Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
DorkiDori OEM S13 Aero Bumpers! AVAILABLE SOON!

So, Ive been keeping this one secret for a while, but I thought I would announce it now to gauge feedback before producing the final mold. As of January 2014, I will be working on offering BRAND NEW DorkiDori S13 Aero Bumpers in my lineup!

They are being cast from my perfect condition OEM S13 Aero Bumper sitting in my storage room at home. The bumper has been cleaned up, test fitted and primed for molding! The bumper is complete and uncut!!! Meaning its exactly like it comes from the factory!!!

Pricing will be $650 shipped in polyurethane

PS: Separate vents will be included in each order made in polyurethane. Vents will also be available for individual order for those that need them

EDIT 06-09-14: the bumpers and vents are now up for sale.

please visit www.dorkidori.com > AERO to pick yours up. BUMPERS ARE LIMITED TO 25 SPOTS A MONTH! ORDER YOURS ASAP! Vents have no quantity cap!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 06-09-2014 at 05:28 PM..
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If it's going to come with grills, and all the brackets, I'm definitely down to pre order

My vote would be urethane
Old 12-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Fiberglass would work too.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
you would need to reuse your OEM brackets where it bolts to the fronts of the fenders, on the rear of the fenders you would use bolts. all holes will need to be drilled, but will have dimples for where you drill (so you cant mess it up lol).

Old 12-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
DJ-of-E
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
DJ-of-E is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
pics would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocn View Post
its not "DRIFT" tax its a "IDIOT" tax Period!
DJ-of-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-of-E View Post
pics would help.
the bumper is going to be a rep of the S13 Silvia Aero Bumper. i cant post pics of a product i havent produced yet. if you want pics of what an OEM S13 Aero Bumper looks like, take 10 seconds and search google...

Old 12-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
Srsil
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Srsil is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'll buy a pair of grills will you be offering a lip for the bumper at some point
Srsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #8
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

no idea on the lip. im making new hatchback and coupe valances first. im getting the molds cast for the prototypes that i can cut up and clay on at the beginning of january. they should be ready for purchase by mid february. the new valances will work really well with the V2 sideskirts as they will be a much more aggressive setup that the OEM units!

Old 12-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
no idea on the lip. im making new hatchback and coupe valances first. im getting the molds cast for the prototypes that i can cut up and clay on at the beginning of january. they should be ready for purchase by mid february. the new valances will work really well with the V2 sideskirts as they will be a much more aggressive setup that the OEM units!
i think for pricing concerns, fiberglass would be better for sure.

hopefully it will be thick enough on the bottom to support a few knicks and bumps
Old 12-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i think you should have waited for this give these news/to gauge interest until u at least had a prototype.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #11
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
i think you should have waited for this give these news/to gauge interest until u at least had a prototype.
gauging interest is a much wiser idea in business than to dump money on a project and not get any return on your investment. i like to ask my customers what they think of an idea and if theyre interested in the project. some people know my brand very well and know that what i make is worth spending your money on (especially since i test everything i make before any of you are able to buy it). others have never heard of what i do and leave commentary such as yours.

dropping thousands on molds to make a prototype that has no customer feedback/opinion before doing so is basically throwing money away. i want to make sure there is interest in the invest i choose to make!

Old 12-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #12
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
i think for pricing concerns, fiberglass would be better for sure.

hopefully it will be thick enough on the bottom to support a few knicks and bumps
ill be running the prototype on my car before you guys get em just to make sure they hold up well to driving (should i choose the fiberglass route). the shop that produces my aero for me has been building fiberglass replica parts for volkswagons, mustangs and camaros for the last 25 years. theyre constantly churning out product and selling their parts nation wide. the company has over 7,000 likes on facebook and has a rating of 4.5 stars out of 417 reviews. i work with companies that produce products I expect the highest standards out of (and im PICKY!)

heh, i was over at the shop today for 2 hours (took a 2 hour lunch break to do this) working with the owner figuring out exactly why my V2 skirts dont fit like they should. come to find out there were a few finishing details that they do that dont mesh with what im looking for. NOTHING BAD, just not applicable to the fitment i need. we discussed what needed to be changed. i have new prototype skirts being made with the updated process that im guessing are going to fit a lot better. if this doesnt work, we already have a solution figured out, i just dont want to mess with the molds at all given how much they cost me lol

point is, there is A LOT that i do for dorkidori that most of you dont know about. im as anal as they come when it boils down to what i offer for sale. i test the parts, i learn the processes, i get involved directly with my manufacturers to make sure the money you spend with me is with a tried and tested product that I MYSELF am happy with. i dont just take what im given and say "OK! ITS DONE". nothing could be further from the truth. if im not happy with it (like the V2 skirt fitment), then it doesnt get released! when i feel the product is what i would personally spend my money on, i release it for sale!

Old 12-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #13
Turbozx
Leaky Injector

Turbozx is an unknown quantity at this point
Urethane gets my vote and a pre-order as well if it happens in urethane. I could hang my never used OEM bumper on my garage wall.

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/135705-rare...ml#post5126360
Old 12-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #14
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
Great. Now this will get played out too.

You know the whole point of modding a car is making it your own by collecting cool and rare parts. There's nothing better than having something truly unique. For me searching and searching for that one rare part is worth the price. Now since these are getting made it kills the whole aspect of the scene.

If you can't afford or wait for the real bumper to come up for sale and would rather get a rep then you need to get out of modding cars.

Kouki s13 are a perfect example. Owell no one cares what I have to say and these will still get produced. Smh smfh

Last edited by joshchewuhh; 12-19-2013 at 10:03 PM..
joshchewuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #15
JdM_JunKiE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (32)
JdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
^ what he said.....
Old 12-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #16
Jfitzg38
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Jfitzg38 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Are you referring to the Silvia k's bumper?
Jfitzg38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #17
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshchewuhh View Post
Great. Now this will get played out too.

You know the whole point of modding a car is making it your own by collecting cool and rare parts. There's nothing better than having something truly unique. For me searching and searching for that one rare part is worth the price. Now since these are getting made it kills the whole aspect of the scene.

If you can't afford or wait for the real bumper to come up for sale and would rather get a rep then you need to get out of modding cars. Poser wannabes are the entire 240 scene now and it's a damn shame.

Kouki s13 are a perfect example. Owell no one cares what I have to say and these will still get produced. Smh smfh

youre entitled to your opinion, though it sounds very narrow minded. i find your statements rather insulting as well as your shallow generalization.

SOME of us are repping hard to find parts for the RIGHT reasons. it gives people the chance to own something for their car that is damn near extinct in its original OEM form. it would be one thing if nissan really didnt make many of these bumpers (they made plenty of them), its entirely different when those parts are involved in a motorsport where people DESTORY their cars on a normal basis!!!

so, instead of hating on what i am doing, perhaps you should look at it from the perspective of that some s-chassis based brands are trying to preserve these parts and keep them available for people who would really like them. im not trying to produce a "cheap knock off", im trying to give people the opportunity to own something thats getting harder and harder to come by because people are DESTROYING THEM!!! also, im giving them the chance to purchase a part that is quality, american made and isnt going to rape them royally via "Drift Tax".

Old 12-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #18
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfitzg38 View Post
Are you referring to the Silvia k's bumper?
NO!!! Im referring to the OEM S13 Silvia Aero Bumper!!!

SILVIA Q'S BUMPER (no SMIC vent)

SILVIA K'S BUMPER (SMIC vent):

SILVIA AERO BUMPER (with OEM Canadian Skirts):

Old 12-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #19
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
Repping something that is damned "near extinct" defeats the whole purpose of the rarity of the item. Thats what makes it most desirable.

Finding a OEM aero bumper in good condition is quit rare I agree with you. Hell I waited forever to find mine and it wasn't cheap, but the whole point is to come across a rare part that you've always wanted and put it on your car making it unique. For me collecting real, cool, and rare Japanese parts is the best part. However when you take the rarity of something and produce reps it kills it. You want people to own a part of nissan history by repping a super rare oem bumper? It doesn't make sense to me. Like I said these are still going to be produced and my opinion simply doesn't matter.

I know there are true enthusiast around these forums still and I just wish everyone could have the same logic.
joshchewuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #20
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Put whatever makes you happy. You and everyone has an opinion on how their car should be built, doesn't mean your opinion is right
Old 12-19-2013, 01:54 AM   #21
genericforumname
Zilvia Member

Location: Florida, where we prove that shit does in fact run down hill
genericforumname is making a name for him/her selfgenericforumname is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshchewuhh View Post
Repping something that is damned "near extinct" defeats the whole purpose of the rarity of the item. Thats what makes it most desirable.

Finding a OEM aero bumper in good condition is quit rare I agree with you. Hell I waited forever to find mine and it wasn't cheap, but the whole point is to come across a rare part that you've always wanted and put it on your car making it unique. For me collecting real, cool, and rare Japanese parts is the best part. However when you take the rarity of something and produce reps it kills it. You want people to own a part of nissan history by repping a super rare oem bumper? It doesn't make sense to me. Like I said these are still going to be produced and my opinion simply doesn't matter.

I know there are true enthusiast around these forums still and I just wish everyone could have the same logic.
what makes a part desirable is not it's rarity, it's that people like it, if you buy parts just because they are rare then what the fuck are you building your car to be? a museum piece that can't be driven because everything is too rare to destroy? I bet a few people who own the real ones will still buy one of these to use just in case so they don't have to worry about destroying a rare piece. I bought my Navan bumper about a week before forcewerkz started selling theirs and you know what? I don't care. I don't care about repro Aero because it's strictly an appearance item, if this were a part that needed serious R&D, like Greddy's intake manifold or knockoff wheels copying others designs then yes I would rag on people who buy the knockoffs but getting mad over affordable aero is pointless. I could have saved money had I known is was going to happen but it's not like I don't know I still have the real thing.

Last thing, Don't you ever insinuate that somehow you can't be a "True Enthusiast" if you don't want to risk destroying a very rare sometimes $2000 bumper when an affordable well made alternative exists. I know full well how hard it can be to find parts that have been out of production for years, I have several waiting to go into one or both my cars, it doesn't make me a better person or make me more of an Enthusiast because I have a Defi VSD-X and other people don't. If you were a real enthusiast you would be happy that someone is making quality parts that you can use if something bad happens to yours.

Anyway, Dori, if my plans to pick up a coworker old hatch hadn't fallen through I would happily send you a deposit. Unfortunately she refuses to sell that thing to anyone for some reason. You make quality stuff and most other people know that. However on the off hand I CAN find an older S13 soon what is going to the process for buying one of these in the future? is it like the skirts that will be made in batches or if you only get an order for 1 in a month will it still be good to go?

Also my vote is the same I told Forcewerkz on their repro's, Urethane or nothing. Maybe there is enough interest for both (which I doubt) for anyone driving around daily I still think fiberglass is too fragile. I have an older Zenki Bomex front bumper that can attest to that, it's ripped along both mounting sides and cracked in about 6 places.

I know I may be crazy but any plans for a K's bumper? sometimes with the right skirts I think they can look even better with the right color and car.
genericforumname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #22
naw_speed
Leaky Injector

naw_speed is an unknown quantity at this point
Fiberglass
Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
signals13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Bump for fellow Vegas dude super legit and by the way I'm down for a polyurethane bumper.
signals13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #24
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

this thread is going WAY off topic.

I'm very excited to see this bumper is going to be kept alive, and not go extinct. nothing bothers me more than seeing an aero bumper with N1 vents hacked into the front of it, or the license plate bracket totally chopped out and the bumper cut to hell.

keep it up Dorki.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #25
xDRFTurR1D3x
Zilvia Member

xDRFTurR1D3x is an unknown quantity at this point
I think what your doing is great! Nothing is more frustrating than enthusiastA walking around with a big head,elitist attitude, and an I'm better than you stare on his face when he looks at your car, because mommy and daddy buy him everything he wants and built his car in a month rather than spending the time to enjoy the build. This gives the average Joe with Real bills salary wages etc to avoid being screwed by the drift tax and able to make his car all that he's dreamt it to be. I understand and agree with the rarity point as well, but every day parts and chassis are getting harder and harder to come buy and gaining ridiculous prices because Mr. I wanna be a slide racer has hit every curb tree and mailbox on his block while mom and dad keep buying up parts. The same can be said for the guys who always have fully built cars. There's no problem with this, I was on cloud nine when I completed the first RB25 swap in a Kouki in my area. But these guys walk and talk like their better than him and her cause their car is where it is because they don't have any bills or responsibilities. I say keep this up. this allows those of us with every day jobs bills and expenses a chance to build their dream and still have the ability to keep the bills paid. We owe u a BIG THANK YOU! There's nothing wrong with providing replacement parts to a community whose stock is continually diminished on a day to day basis
Old 12-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #26
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
All these experts on molding, why comment? Just make your own /endrant

On topic...
The fiberglass has my vote, and i will buy one for sure!
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #27
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I think you have to go with the fiberglass because you know most 240 owners will say they want it but when it comes down to pay nothing ever happens. In other words would love the urethane but don't want to be waiting for 29 more people to pay for it also because $5-700 is a lot to just have it out there on a maybe it happens
Old 12-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #28
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

well i got the shipping portion locked down today! i just need to get boxes secured and make the decision on what material i wanna use. im really leaning toward fiberglass due to costs and that i can take order whenever i want. plus i can EASILY QC everything and tweak the molds if need be.

the vents are going to be produced in polyurethane though. i need to get a relationship going with this company here in town since i plan on having them produce quite a few smaller pieces for me that i know you guys are gonna love!

Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #29
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Fiber. Throwing this out there, how hard would it be make this in a popup version? I love the design of the aeros and rocket bunny and instant gentleman, where they taper down under the support.

Thanks. Looking good!
Old 12-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #30
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

there is a popup version, its called the OEM chuki bumper