Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #61
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Hey Everyone.

Lots to discuss, I am sure even more questions, as I have seen much speculation.

I got very sick, still am. Got very behind with product, people filed for refunds, before I knew it, I was basically in a situation where nothing could be sent out or purchase ordered because we had a big negative ballance with PP.

I issued refunds, taking a negative hit against the account and my own credit to ALL people, or so I figured.

With that, being sick, and murpheys law kicking in of 'what can go wrong' will go wrong, allot of things in my personal life and business went to hell.

But, to refute, vatche, who speaks out of turn, I never was charged with a crime, or was arrested or spent time in jail. I have no idea where that concept came from, and vatche should know better, since he knows steve, and steve knows me.

So, with eveything being that bad, and figuring I had refunded everyone, the site shut down (lack of $) and I never went back online or to the 'community', my pride destroyed, the industry and sport I loved, so much blood sweat and tears torn away from me, and being powerless to fix any of it, I was heartbroken.

I am still sick, and have no plans of restarting the company, or an e-commerce site. If you did not get refunded, or your parts, shoot me an email, and I will see what I can do. I will do my due dilligence to get you product, though it will take allot of time as i'll have to do financial forensics, confirms who's who and what, and I move allot slower than I used to.

I can be reached at, [email protected]

Thanks,

JohnGriff
Old 07-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #62
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just emailed you hope to get to a resolution johngriff.
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #63
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
YOUR ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!! Get well soon man

And yes, your awesome product is still installed on my S13!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #64
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Sorry to hear that, hope you get well.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:28 AM   #65
skyline331
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (25)
skyline331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Sorry to hear you got sick and still are. I hope you get better man and you made good parts, I enjoy the blue sub frame braces
skyline331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #66
240racelbc

Trader Rating: (0)
240racelbc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
John was never in jail and never had a terminal illness. The fact is he took your money and did not send you a product. This is fraud. Report John for his fraud here.
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

This link will allow you to report John and his business to the FBI. If we all do this hopefully John will be unable to do this to innocent victims in the future.
You will need some information on John in order to report the fraud.

John Frederick Grefe Jr
3325 Faust Ave
Long Beach, ca
949-891-1170 This is his Google voice number
[email protected] is his email

The previous business was rpsport.net
John goes by the alias John Griff or rpsport John

Please report John- Criminals like John get away with scamming people if people like us don't report them.
240racelbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #67
240racelbc

Trader Rating: (0)
240racelbc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Copied from: Enkei 92s For Sale
An example of what John has put other customers through.

"Mr. Grefe has perpetrated a fraud, and I have pursued legal action against him and recently won judgment.

As you may know, Mr. Grefe was advertising a lot of new old stock (NOS) A.R.E. mesh automobile wheels which were supposedly left over in a warehouse that his friend’s father had purchased. Mr. Grefe apparently offered to help his friend sell the wheels, instead of scrapping them.

I started to communicate with Mr. Grefe in late July, 2007 via personal messaging from that site. After a few personal messages we agreed upon a price of $732, with shipping, for four wheels of varying diameters and offsets. The wheels were all advertised as NEW, but he offered to take them to a local wheel shop to be polished, at no additional cost, since they had been gathering dust in the warehouse for so long and had possible scratches.

Since I had all of his contact information, and he had good ratings on this site, I felt confident in the sale, and arranged a PayPal transaction to get him the money on August 1st. That’s when the trouble began. Ten days later, according to an e-mail from Mr. Grefe, the wheels I had purchased were picked up by his brother to be shipped to me, but he noticed they were not “up to his standards,” so he sent them back to the wheel repair shop to have the lips repaired.

Another two and a half weeks passed before I heard from him again; this time, he e-mailed me to apologize that the wheel shop was backed up, and he himself had been involved in a car accident. He claimed the wheels would be shipped on August 30th. They didn’t ship for another full week, according to Fed Ex, and it took 8 more days for them to arrive (that’s 44 days from the date I paid for them).

When the wheels arrived and I unpacked them, I could see that they were in no way NEW, and the offsets were not what I ordered. What I received wouldn’t fit what I bought them for, and they looked like they had been pulled off of someone’s car. There were signs that wheel weights had been removed; one wheel hub had rust on the back side, as if it had been mounted on a car and the rust had transferred from the rotor hat to the wheel hub, and there was curb rash. Immediately I called Mr. Grefe to complain. He apologized again and claimed that they had been shipped by a family member and that he hadn’t seen them first. The day they were shipped (Sept. 6), however, Mr. Grefe had sent me a personal message with pictures that he supposedly took before they shipped. [I didn’t catch it at first, but look at the dirty paper towel next to the roll sitting beside the wheels…it looks like Mr. Grefe did the polishing himself, not any wheel repair shop.]

Mr. Grefe suggested I send the wheels back, saying he would refund my shipping cost, and have them brought up to standards, or he would exchange them altogether. The more I examined them, though, the more I noticed what was wrong with them, so I said instead that I would rather just send them back and get a refund (half right away and the rest when he received the returned wheels – to show good faith.) He replied and said that he could not refund my money and that he would put the wheels on consignment, refunding half of the money when he received the wheels and the other half once they were sold. That did not suit me, since he sold them straight to me in the first place, and didn’t have any problem taking my money for shoddy merchandise that took more than a month to arrive.

I contacted PayPal to file a dispute, but was told that they have a 45 day dispute period - awfully convenient for Mr. Grefe, since I didn’t receive the wheels until day 44. PayPal recommended that I should have filed a dispute after two weeks, and dismissed it once the merchandise was received and satisfactory, which, honestly, hadn’t occurred to me because we were in contact at that time, and he gave reasonable excuses for the delay. There was, of course, NO excuse for the condition of the wheels I actually received, nor any of his conduct since.

After weighing my options for a few days, I finally caved, and, on October 12th, I sent Mr. Grefe ALL four wheels back, with specific instructions in each box as to what needed to be done to each to bring it “up to standard,” per his earlier recommendation. I sent him an e-mail the same day, with all of the tracking numbers. More than a month passed, AGAIN, with no word, no wheels, and no refund. On November 19th, I e-mailed him for a status update, and replied saying he had actually SOLD all of the wheels I’d returned and would now be sending out NEW ones once he found some (he claimed to be looking for the perfect set), and he’d get back to me then. Patient and trying to be understanding, I waited another week before again asking for the status of my order. The next day he replied with a claim that I would (finally) be receiving 4 wheels that matched the condition of the instructions I’d sent with the returned wheels. WHAT? Those instructions were for the repair of the wheels that I returned; wheels that he never repaired and, in fact, sold out from under me (making even more of a profit)! I e-mailed him one final time on January 3, 2008 (remember, I paid for the wheels on August 1, 2007) once more asking for a full refund, giving him a week to comply, and explicit instructions on how to send me the money back. More than a month had passed and I still had not received any refund, nor had I heard from him at all.

In February 2008, I filed a small claims case against Mr. Grefe. He was served in late February 2008 with a summons to appear before the District Court in May 2008. Mr. Grefe failed to appear and my case was heard before the judge and judgment was issued against Mr. Grefe. It is now my responsibility to attempt to collect from Mr. Grefe. I wanted to wait until the court date had passed before telling my story to everyone. I hope this has been informative. "
240racelbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:19 AM   #68
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post

But, to refute, vatche, who speaks out of turn, I never was charged with a crime, or was arrested or spent time in jail. I have no idea where that concept came from, and vatche should know better, since he knows steve, and steve knows me.

You're both shady.

I got screwed for being a nice guy, and even though my gut instinct was to never trust either of you, I trusted Steve (shadows) and then I got screwed.

The sad thing is, your both smart guys, and you could have gotten somewhere. Your morals suck.

You made your own decisions. You suffer your own consequences.

Sorry if you don't like my posts. I don't really care. Just giving people a heads up on what to expect.
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote