Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #61
NJs13_1993
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
NJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of lightNJs13_1993 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Subscribed for the mounted pics
NJs13_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #62
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
The aero bumper prototype has been dropped off at the body shop. The donor S13 who was the original test fitment car is coming in at 8am for the prototype to be fitted! My stomach is in knots! Ill have pics and a report in the morning!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:01 PM   #63
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
The aero bumper prototype has been dropped off at the body shop. The donor S13 who was the original test fitment car is coming in at 8am for the prototype to be fitted! My stomach is in knots! Ill have pics and a report in the morning!

ah the moment we've been waiting for.. !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #64
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Make some s14 kouki sideskirts and usdm kouki front lip.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #65
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
Make some s14 kouki sideskirts and usdm kouki front lip.
can i get thru this project first before you guys start telling me to make more stuff!?

kinda need this bumper to work first so it can fund OTHER projects... like S14 parts next year!

Old 06-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #66
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
You got to diversify my brother, but if I had a s13 coupes I would totally buy this I was willing to spend 1100 for one of these 5 years ago but could never find a clean one.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #67
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
can i get thru this project first before you guys start telling me to make more stuff!?
Can you feel the excite?! You're the most popular person on Zilvia right now... lol
Old 06-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #68
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

test fit the bumper this morning. took a little coaxing on the drivers side fender, but i will be addressing that this week with the polyurethane shop to make sure its rectified before the production bumpers go out (its nothing thats hard to fix by hand either, took me 10 minutes with a sanding wheel to sort out).

anywho, heres pics as promised! bumper was scuffed and shot into primer for photography purposes before test fitting as solid black doesnt photograph well. Signal_s13's car was used again for fitment purposes, he posts on Zilvia and can verify the fitment of the bumper as he was there the entire time helping out. i was personally involved in the fitting and set the bumper as seen in the photos!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 06-06-2014 at 12:57 PM..
Old 06-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #69
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Using OEM brackets to mount to fenders correct?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #70
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
Using OEM brackets to mount to fenders correct?
wasnt using OEM brackets, just nuts and bolts. ive never seen the bracket meant for the aero bumper... and the bumper in the pics is only being held on by the 2 fender bolts and one bolt on each side in the front upper fender area.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #71
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

man, i thought this thread would be aflutter with tons of new posts now that the mounted pictures are up...

Old 06-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #72
corby_baby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
corby_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
man, i thought this thread would be aflutter with tons of new posts now that the mounted pictures are up...
Post the thread saying they are for sale....im sure you will get a lot more responses

That being said, pictures look great, fitment seems on point. Hope i can jump on the first shipment.
corby_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #73
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Fitment looks good. I'll be all over one soon.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #74
Ruff Ryder 6
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Ruff Ryder 6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Presenting the DorkiDori S13 Aero Bumper WITH VENTS!!! Available 2nd week of ...

Looks awesome. I'm still wanting one. Going for a cleaner look for my street/track car.
Might have to get the whole aero package that you've reproduced.
Ruff Ryder 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #75
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i stopped by the body shop at lunch again to pick up my bumper and take it home (i live 5 minutes from the body shop and about 10 minutes from where i work). while i was there i spoke with the owner and the shop manager which were the 2 guys that fit and jigged the original bumper to the silver coupe in the pics and they both said that when the OEM bumper was fit, they had problems with the drivers side as well... sooooooo it may not be the bumper that is having issues but rather the guys car. the owner of the S13 had mentioned his car had been in an accident so that may be the entire issue right there.

im currently trying to track another guy down here in town who owns a damn near perfect S13 coupe with a silvia face. if i can get a hold of him, im going to test fit the bumper to his car just to make sure of my findings. ive already talked to the polyurethane shop about making that particular spot a bit thinner (as i shaved it down with a sanding wheel like i said) in the production versions.

however, i will say one thing about this bumper... unless you know what youre doing and how to work with polyurethane, i highly recommend having a shop fit the bumper to your cars! our 240s are now 21+ years old, NONE of them are straight anymore and always require modification to fit even OEM parts. polyurethane is capable of being shaped and molded very easily with heat, HOWEVER, this is NOT for the faint of heart or inexperienced to attempt as you can really mess things up. even my cleanest 240 hatch (which was #3) that was a single owner car, i had issues with properly fitting the OEM rear valances to it. i had to oblong the holes in the fender area to allow for movement so the valances sat along the body lines perfectly.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #76
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
signals13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I hope you get the other guy to help soon I want my bumper lol:-)
signals13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #77
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
So true that our cars require some play when mounting even stock pieces nowadays.

Took me a couple hours (beer breaks included) to be satisfied with my replacement fenders and bumpers for the convertible. Because over time the tabs get bent out of place, brackets don't sit as tightly as they used to, and "love taps" that you shrugged off over the years definitely cause minor headaches when fitting pieces.

Really glad this bumper is finally out. Honestly an amazing job. Can't wait till you have the vents up for sale as those would be the first pieces I want to get my hands on to so that I can recreate the OE Aero fog lamps.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 06-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #78
LeeRod

LeeRod is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Great job with this project! I've never been into posting on forums but I made an account just for this. Don't let the lack of posts dicourage your work. I'm sure the 240 community has been waiting for something like this for a looooong time. I'm in line as soon as these are ready for shipping.
LeeRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #79
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
fitment looks good .. there's no way any of us here should be to picky on the particulars .. are cars are old and flex out of shaped due to normal wear and tear .. can't wait until you get this on point an move on to production pieces I'll take one just for the sake of keeping my oem one as a man cave decoration piece lol

S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #80
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
there's no way any of us here should be to picky on the particulars... lol
oh youd be amazed at what crawls out of the wood work sometimes...

Old 06-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #81
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you serious with this shit? Dorkidori, you're awesome! I can't wait, I needs me this bumper, great work dude!

Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #82
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Im heading over to meet another guy today that owns a super clean S13 hatch with a Silvia face. The car has been cleaned up and painted so heres hoping I can confirm its simply the first donor car that had the snug fitment issue.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #83
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

So the fitment issue was mainly the 1st donor car. Its still a little snug, but nothing that cant be fixed easily with some sand paper and patience. The bumper fit a bit differently on the 2nd donor car, so its literally the CARS themselves, and NOT the bumper... though I will have that small spot thinned out a bit in the mold just to even it up.

I am working on putting the pages up tonight for the bumper and vents to start pre-orders so stay tuned!

Old 06-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #84
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

Alright that's awesome hit me up I'm ready to get mine :-)
Old 06-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #85
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by signals13 View Post
Alright that's awesome hit me up I'm ready to get mine :-)
ill give you a call this week. im making the box for the bumper tonight so ill be able to confirm shipping and get the actual production boxes made this week at some point.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #86
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

koo thanks.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #87
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

the bumpers and vents are now up for sale.

please visit www.dorkidori.com > AERO to pick yours up. BUMPERS ARE LIMITED TO 25 SPOTS A MONTH! ORDER YOURS ASAP! Vents have no quantity cap!

Old 06-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #88
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Any pictures of the fitment on the other test car? Just wondering since the first car had such a large gap in between the top of the bumper and the headlights. Also assuming these were mounted on the test cars without supports?
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #89
DreamN
Post Whore!

Pretty certain the headlight gap has more to do with the headlights and grill being misaligned than the bumper. Passenger light looks crooked. Also, looks as it's tilted upward slightly.

Fit looks like it will be spot on if you have the patience to properly align everything. Just helps that your front end isn't bent to shit to begin with.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #90
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Any pictures of the fitment on the other test car? Just wondering since the first car had such a large gap in between the top of the bumper and the headlights. Also assuming these were mounted on the test cars without supports?

i didnt take any pics from the second car. i really just wanted to see if there was a difference mounting the bumper between 2 cars and there was. i had a bit more slack on the 2nd car, but his fenders had buckled at one point so it didnt sit as well as the silver car. i highly recommend a bash bar from StreetFaction with my aero bumper (both the OEM and my unit are just heavy on the fenders). so any spacing you see is bumper sag.

heres a comparison on fitment though...

OEM Aero Bumper:

DorkiDori Aero Bumper:

OEM Aero Bumper:

DorkiDori Aero Bumper:

the only difference between the two pics really in hardware was the OEM pics were using my StreetFaction bash bar that is currently on my car and the body shop used 2 nuts and bolts in the upper fender area. we mounted it up to the silver car as i needed to make sure fitment of the bash bar as spot on as i want to do business with StreetFaction. their bar fits the aero bumper and supports it perfectly!

my aero bumper will take patience to fit! but our cars are 21+ years old now at their YOUNGEST. none of them are straight, none of them fit anything perfectly now, 98% of them have had hard lives and have been beat up badly thru their lifetimes. if you have the patience to properly fit the bumper to the car, it will work just like the OEM one! if you have no experience with polyurethane, i highly recommend you take it to a shop! unless you know what youre doing, youre going to warp the hell out of the bumper!