available).

As for making it reliable? A stock LS1 is already plenty reliable, but for extra insurance, a ported oil pump, cam package (cams, springs, retainers), and a tune will cost less well under 2 grand.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.

Last edited by soreballz; 09-21-2008 at 03:54 PM..
Old 09-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #38
AWSneer
Leaky Injector

AWSneer will become famous soon enoughAWSneer will become famous soon enoughAWSneer will become famous soon enoughAWSneer will become famous soon enough
I voted LS1 because I'm new to the 240's and well I think that is cool as hell.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #39
sac
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
um.. do your research man, sure the LS1 weighs less than a KA, but the transmission is much heavier. So is the clutch and flywheel. And i am looking at MAYBE $2500 to get it up and running and be RELIABLE! $1750 for a kit, and $500 for a plug and play harness. $50 belt, $50 plugs, $350 clutch, and WAY more reliable than a tweaked out 4cyl. Start up first kick every time, and if i ever needed a starter, alternator, powersteering pump, etc.. AUTOZONE, NAPA, CHECKER all have them IN STOCK! hell wal-mart would probably have them. If i spent 8-15k on just the drivetrain i could EASILY see 800-1000WHP and 800-1000WTQ obtainable..
Quote:
Um.. put the peyote down, cause your in never-gonna-happen land. Sure sr motors are badass. But they dont even hold a candle to the LS1. Whats the most power that a sr can produce fully built and boosted? 1000hp? LS1.. um.. 2000 is VERY with in reach. Just cause you can drive like a jackass and indanger peoples lives and give 240's and imports a bad name doesnt mean you know everything. Shut the fuck up with your made up "knowledge"
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Oh please, could you possibly be any more full of shit? Shut the fuck up.

8-15 grand? Keep it reliable? Are you fucking kidding?

He already has the motor and tranny, which he said he got for FREE. That alone is the biggest part of the expense. There's no way he can spend another 8 to 15 grand on the swap (unless he does a full rebuild with the most expensive parts available).

As for making it reliable? A stock LS1 is already plenty reliable, but for extra insurance, a ported oil pump, cam package (cams, springs, retainers), and a tune will cost less well under 2 grand.
THANK YOU. but i will keep oil pump stock until it goes. Then go DrY sump system..

I am closing this thread and putting the LS in the s14.
Closed Thread