Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #211
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
car will end up looking good in person, esp rolling down the road.

x5 M for the wife, M2 and an i8s in the garage.

///M fantasy

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/27/bmw-i8-i8s-details/
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #212
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
car will end up looking good in person, esp rolling down the road.

x5 M for the wife, M2 and an i8s in the garage.

///M fantasy

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/27/bmw-i8-i8s-details/
Ditto. But I'd drop the i8 in favor of the M6 Gran coupe. Geezus. Talk about road presence. Let's keep our fingers crossed & hope for an M2 CSL.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #213
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i sometimes see people specify their E36 M3 as a "3/4/5" car; what does the "3/4/5" mean?
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #214
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240KA View Post
i sometimes see people specify their E36 M3 as a "3/4/5" car; what does the "3/4/5" mean?
its referencing what car/how many doors/transmission gears
Old 11-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #215
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Oh... So BMW actually is taking the 2 series further than the M235i and are dropping a legit M2? With a rumored 400hp & sub 3300lbs... How nice of them.
Have you guys seen the ridiculous prices the 2 series is being sold at though?
up to $60k for the m235i..
I was super exited for the M2.. but if the 235i is being sold at that price then the M2 is gonna be more?
The M4 starts in the $60's wtf is BMW thinking...
Old 11-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #216
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^That's outrageous. I thought the M235i was like $44k. Even at $44k, I think it's nice but overpriced.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #217
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
Have you guys seen the ridiculous prices the 2 series is being sold at though?
up to $60k for the m235i..
I was super exited for the M2.. but if the 235i is being sold at that price then the M2 is gonna be more?
The M4 starts in the $60's wtf is BMW thinking...
a base m235i is 43k msrp

M4 msrp is 64k

you can do euro delivery, get another 5-7% off, use that money for the vacation trip to Germany to get your car.

not really sure what your point is? These are luxury segment cars.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #218
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
60k 400whp car?

Pluh.

My car puts out 325whp and 326 wtq and is about 2800 lbs for less than half that.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #219
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

lawls comparing a 240sx to a M4, youve won the internet man
Old 11-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #220
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
lawls comparing a 240sx to a M4, youve won the internet man
Thanks, can't wait till my shitbox cressida is doing the same power for even less.

Going to be to fun to spank all these new overpriced german cars with a 90's shitbox for pennies.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #221
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
Thanks, can't wait till my shitbox cressida is doing the same power for even less.

Going to be to fun to spank all these new overpriced german cars with a 90's shitbox for pennies.
I used to think like this. And then I realized nobody cares how fast your shitbox is. Its still a shitbox.

Revel in your 90's econobox. Right up until the moment one of these moden I6 twin turbos pulls up with bolt ons & a tune.

I love 90's JDM sports cars as much as the next guy, but its healthy to have some perspective. Our cars are like school on a Saturday, bro.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:27 AM   #222
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
ionno man, ive been window shopping for my e91. looks like for tuning stuff. shit boxes win all the way.

speaking of shitbox. bmw interior are pretty shitty itself. but, then...I guess I cant really compare a 3series to my E class.

while i was looking for straight cut gears for a t56.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8_usOvpbz8
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:40 AM   #223
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

lolololololololol

you are going to have issues with 'overpriced' 80s and 90s bmws as well

Quote:
I used to think like this. And then I realized nobody cares how fast your shitbox is. Its still a shitbox.

Revel in your 90's econobox. Right up until the moment one of these moden I6 twin turbos pulls up with bolt ons & a tune.

I love 90's JDM sports cars as much as the next guy, but its healthy to have some perspective. Our cars are like school on a Saturday, bro.
yes

this is a fun vid; some of the peeps have the driver mod going for them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0rSueaiEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
ionno man, ive been window shopping for my e91. looks like for tuning stuff. shit boxes win all the way.
u no like stock dme pnp tuning? why? Its novel that the stock dme can handle all different kinds of tunes, simplifies upgrading in a way.

Quote:
speaking of shitbox. bmw interior are pretty shitty itself. but, then...I guess I cant really compare a 3series to my E class.
pretty broad statement ur making there, maybe specify a lil more. It depends on what youre going after, luxury sport you go bmw, cushy dd idc mode you go mb.

my grandmas '14 E class really suits her perfectly.

Quote:
while i was looking for straight cut gears for a t56.
youtube link
repost, last page.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:03 AM   #224
simmode1
Post Whore!

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-...shot-revealed/

Hmm... A little less power than expected. Should be an easy fix to bring it to M4 power levels.

But on the subject of price:
- base 228i is $33k
- base m235i is $44k

I could see the M2 starting at $55k and becoming a potential collectible.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #225
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
the e91 has only 32k on it. but, the interior trimming is pealing off like its painted. there's plenty of pics on google. but, this is the most common.

I was going to buy a whole new used door panel on ebay. I realized it will just peel off too.

my old e300 never had that or my current e500 40k mi. I don't see it on mb C class also.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #226
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i wanna agree with borosun a little bit.. when shopping around for my e90 alot of them had peel like that ^ some in different places and some not as bad as others

luckily i found one in a little better condition than that, its only peeling on the cupholders in the dash... which are stuck and wont come out

and no you cant compare a 3series to an E class... C class yes.. but MB still wins there haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #227
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

ooo wow thats a bit of a bummer w/ the e9x

I have never cared for silver trim like that for those reasons, when it scratches its black underneath

my friends b8 a4 interior is holding up well, 60,000 miles+ so far, only some wear and tear on the shift knob and steering wheel.

but I also feel like what kind of conditions/temperatures the car sees, whether its garaged or not, what kind of person is driving it, plays into the wear and tear of interiors.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:50 PM   #228
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

That's part of the fun when you pull on a 60k brand new sports car. The only people that don't care are the elitest douches that think the m3 is gods chariot. And in my experience that's because they dont know shit, never turned a wrench, and have a silver spoon shoved up their ass.

And a 4.8 truck motor with a eBay turbo kit will put down 500 whp &wtq all day. Toss a couple grand into strengthening the motor and you can get 700+.

Quote:
lolololololololol

you are going to have issues with 'overpriced' 80s and 90s bmws as well
I don't have any issues with 80-90's BMW's.

They're cheap. My friend just picked up a e39 530 for 2800. Iirc he's planning on putting a 6l aluminum block and going twin turbo.

I was looking for an e30 sedan but I wanted something different from everyone else.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:29 PM   #229
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Bavarian Motor Works

Quote:
That's part of the fun when you pull on a 60k brand new sports car. The only people that don't care are the elitest douches that think the m3 is gods chariot. And in my experience that's because they dont know shit, never turned a wrench, and have a silver spoon shoved up their ass.

Jelly jelly jelly.

As my grandfather (a life long diesel mechanic) once told my my father; "don't ever let me catch you with a wrench because you are going to go to college and will make enough money to pay some else to do it for you".

That "silver spoon douche" has a completely different value set of his own time and money. After all, what's funner driving cars or fixing broke shit in an uninsulated garage and missing out on another meet?

With that said we don't have to talk about brand new cars. A E46 goes for pocket change these days. Check my other thread out (Rennsport). $6-9k just buys so much God damn car anymore.

A S13-14 is a great toy but is a complete penalty box to try and daily.

Quote:
And a 4.8 truck motor with a eBay turbo kit will put down 500 whp &wtq all day. Toss a couple grand into strengthening the motor and you can get 700+.
Ok..... And swapping that into anything other than an engine dyno or a 1955 Chevy 2 door Post is going to cost a fortune. Been there done that.

Last edited by Corbic; 11-30-2014 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: fix
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:46 PM   #230
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Jelly jelly jelly.

As my grandfather (a life long diesel mechanic) once told my my father; "don't ever let me catch you with a wrench because you are going to go to college and will make enough money to pay some else to do it for you".

That "silver spoon douche" has a completely different value set of his own time and money. After all, what's funner driving cars or fixing broke shit in an uninsulated garage and missing out on another meet?

With that said we don't have to talk about brand new cars. A E46 goes for pocket change these days. Check my other thread out (Rennsport). $6-9k just buys so much God damn car anymore.

Ok..... And swapping that into anything other than an engine dyno or a 1955 Chevy 2 door Post is going to cost a fortune. Been there done that.
I'm college educated and in a high end career. I'd rather do my own work. I could buy a new BMW, but I'd rather have a few cars that I built and are different. I don't really have anything against them. I'm just bored and BMW lovers are easily butthurt/trolled.

Me and a couple friends just finished swapping in a 5.3 lm4 into a ls400. Ran us about 4500 all said and done.
Just did a dyno tune on it and it put down 285whp and 316 wtq.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #231
Corbic
Post Whore!

Bavarian Motor Works

Quote:
I'm college educated and in a high end career. I'd rather do my own work. I could buy a new BMW, but I'd rather have a few cars that I built and are different. I don't really have anything against them. I'm just bored and BMW lovers are easily butthurt/trolled.
I think you are missing the point. There is something to be said about owning a nice factory fast car that needs nothing and has all the modern conveniences. There also nothing wrong with saying "I don't want to rebuild my own transmission... I have better things to do". This is universal and has nothing to do with BMW.

Quote:
Me and a couple friends just finished swapping in a 5.3 lm4 into a ls400. Ran us about 4500 all said and done.

Just did a dyno tune on it and it put down 285whp and 316 wtq.

So you ditched one of the best 90's V8s ever for all that work and....40hp? +100lbs?

Does it even still have A/C?

Should have just turbo'ed the 1UZ and had 500whp, A/C and that sick sound....

It's also "My friends and I" btw...

Last edited by Corbic; 11-30-2014 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: fix
Old 11-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #232
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
can you elaborate on the "penalty box to try and daily" comment? obviously, a gutted, caged s13/14 doesn't count, but how do you think a stock s-chassis with creature comforts can't be considered a daily driver? i think you're mistaken.
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #233
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

I don't have any issues with 80-90's BMW's.

They're cheap. My friend just picked up a e39 530 for 2800. Iirc he's planning on putting a 6l aluminum block and going twin turbo.

I was looking for an e30 sedan but I wanted something different from everyone else.
misses point completely.

bmws are ez tuning, 80s, 90s, '00; brand new f10 M3/4s arent the only bimmers you wont catch.

500/500 whp/tq is what most BMWs I6s shoot for minimum when going turbo.

the majority of the motors have forged internals. Cutring hg and arp studs and the block is good to go.

pick up a used m52 for a few hundred bux, plow a few g's into the turbo system, tune on the stock ecu (dme) = cheap speed.

fast forward to the n54 generation, tune, intake, exhaust, and e85 and theyre at 450/470 hp/tq

Quote:
I'm just bored and BMW lovers are easily butthurt/trolled.
actually its the opposite. Were so hyped on whats going on w/ BMWs that when someone is talking out of their azz (you) we have to let em know why theyre missing out.

and if they still are missing the big picture then oh well move it along were busy having german rwd fun.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #234
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I think you are missing the point. There is something to be said about owning a nice factory fast car that needs nothing and has all the modern conveniences. There also nothing wrong with saying "I don't want to rebuild my own transmission... I have better things to do". This is universal and has nothing to do with BMW.

So you ditched one of the best 90's V8s ever for all that work and....40hp? +100lbs?

Does it even still have A/C?

Should have just turbo'ed the 1UZ and had 500whp, A/C and that sick sound....

It's also "My friends and I" btw...
I understand owning a fast out the box new car. Maybe one day when I'm old and lazy I'll be one of those guys.

The motor in there was toast. The weight was about the same, but more was displaced to the rear iirc. Parts to fix/upgrade are easier and cheaper now too. We had a blast getting it all put together.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #235
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
misses point completely.

bmws are ez tuning, 80s, 90s, '00; brand new f10 M3/4s arent the only bimmers you wont catch.

500/500 whp/tq is what most BMWs I6s shoot for minimum when going turbo.

the majority of the motors have forged internals. Cutring hg and arp studs and the block is good to go.

pick up a used m52 for a few hundred bux, plow a few g's into the turbo system, tune on the stock ecu (dme) = cheap speed.

fast forward to the n54 generation, tune, intake, exhaust, and e85 and theyre at 450/470 hp/tq

actually its the opposite. Were so hyped on whats going on w/ BMWs that when someone is talking out of their azz (you) we have to let em know why theyre missing out.

and if they still are missing the big picture then oh well move it along were busy having german rwd fun.
Never said I didn't like old cheap BMWs. I just laugh at these new over priced cars. Might as well get excited about the new Corvette's
Wow those are some pretty impressive numbers you are putting down. I always read the m52's had thin cylinder walls. What kind of turbo setup do you have?
Old 11-30-2014, 07:47 PM   #236
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Never said I didn't like old cheap BMWs. I just laugh at these new over priced cars. Might as well get excited about the new Corvette's
Wow those are some pretty impressive numbers you are putting down. I always read the m52's had thin cylinder walls. What kind of turbo setup do you have?
not really sure what you mean by overpriced? No other manufacturers offers what bmw m GmbH offers for the price

M52 is 2.8l has room for extra bore.

The S52, what I have, is the one that has the thinner walls since its a 3.2l

not really concerned with numbers like that atm, stock 240/240 hp/tq is plenty fun and I am focused on the cars best part, its handling, doing a full suspension refresh.

that and my secret lover the e21 I would have rather have fully restored before the ///M becomes a track car in the future.

etc etc etc etc etc etc

new struts installed earlier today, luv oem pr0n:

Last edited by vanish1; 11-30-2014 at 09:48 PM..
vanish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #237
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
You sound like you live life a quarter mile at a time... lol

That's fine if that's your experience. My experience is that I'm about done toying with 20+ year old polished shit piles. At some point, you want your fast car to be the same one you can be taken seriously in when you pull up to the office or nice restuarant & the same one that your girl isn't ashamed to be seen in.

I never said BMW is the ultimate at anything, but it's pretty good at providing a robust platform for turning. If you prefer the 80's & 90's models... cool. Have fun with that. But I think you're missing out on the N54/55 powered cars. We're talking easy boost here. Like JZA80 Supra easy, but newer and without the FnF tax. They won't be $60k cars forever. You can grab a 2007 BMW that's factory turbo'd with internals good for 700hp for like $13k now. Imagine what the M4 will be going for in another 7 years.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:10 PM   #238
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
That's fine if that's your experience. My experience is that I'm about done toying with 20+ year old polished shit piles. At some point, you want your fast car to be the same one you can be taken seriously in when you pull up to the office or nice restuarant & the same one that your girl isn't ashamed to be seen in.
^^ This, I'm 21, a graduating senior in college this year, and will be commissioning as an officer in the AF when that happens. I currently only own my carboi 240 and subsequently its my daily. Now as far as 240s go, its nicer than 95% of whats out there, the paint is all one color, my aero is in tact, I have a reliable 350 hp SR and full interior. It brings all the boys to the yard and walks on stock m3s, mustangs and all the cars that the rich kids at my college own, and I enjoy every second of foot to the wood embarrassment of those individuals. HOWEVER this isn't always the way I want to be portrayed.

When I take girls out I borrow other friends cars, thats not because I think my car sucks but do you really think your date wants to be riding around in a car you can't hold a conversation in with her tits bouncing all over the place? When I apply for internships or jobs I don't take my car, would you want to hire someone who just took 5 minutes maneuvering their car into your parking lot? When I commission into the AF I'm getting another car and not driving my 240 to work for at least a few months. Do you think the group of 18 & 19 year old airmen I'm going to be in charge of would be more likely to respect someone driving a grown up car? Or someone who showed up in something they wish they could build with their $800 paychecks.

dudermagee you might think that 40k is a lot of money for a fast car, but you can't really put a price on being a grown up.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #239
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
a base m235i is 43k msrp

M4 msrp is 64k

you can do euro delivery, get another 5-7% off, use that money for the vacation trip to Germany to get your car.

not really sure what your point is? These are luxury segment cars.
My point? is that the M235i is being sold for over $60k..!!!
yes you pointed out the $43k msrp, but when you go to the dealer they are much higher, most are in the mid $50's and fully loaded they are in the M4 price range. So when the M2 comes out I assume it'll be higher priced then the M235i correct? Putting it in the $70's?? thats my point.
I think thats crazy.
dont you?
Old 12-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #240
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
My point? is that the M235i is being sold for over $60k..!!!

yes you pointed out the $43k msrp, but when you go to the dealer they are much higher, most are in the mid $50's and fully loaded they are in the M4 price range. So when the M2 comes out I assume it'll be higher priced then the M235i correct? Putting it in the $70's?? thats my point.

I think thats crazy.

dont you?

Options Brah!

A GT-Argh is $110k... You don't think that's crazy?