Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Zumin
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Zumin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
MS3 to zenki to Miata to Kouki!

hey guys, ive been a member for a little while, skim more than anything.
so ive been through a couple cars in the past year and a half… and I'm really hoping to keep this one. as far as my "performance" cars go, i started with a 2008 MazdaSpeed3. (intake, exhaust, tune, fuel pump, RacingHart CP035s, H&R springs, few minor touches… made about 290-300whp and 330-340tq)

while i had it, i Picked up a Zenki from S13BEAST, picked up a black top for 900$, put a head gasket on it, and a B&M shifter and rolled out… threw on a set of XXRs and Megan Coilovers, i had a fun beater. not as fast or torquey as my MS3 but it was fun.
when i bought it:

when i sold it:

i ended up selling them both… picked up a Miata for 1000$, put a paint job on it, coil overs, and Konigs. a few performance gains in the way of a test pipe, intake, standalone, and a lot of timing, its a fun and SLOOOW car.

well ive been missing my 240, but i knew if i got another it'd have to be an SE and id like to keep the KA and just boost it. well a couple of days ago i found a red Kouki with faded paint and a dented front fender… 150K miles, bone stock with a B&M shifter, SE model with great interior…

loaded, no leather. everything works, PS, AC, Cruise, mirrors, sun roof doesn't leak, mechanically its very sound.

ive got a body expert who's a friend of my grandfathers who likes to do body work in his spare time just to have something to do/ someone to talk to… so he did all the body work/ replaced the rear quarter panel for 175$… of course i refused, and gave him 350$… the guy is amazing with a hammer and dolly, if anyone can save that fender he can. as far as the rest of the dents, they won't be a problem to pull out. paint first i think. while I'm doing that, ill start looking for Enthalpy and throw together a turbo kit and i guess ill use the ISIS t28 upgrade for 300$…

should be fun… ill be picking it up tomorrow hopefully… stay tuned.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Zumin
Leaky Injector

Well, started off by figuring out what's wrong with it...
It's throwing a knock sensor code, o2 code, and map code. The car runs very smooth but falls on its face over 4500, I'm thinking the knock sensor is pulling timing. I've already ordered parts.

The fender could be saved... But I'd like to try and buy a used one... (Anyone???)

The left rear tire is bald.. I went to get an alignment and it looks like the LCA is bent... Fml. Just got one from a junk yard, and ordered godspeed camber arm.

Shocks are blown.

2 bald tires.

Small oil leak at oil pressure sender, no big deal.

Other than that, I'm liking it. Interior is perfect, not a crack anywhere.

On the bright side, I've already gotten a quote for a paint job/new windshield. Coming in a few weeks

Stay tuned, I'll add pics next time.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
iStubz
Leaky Injector

iStubz will become famous soon enoughiStubz will become famous soon enoughiStubz will become famous soon enoughiStubz will become famous soon enoughiStubz will become famous soon enough
damn that kouki is a nice find man cant wait to see the progress
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
Zumin
Leaky Injector

Little update... I've been busy...

Porsche Guards Red.

18x9.5 +15 RPF1 SBC
Old 04-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
koukimuncher
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
koukimuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
bump for my badass lip
Old 04-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
OrangeVirus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Your cat looks just like my cat. black.

and I consider the Kouki an upgrade from the Ms3.. They really aren't that fast...and Like to blow up! esp Genwons like you had.

Save up and Throw an RB20det into it. You won't be disappointed .
Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #7
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVirus1 View Post
Your cat looks just like my cat. black.

and I consider the Kouki an upgrade from the Ms3.. They really aren't that fast...and Like to blow up! esp Genwons like you had.

Save up and Throw an RB25det into it. You won't be disappointed .
Fixed that for you...
Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
Zumin
Leaky Injector

Past 2 years the speed 3 has proven to make big power on stock engine, all thanks to cobbs tuning solutions. 420whp stock engine is VERY common with a turbo and bolt ons. I think there are a couple cars that have come close to 500 on stock bottom end...
Before Cobb really cracked the ecu, people were popping them on stock turbo, now its in heard of... I mean 100% stock (clutch, cams, etc) with DP, intake, fuel pump, turbo, tune, that's it.

Kouki is getting KA-t
In a few years, prob going LS
Old 04-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumin View Post
Past 2 years the speed 3 has proven to make big power on stock engine, all thanks to cobbs tuning solutions. 420whp stock engine is VERY common with a turbo and bolt ons. I think there are a couple cars that have come close to 500 on stock bottom end...
Before Cobb really cracked the ecu, people were popping them on stock turbo, now its in heard of... I mean 100% stock (clutch, cams, etc) with DP, intake, fuel pump, turbo, tune, that's it.

Kouki is getting KA-t
In a few years, prob going LS
500 on stock rods?? yeah for like a few days if you are lucky.

those stock rods can't hold that much power for too long. I mean... I wouldn't trust the best tune in the world on those stock Powder metal rods @ 500hp.

But Yeah I know people popped them bone stock.. not even a tune.

The craziest part is people squeezing over 300whp out of that tiny little baby turbo they have.. thank mazda for the High compression + high boost setup.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #10
Zumin
Leaky Injector

Yeah, doesn't last but it's been done. My tuner recommend to keep it around 400 for longevity. Which was completely reasonable.

The guy with 480-490 was on meth, nice turbo, and it lasted a few months.

420whp is perfect for the 3071r, seems to be the norm. DJ tuned my car, it made close to 300whp and a little more torque.

I've got no interest in an rb, the vq35 is an option too
Old 04-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

I know someone with a 477whp ms3. it's not even driveable.. Spinning tires in 5th gear.
all that power to front wheels..

I say be unique, swap in something nobody has ever swapped into a 240sx before. like a Hyundai Genesis 3.8 engine with a supercharger.. or IDK
Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #12
Zumin
Leaky Injector

Even my 300whp car was useless in second from a low roll. That tiny ass turbo making 330~ wheel torque at before 3000rpm... Yeah... Even a 375whp car is useless.

I'm thinking maybe vq35, it's cheap motor set, lots of aftermarket support, the ignition/theft device can get expensive
Old 04-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #13
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Build Threads

Almost everyone enjoys building their cars and sharing that experience, as well as checking out others' builds for inspiration. Sadly, far too many users have a tendency to do half-hearted builds and either rarely update or update with trivial progress. In the interest of keeping the Chat forum clear of three hundred 'Install SR, ziptie aero, rattlecan paint' threads, incomplete, or in-progress build threads are not allowed. If you have completed your build, wrangle all those pictures into a post and tell us about it, but make sure the build is finalized. If you insist on having an in-progress build, Premium members have a specialized subforum for that specific purpose.

xquizitditz
Closed Thread