Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #3751
240sx123$
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
240sx123$ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I haven't used an afpr from either company, but I have used both companies other products extensively. I have had consistently good luck with CS products and consistently bad luck with Megan. I've given Megan more than their fair share of opportunities and their products are always a let down. Sorry I don't have any specific advice, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy the CS unit. Try searching for reviews of that specifc fpr on zilvia
240sx123$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #3752
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnightsDriftTeam View Post
Any one know where i can get a LHD s15 dashboard? i wanna get one to put into my s14. thanks!
Does not exist. S15s never made it outside of RHD world.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #3753
BKangS14

Trader Rating: (0)
BKangS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a s14 zenki and im going to paint the front bumper black (original color is maroon and can't find paint to match and its the stock bumper) so im painting it because theres some wear and tear on the bumper and my question is what can i use to fill it in and make it smooth? I already sanded it too
BKangS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #3754
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
im about to move my driver side harness into the engine bay, anyone know how many plugs i have to unplug? No wire extending needed, right?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #3755
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
What fastener holds the handles on for the windows? I took this appart two years ago and they are long gone.

C-clips, Lynch Pins? Does it go thru the small holes or around the plastic part?
On my sisters VW bug it was a plastic retainer clip with splines. Just put some epoxy on it if you want, works the same
here: 803 Front Door Window & Regulator :: Body Side & Rear :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: 240SX Parts (S13) 1989-1994 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
been doing it for a few years now...

wheel bearings go bad faster....
so you would(nt) recommend it?
Old 12-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #3756
sw20g
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
sw20g is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
alright I searched for this and couldn't find anything, is there anything like this http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/2930...ing-guide.html only for a ka, this is exactly what I need but for a ka, specifically an s14 ka into an s13, anyone know of a thread or a site somewhere that has something like that?
sw20g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:01 PM   #3757
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
How do I remove the dimmer switch in an S13? Do i have to take out the whole cluster trim?
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #3758
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post
any input?
SPL ones
ARP are the same thing from what i recall
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/356997...eel-studs.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by leung View Post
How do I remove the dimmer switch in an S13? Do i have to take out the whole cluster trim?
yes
Old 12-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #3759
240sx123$
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post

so you would(nt) recommend it?
I'd be fine with it. I ran 25mm spacers on my kouki (daily driven) for over a year. Over some very rough roads. As long as theyre bolt on spacers and arent huge (like 3"+), theyll be fine.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #3760
240sx123$
BANNED

Alright I got a couple pertaining to my SR swap (redtop into S14)

How do I go about pulling my old KA harness through the firewall? The ABS module seems to be in the way, and as far as I can tell I removed the 4 bolts holding it to the body, but the hard lines prevent it from moving out of the way much. I will still be running ABS after the swap.

How much wiring is involved to wire up ABS myself? I was planning to use a wiring specialties plug and play harness already wired for ABS, but theyre back ordered until January 20th. I can find plenty of people selling S13SR to S14 harnesses, but none wired for ABS. Would it be feasible for me to get one of those, and wire abs myself? Im not a wiring expert by any stretch of the truth.

Q45 brakes use an ABS sensor on the caliper. 240's have theirs in the hub. When doing q45 front brakes, can i just disregard that sensor?

Where's the best place to buy rotors? Pepboys has q45 blanks for like $40 a peice, ebay has slotted or drilled rotors for $35 each and up. Is a rotor a rotor, or should I invest in a company I've heard of? Im inclined to say that quality pads are more important and that a rotor is a rotor, but I wanted to check before I make a purchase. If you were in the market for new rotors, where would you buy them?
Old 12-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #3761
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
It clips in from the backside of the bezel. You might be able to remove it with the bezel still installed, but I don't know, I have only done it when the bezel was out of the car.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #3762
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
I am trying to get my MAF sensor wired into my Series 2 rb25 and am having troubles. Anyone know where to wire in an E60 maf? thanks.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #3763
EyeMurderCarThieves
Leaky Injector

EyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymore
My friend has been on Zilvia for a week but can't post his car for sale?
What's up?
Thanks.>>
EyeMurderCarThieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #3764
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20g View Post
alright I searched for this and couldn't find anything, is there anything like this http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/2930...ing-guide.html only for a ka, this is exactly what I need but for a ka, specifically an s14 ka into an s13, anyone know of a thread or a site somewhere that has something like that?
PM me and I can tell you most of what you need for the swap. Its not much harder than a s13 KA if you have the right parts.

Quote:
Remove the knee panel under your steering wheel. reach your hand up behind the dimmer switch and push it out the front. Unclip the harness and your on you way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeMurderCarThieves View Post
My friend has been on Zilvia for a week but can't post his car for sale?
What's up?
Thanks.>>
must wait 30 days.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #3765
EyeMurderCarThieves
Leaky Injector

EyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymoreEyeMurderCarThieves is not welcome here anymore
CA

What can I say. You could handle a whole cheer-leading team.
Thanks, I'll let him know
EyeMurderCarThieves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #3766
foxystyle
Zilvia Member

foxystyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay, sorry to my fellow zilvianians if this question is a little on the lower iq level but I've been doing research and still can not find a solid answer to which make a foundation on.
Which is louder, and hugs the frame better between these two? Isis 3in straightpipe or Isis 4in tips to 3 in straight pipe? Application for s13. Currently have a ka but my SR will be going in pretty soon again. The 4in tips came out a little after the 3in tips. So I was wondering if Maybe Isis did a better job about the ground clearence for the 4in. Tips. Thanks guys
foxystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #3767
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxystyle View Post
Okay, sorry to my fellow zilvianians if this question is a little on the lower iq level but I've been doing research and still can not find a solid answer to which make a foundation on.
Which is louder, and hugs the frame better between these two? Isis 3in straightpipe or Isis 4in tips to 3 in straight pipe? Application for s13. Currently have a ka but my SR will be going in pretty soon again. The 4in tips came out a little after the 3in tips. So I was wondering if Maybe Isis did a better job about the ground clearence for the 4in. Tips. Thanks guys
have a custom one made to fix the fitment. i've hacked up my fare share of exhausts.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #3768
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
is there a kit to adapt dual rear calipers to employ a hydraulic ebrake?
NiSilS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #3769
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
So today i did my sr bell housing onto ka tranny, and its all on there ready to go, but for some reason when i go to shift it into gears, it gets hung up or stuck, i cant find a neutral or anything like that. The tail and bell housing are bolted together, and shifter is on tail. But the front plate inside the bell housing isn't bolted down or have snap rings on, does that matter? Could that be why i cant shift into gears? Any help please.
Dustxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #3770
c72c
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
c72c is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Does not exist. S15s never made it outside of RHD world.
False...ish. There are 2 or 3 LHD S15 dash boards floating around, granted they were modified to be lhd, they still do exist
Old 12-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #3771
sr23det
Zilvia Member

sr23det is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a greddy e01 boost controller and i do not know how to set it up. basically i want to bump up my boost to 12-13 psi.
sr23det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #3772
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
I just tried starting my rb25 and every time I turn the key to start all that happens is the ACC relay clicks each time I turn the key and 2 other blue relay's in my fender click. Does anyone know what this could be? thanks.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #3773
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Ok, so I decided to turbo my ka. I will try my luck at my junkyards to see if i can pick up a turbo there. Anyone know which car i should look for in particular that would make a great turbo setup? And yes I do plan on rebuilding it. Also anyone know what kind of turbo is in an 86 rx7? I can get an 86 turbo for free.

Last edited by Jonathong; 12-23-2010 at 01:22 AM..
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #3774
240sx123$
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
Ok, so I decided to turbo my ka. I will try my luck at my junkyards to see if i can pick up a turbo there. Anyone know which car i should look for in particular that would make a great turbo setup? And yes I do plan on rebuilding it. Also anyone know what kind of turbo is in an 86 rx7? I can get an 86 turbo for free.
Generally speaking, most stock turbos youre gonna find are gonna be pretty small for a KA. Your best "bang for buck" is prolly gonna be an s14 T28 or bigger. Its gonna be somewhat near a decent size for your motor, will basically bolt on, and already comes internally gated. For a junkyard turbo build, SR parts are probably your best bet.

Can anyone take a stab at my questions?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:53 AM   #3775
240sx123$
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiSilS14 View Post
is there a kit to adapt dual rear calipers to employ a hydraulic ebrake?
KSport USA - Performance Suspension | Coilovers/Big Brake Kits/Air Suspension/Alignment Parts for Honda, Nissan, Acura, Infiniti, Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Lexus and other Performance Cars
Old 12-23-2010, 07:48 AM   #3776
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okinawandrifter87 View Post
If you boost at 20psi normally in an SR per say and your IACV gets clogged up and after a little bit you notice a huge drop in boost to maybe like 3-5, can just your IACV clogged alone cause this or do you have a boost leak as well? This happened to me a couple days from deployment and I wasn't really able to check so thats why I have such a dumb question lol. I'm trying to just narrow down if it's IACV is clogged really bad, I have a boost leak, or if my BOV is too loose and I need to tighten it up. I've looked it up and googled it but I just wanted personal insight from other members. Thanks.
Any input?
Old 12-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #3777
Mista Lee
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
Mista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mista Lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Lee View Post
Trying to get my kade to tdc.
have the motor on a stand and of course have the plugs out but my problem is that the crank doesn't want to turn, even with a breaker bar..
am i doing something wrong?
anybody?
Old 12-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #3778
240sx123$
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Lee View Post
anybody?
Uhh.. If your motor wont turn over.. and its not in gear.. are your sure its not seized?
Old 12-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #3779
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
that doesn't answer my question. I'm asking about dual rear calipers so that I can use a hydraulic ebrake. And no i don't want to tee it into the factory brake lines.
NiSilS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #3780
240sx123$
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiSilS14 View Post
that doesn't answer my question. I'm asking about dual rear calipers so that I can use a hydraulic ebrake. And no i don't want to tee it into the factory brake lines.
Why dont you want to tee into the factory lines? I dont have any advice to offer then, ive never seen someone run two calipers on one rotor except in the sport bike world.