Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: would you rather?
yes, I would rather have a subaru. 67 16.83%
no, I bought a 240sx because it is the car I wanted. 331 83.17%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #31
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiizy View Post
I think i'm ass backwards i have a Subaru but i want a 240 but not to replace my subie i want an S14 for a DD.....

Be prepared though everything on a subie is expensive Mods, Repairs and they eat gas (Turbo models) i fill up the STi 3-4 times a week
I was wondering how long before you popped in here. Oly shit, you must do alot of driving to fill up that much.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2008, 12:21 PM   #32
jarober
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
jarober has a spectacular aura aboutjarober has a spectacular aura aboutjarober has a spectacular aura aboutjarober has a spectacular aura aboutjarober has a spectacular aura aboutjarober has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I have had my 240 for close to six years and have loved every minute of it. I bought a wrx wagon two years ago and sold it this past summer. I want another one now. Having both is awesome. But I would not trade my 240 for a subie
jarober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #33
dmax_silvia_s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
dmax_silvia_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to dmax_silvia_s13
My silvia over a subaru anyday. Subaru just wouldnt be as fun or get half the looks.
The only way I would get an sti is if it was only rear wheel drive not awd.
Plus I wouldn't spend that much on a car when my silvia was way less and in my opinion nicer.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #34
weshole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
weshole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would rock a Subie as a DD but never to replace my S13. RWD>AWD for the fun. AWD would be nice up here right now tho.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #35
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
I had a legacy shoot off from a light like a rocket next to me on a rainy night last week.

i was starting off in second, but as soon as i hit the crosswalk i had no traction.

it made me want an r32 gtr, lol.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #36
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiizy View Post
I think i'm ass backwards i have a Subaru but i want a 240 but not to replace my subie i want an S14 for a DD.....

Be prepared though everything on a subie is expensive Mods, Repairs and they eat gas (Turbo models) i fill up the STi 3-4 times a week
oh no, this is definitely not about me wanting to get a subaru.

i bought a 240 because it is exactly what i wanted, running or not i wouldnt have it any other way.

i just noticed some different mindsets between different car boards that i am active on and i wanted to take this survey to compare the results.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #37
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
Charlie is on the path to ruinCharlie is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I rather daily a subie but I'm ok with the 240
Old 12-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #38
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
There are many cars i'd rather have... but a subaru is not one of them.

After 2 s14's and an s13 i'd say the 240 fits me nicely
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #39
Bubba
Zilvia Junkie

Bubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I have my 240SX because it is what I wanted.
I actually want a Subaru to DAILY, but not in the place of the 240SX.

+1 on that statement....
Old 12-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #40
markyboi
Zilvia FREAK!

markyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to beholdmarkyboi is a splendid one to behold
i got a 240 because i wanted it.
markyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:24 PM   #41
cxlo8331
Nissanaholic!

Location: Feasting on the flesh of the guilty, and drinking the blood of the innocent (714)
Trader Rating: (17)
cxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I have an '89 hatch for my daily for now.

I am considering picking up an is300 for a new daily.

I need something a little more low key for work.

I like the subies too, but would probably end up dumping a ton of cash into that also.

I want to keep the 13 too.

Dammit!

Last edited by cxlo8331; 12-23-2008 at 10:57 AM..
cxlo8331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #42
Unique
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Unique has a spectacular aura aboutUnique has a spectacular aura aboutUnique has a spectacular aura aboutUnique has a spectacular aura aboutUnique has a spectacular aura aboutUnique has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
s13

s13, its the car I wanted
Old 12-23-2008, 11:28 AM   #43
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I wouldn't mind one as a daily. But not as my fun car. I just love 240's.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #44
stiizy
Post Whore!

stiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfectionstiizy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
I was wondering how long before you popped in here. Oly shit, you must do alot of driving to fill up that much.
haha you know i had too get in here, yeah i do about 40 miles a day..

plus subys have small ass gas tanks
stiizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #45
jskateborders
Zilvia FREAK!

jskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond reputejskateborders has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jskateborders
IMO I dont think there even comparable. I loved my s13, And I would actually prefer to daily an s13. And then there is drifting, If youve ever tried to drift an awd car, you know how hard it is.
But on the other hand, Id love to roll around in a subie cause chicks dig em, and then Ive also wanted to try rally for a while. Since Im in the market for a new car (last one stolen, rx7 sucks dick as daily) I was actually considering a subie, but the s13 to me has way more +'s on my list. If I could have both though, definitely.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #46
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
subarus are notorious around the midwest for having cocky drivers who end up in ditches when it snows.

it's like rain. on your wedding day.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #47
gnozahs
Zilvia Member

gnozahs is on a distinguished road
I'd get the Subaru.
gnozahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:16 AM   #48
sncs14
Zilvia FREAK!

sncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond reputesncs14 has a reputation beyond repute
Couldn't afford a WRX when I bought my 240 (college budget), I'd still like to buy one too.
sncs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #49
beeracing s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
beeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of lightbeeracing s14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
subie owners have bad reputation in CA. they are ricers with brand new cars who like to burn tires and race stupidly on the freeway. Sorry if I said it. Its just that most of my "I ALMOST got to an accident" scenarios were caused by stupid Imprezas changing lanes abruptly racing civics.

Last edited by beeracing s14; 12-24-2008 at 01:43 PM..
beeracing s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #50
mikethebiker

mikethebiker is a well-known jackass
i so hate subaru owners.
and im not a fan of the motor, or their suspension for that matter

just a gay car
mikethebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:54 PM   #51
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

MunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to MunsonAuto

One would make a nice DD i guess, but there are too many of them around here for me to even begin wanting one.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:43 PM   #52
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
been with 240s for half a decade. I wouldn't mind switching it up to Scooby.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #53
LongGrain
Post Whore!

LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
i like my birkenstocks...

until i lost one when i was drunk...
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 05:57 PM   #54
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
As much as Ken Block's videos have made me want a subaru, I still am glad I have a 240sx.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #55
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
i used to have 98 wrx... but changed to nissan S chassis back in 2003

since then i always had RWD cars... mostly 240sx

because i wanted !!!
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #56
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
subie would be great for canadian winters but got 240sx cause i wanted one
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:59 AM   #57
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
personally i guess it depends on your living situation.

place, married or single.

but i love my 240's. subies would be nice tho for the winter. ( not saying i dont drive the 240 in the winter cause i love it )

altho im curious as to why you didnt refer to an evo? not that i like evo's anyways. lol
Old 12-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #58
Shift-240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Shift-240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
YEA, no evo love???

i'd get a evo over a sti anyday but my kouki is my first love
Shift-240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #59
Ailiaw
Leaky Injector

Ailiaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ailiaw
I'd take a different car over a subie since I don't ever really go anywhere where 4wd is needed, I got an RX-8 when I sold my s14 and missed it so much that now I have a s13 and the RX-8. The 8 has just been sitting for a week while I get all the kinks in the 13 worked out. Not to mention the 8 eats horrendous amounts of gas.

I'm RWD all the way. Never owned FWD, and would only if its a 3rd or 4th car, or something I got for REALLLLLY cheap.

I've had 93 BMW 325is, 96 240sx, 95 Mustang, 93 BMW 318i, 93 BMW 525i, 04 RX-8, 89 240sx

As you can see, I have a preference for RWD.

The s13, RX8 and 525i are all still in my possesion albeit the 525 is my father but I drive it and they are all 5-spd cars with the exception of the 6-spd RX-8
Ailiaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:13 PM   #60
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
subaru's are too easy to drive. i had one. car doesn't slide unless you have power in the 400-500's. and even then....there is something about countersteer that is more fun that awd drifting. but I tell you what...that subaru saved my ass in the canyons many times. where a 240 would have crashed...awd pulls you out.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote