Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Pwned iphone = Ipwned?

So I was clubbing and stepped on my iphone... it's a 8gb 3g.

The Lcd woks still, only the glass is cracked.

Any suggestions how much I should sell it for?

I know I can fix it and sell it for a lot more, but I'm just wondering how much it's worth as is.

If not, any good/reliable sites that sell replacement glass screens?
Old 02-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
ByeByeSti
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
ByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant futureByeByeSti has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
damn idk what it is with iphone but everyone i know who has them breaks them almost as soon as they get them. my buddy dropped his in the hot tub the day after he got his. and numerous people with cracked screens. call up apple im sure they can replace it for ya
ByeByeSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
This is a second iphone I have.

My original iphone has yet to break/be damaged.

But I mean almost any pocket pc phone that is stepped on/dropped in a hot tub will break.

It's not just the iphone.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
This is a second iphone I have.

My original iphone has yet to break/be damaged.

But I mean almost any pocket pc phone that is stepped on/dropped in a hot tub will break.

It's not just the iphone.
When did you get this?!

Or is it Yoshie's? Haha.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
When did you get this?!

Or is it Yoshie's? Haha.
lol. Nah, Yoshie us using hers.

I've had this for a couple weeks.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
put some clear epoxy in that bitch.

does the touch screen still work? if so, keep it. it looks cooler than a normal iphone.
I wish I didn't have the 3g, b/c i would so totally try to dent up and rust the back of my phone if i had the original.

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #7
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Hah.

"Rusted hood petina iphone"? haha.

Never thought of that one.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #8
brunswick240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
brunswick240 is making a name for him/her selfbrunswick240 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brunswick240
I'll buy it... 100 bucks
brunswick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunswick240 View Post
I'll buy it... 100 bucks
He knows how to fix it. lol
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #10
TiNMAN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
TiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfectionTiNMAN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TiNMAN
Quote:
damn son!

were you trying to C-walk on it or what? lol

on a side note, a buddy of mine lost his iphone and a bunch of other stuff not too long ago at a club. talk about synchronicities! ...sorta

I AM LEGIT.
TiNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #11
mRclARK1
Post Whore!

mRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfectionmRclARK1 is close to perfection
IME the 2G phones are a lot tougher than the 3G phones. Mine has survived a couple good drops unscathed now... I know one dude who dropped his 3G on a nice soft carpet floor and it cracked.

The iPhone in general is kind of... slippery. They need to make little rubber grip pads on it or something. haha
Old 02-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #12
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mRclARK1 View Post
IME the 2G phones are a lot tougher than the 3G phones. Mine has survived a couple good drops unscathed now... I know one dude who dropped his 3G on a nice soft carpet floor and it cracked.

The iPhone in general is kind of... slippery. They need to make little rubber grip pads on it or something. haha
I agree with this. For 90% of my 2g's life I had it in a rubberized case.

After throwing the old case away and using the phone bare, it felt like I was holding soap in my hands.

I've dropped it a few times and haven't had any problem with it (cross fingers) yet.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #13
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So what were you doing when this happened?

The wave, the grind, the sprinkler, the Q-tip?

Hollering at beezies, being drunk, telling stories loudly?

Playing pocket pool, playing real pool?

Yelling at friends, yelling at random people, getting tossed by bouncers?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:53 PM   #14
norcal_black240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
norcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to norcal_black240 Send a message via MSN to norcal_black240
Quote:

The Lcd woks still, only the glass is cracked.

Any suggestions how much I should sell it for?

I know I can fix it and sell it for a lot more, but I'm just wondering how much it's worth as is.

If not, any good/reliable sites that sell replacement glass screens?
id like to know if there are any sites that sell glass replacements as well, i got a ipwned screen to
Old 03-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #15
ace72000

ace72000 is an unknown quantity at this point
iphone

i will want to get your 3g iphone how much do you want for it..??
ace72000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #16
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
almost all Iphones i see have cracked glass.

rad phone.
It has all kinds of apps to make noise when you move it!!!!, awsome!!

lol.
I found a site awhile back that sells Ipod stuff. Like new hard drives, batteries, jacks, screens.
And it tells you how to take it apart and fix it yourself, and even sells tools.
I took my uipod apart and put it back together.
The sites fairly cheap too.

MAC must hate that site!! lol
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #17
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
yo mel...check out this website for replacement parts

PDAparts: iPhone Service, iPhone Repair, Broken iPhone, iPhone Parts & iPhone LCD

they sell replacement screens (just the glass) and they also have videos of how to swap out the parts on youtube

ive found some of the parts on ebay for a bit cheaper, but u have to read the auctions carefully because their pics dont correspond with what they're selling, u may think ur buying a whole new screen (touchscreen/glass) but its really just the glass

hope this helps

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #18
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
He flipped it already.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #19
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
i'll flip you already

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #20
240love
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection240love is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
my cousins i phone broke when he crashed his car.

the air bags sent that shit flying haha, it literaly broke in 2 lol.
240love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #21
Pank
Post Whore!

Pank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfectionPank is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post
i'll flip you already
hell of a zing right here

also, GF's 3g is already getting cracks in the back, and she has a case.

i dont use a case and i'm fine. cases are for SUCKERS

zenki s14---v8 fc rx7
my crappy flickr page (drift cars whoo)
Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #22
!Zar!
Post Whore!

lol. Thanks for the link Duff. I'll keep that site in mind if/once my current one breaks.

Funny thing about cases though.

I bought an Incase rubber case and it ripped so I said fuck it and bought a Switcheasy hard case.

Had a few too many drinks and dropped it out of my shirt pocket.

First time dropping it with the new case and that shit broke into a million pieces.

So yeah, fuck Switcheasy.

I'm going to buy the Incase slider case next and see how that works.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #23
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I have this cheap-ass Incipio rubberized "case." Not so much a case as a sleeve. It's probably not good for much except improving grip (which it does quite well), but the phone has survived a couple of minor drops with it. 3G, I've had it ~5 months.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #24
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
yeah i had that incase thing for my iphone

shit ended up ripping also didn't like the fact that it gripped too much

it was hard to take out my pockets
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #25
!Zar!
Post Whore!

That's the reason I liked it.

Mitigated the chances of it falling out.

Also help against theft a little.