Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #1561
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
+1 why are there no forced induction factory options on the FRS or BRZ? they would have made a killing IMO, but devils advocate for my question is they were just trying to bring back the nostalgia of the AE86 and not make some current version of it...i think would make some awesome AWD/RWD with either WRX or STI turbo setup and some nice brembos as a factory option...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2019, 11:13 AM   #1562
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
A turbo BRZ would take away sales from the STi/WRX.

It's all business. Different market
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:36 AM   #1563
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
A Turbo BRZ might have made me think twice before buying my FiST. Of course that did not happen and I have a big smile on my face all the time. I also just got back from Octane Academy at Miller Motorsports Park mm... cough.. cough Utah Motorsports Park now.

Toyed around with trying to find another S13 but really want another S30 240z and probably would be easier to find :lol:

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:15 PM   #1564
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
Don't bother with him. Just putting his barge into "D" takes every bit of his brain functionality.
So Salty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I'm more disappointed at the fact that the Supra doesn't come in manual. I'm sure the whole drivetrain can handle some good power.
Yup, and no DCT either. Both are options from BMW. Hard to make a "oh its not supposed to be a drag car, it's a driver's car" argument while rocking a V6 Charger's 8spd auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
+1 why are there no forced induction factory options on the FRS or BRZ? they would have made a killing IMO, but devils advocate for my question is they were just trying to bring back the nostalgia of the AE86 and not make some current version of it...i think would make some awesome AWD/RWD with either WRX or STI turbo setup and some nice brembos as a factory option...

Arrogants and Stubbornness. Even a 2.5L would have given the car the mid-range grunt it desperately needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
A turbo BRZ would take away sales from the STi/WRX.

It's all business. Different market
Doubtful.

It would have stolen sales from Camaro, Mustang and Miata. It's a drifto car, not a rally car. Sort of like how the Focus RS doesn't steal sales from a Mustang GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
A Turbo BRZ might have made me think twice before buying my FiST. Of course that did not happen and I have a big smile on my face all the time. I also just got back from Octane Academy at Miller Motorsports Park mm... cough.. cough Utah Motorsports Park now.

Toyed around with trying to find another S13 but really want another S30 240z and probably would be easier to find [emoji38]
Yeah, the idea of dumping thousands into a brand new car just becomes stupid as you move along the hobby. Nothing like just turn key, trouble free fun.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:12 PM   #1565
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Corbic, you right you right.

Just read an interview with some big shot from Scooby to confirm. I think he used the term "drag car" lol!
Old 07-31-2019, 04:49 PM   #1566
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

Toyed around with trying to find another S13 but really want another S30 240z and probably would be easier to find [emoji38]
Some nice ones on BAT

Old 07-31-2019, 05:41 PM   #1567
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

BAT has some of the most bizarre sale prices

Tye E46 M3 that sold for 90k that cred is relegated to a few choice parts, questionable reason for interior swap and no pedigree apart from Instagram likes is a perfect example
Old 08-01-2019, 06:28 AM   #1568
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Yet some people swear one silly sale on BaT dictates the market. Good luck.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:01 AM   #1569
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Yet some people swear one silly sale on BaT dictates the market. Good luck.
That's as bad as going by Barret Jackson or eBay.

All it takes to drive prices up is two buyers at thr exact same time wanting the exact same car. Looking at BAT, looks like air-cooled 911 prices have... Cooled off.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #1570
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Some moron here tried to say BaT/BJ/eBay sets the market value. I nearly shit myself. That shit is more inconsistent than anything. If it was the same number across the board, maybe. But one fucking idiot willing to pay stupid money for something 'that one time' doesn't make your piece of shit rot box worth any more.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #1571
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
BaT is all over the place, especially with Japanese cars.

I'm still kicking myself over this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-mazda-rx-7-39/

This is probably worth at least 25k right now.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:30 AM   #1572
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

I'm still kicking myself over this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-mazda-rx-7-39/

That got stolen.

American cars are the same way.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:33 AM   #1573
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:

Fucked up interior bits, faded paint, parts of unknown manufacturers, already had parts fucked with/removed? Imported FD's sell for under the 25K mark with modifications. I haven't been on RX7Club in a while since I sold my FD's but I'm sure there are a slew of better examples for less money there.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:15 PM   #1574
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Fucked up interior bits, faded paint, parts of unknown manufacturers, already had parts fucked with/removed? Imported FD's sell for under the 25K mark with modifications. I haven't been on RX7Club in a while since I sold my FD's but I'm sure there are a slew of better examples for less money there.
CYM R1's are very rare. That car is 1 out of 350 and in pristine condition would be $40k, like this one: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-mazda-rx-7-41/

$17k for a car that is complete, running and driving with reversible modifications is a steal.

Imported FD's will always be cheaper since they are RHD, not 50 state legal and nothing new to the US.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:49 PM   #1575
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Call me silly but I'd just prefer something else. Not knocking the market for that unicorn of a car but I'd be much happier with this personally.

https://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generati...500-a-1136707/
Old 08-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #1576
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Call me silly but I'd just prefer something else. Not knocking the market for that unicorn of a car but I'd be much happier with this personally.

https://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generati...500-a-1136707/
I love FD's but anything over 30k is approaching 997 Carrera S territory for me
Old 08-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #1577
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i think BaT pricing is all over the place because you have people on there who are looking for something very specific. lets also keep in mind that even though there are two 93 CYM R1 FDs linked on this page, they are vastly different.

for some buyers, its not just the chassis itself they are after, they may be after a specific variation of that chassis. there could be one simple item that dictates if someone spends 18k or 25k. hell, that one FD that has rotas on it, im sure that was a huge turn off for some potential buyers (among other things).

case in point, spooled thinks its a steal at 17k while supa would rather have something else.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:38 PM   #1578
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
i think BaT pricing is all over the place because you have people on there who are looking for something very specific. lets also keep in mind that even though there are two 93 CYM R1 FDs linked on this page, they are vastly different.

for some buyers, its not just the chassis itself they are after, they may be after a specific variation of that chassis. there could be one simple item that dictates if someone spends 18k or 25k. hell, that one FD that has rotas on it, im sure that was a huge turn off for some potential buyers (among other things).

case in point, spooled thinks its a steal at 17k while supa would rather have something else.
I'm sure the yellow e-brake handle was one of those "other things" lol

The demo on BaT is older guys with money with a keen eye for untouched cars. I would have definitely changed some things on that yellow FD, but I know it has potential.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:20 PM   #1579
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Damn, just got back on here to sell my rb30, after a 2 yr or so hiatus. Glad to see some of the OG's still around. Seems like nothing has changed! Just how I left and liked it! haha
Old 08-02-2019, 06:25 AM   #1580
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Anything has potential if you're willing to invest your time and your money.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:06 AM   #1581
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm going to sell my e30 on BaT. It's the only venue where I can get top dollar.

Same with my Range Rover Classic. If I ever finish the damn thing.

Why is the FR-S/BRZ being mentioned? Drive a good E36 M3, then disappoint yourself by driving an FT86 chassis.

Turn-key, trouble-free fun is boring. If a factory makes something that ticks all your boxes, great... but they haven't made anything that I like stock, yet.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:06 AM   #1582
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oh hey look, a double post.

At work, it won't let me. At home, it will. Sweet.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #1583
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post

Turn-key, trouble-free fun is boring. If a factory makes something that ticks all your boxes, great... but they haven't made anything that I like stock, yet.
...isn't that why people get Porsches? I'm not gonna lie, the desire to sell all my cars and have one $40-$50k car that needs nothing but some wheels seems pretty alluring. My Spec R is fine for now, but I'd be lying if I said I don't sometimes dream of cashing out, selling all my 'treasures' and logging in just to cause trouble.

I think I already do that last part, but I still sell things here too lol.

...do you ever just look at all your accumulated parts and compare the dollars invested to the current going rate? I do a good job of only buying things I actually want, but I end up not using them in an effort to preserve them..for what, I don't really know.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:21 PM   #1584
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...isn't that why people get Porsches? I'm not gonna lie, the desire to sell all my cars and have one $40-$50k car that needs nothing but some wheels seems pretty alluring. My Spec R is fine for now, but I'd be lying if I said I don't sometimes dream of cashing out, selling all my 'treasures' and logging in just to cause trouble .

As you "grow up" life changes. It's no longer hanging out with buddies in the garage and going to meets. Project cars always require three things, Money, Time and Motivation.

As life evolves, all three become harder to pull together at one time.

Old 08-05-2019, 06:50 AM   #1585
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

He said he wanted to cash out and get something nice - not a piece of shit lower end model boat anchor. Fucking thing is over two ton. Imagine some dude with jean coveralls, a straw hat and a fat dip packed against the gum pull on you in his junkyard turbo LS S-chassis on the track. He probably paid way the fuck less, had way the fuck more fun and people don't ridicule him for posting pictures of his domestic 'drag' car on an internet forum for Japanese drift cars because he didn't nut up and pay a little more for the car that was FAR more superior in the Hellcat and/or Demon [but the Demon is much less practical so I don't judge Hellcat owners for not taking that step].
Old 08-05-2019, 09:59 AM   #1586
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
He said he wanted to cash out and get something nice - not a piece of shit lower end model boat anchor. Fucking thing is over two ton. Imagine some dude with jean coveralls, a straw hat and a fat dip packed against the gum pull on you in his junkyard turbo LS S-chassis on the track. He probably paid way the fuck less, had way the fuck more fun and people don't ridicule him for posting pictures of his domestic 'drag' car on an internet forum for Japanese drift cars because he didn't nut up and pay a little more for the car that was FAR more superior in the Hellcat and/or Demon [but the Demon is much less practical so I don't judge Hellcat owners for not taking that step].
Dude, your boyfriend is not going to stop. You need to just end the relationship and move on. It's not your fault, you deserve better.

Also, post up your fucking car already. I've called you out on that three times this year and you never do. I wonder why that is?

Last edited by Corbic; 08-05-2019 at 11:25 AM..
Old 08-05-2019, 11:07 AM   #1587
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Dude, your boyfriend is not going to stop. You need to just end the relationship and move on. It's not your fault, you deserve better.

Also, post up your fucking car already. I've called you put on that three times this year and no never do. I wonder why that is?
As annoying as both of you are, at least you admit you have a car that doesn't belong here.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #1588
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I'm not gonna lie, the desire to sell all my cars and have one $40-$50k car that needs nothing but some wheels seems pretty alluring.
I think about this all the time. I bought my IS300 to have a boosted 2JZ, but I just don't think I have the energy for another project. I may be selling it soon for something fast out of the box.

Riddle me this...what's a car that has:
-4 doors
-luxurious/comfortable
-decent mpg (low 20's street/high 20's hwy)
-350+hp
-CA legal (no imports, must pass smog)
-reliable and cheap to maintain/fix
-under 3500lbs
-RWD or AWD
-manual transmission
-$15,000 - $25,000
-somewhat newer (2006+)
Old 08-05-2019, 12:54 PM   #1589
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
I think about this all the time. I bought my IS300 to have a boosted 2JZ, but I just don't think I have the energy for another project. I may be selling it soon for something fast out of the box.

Riddle me this...what's a car that has:

-4 doors

-luxurious/comfortable

-decent mpg (low 20's street/high 20's hwy)

-350+hp

-CA legal (no imports, must pass smog)

-reliable and cheap to maintain/fix

-under 3500lbs

-RWD or AWD

-manual transmission

-$15,000 - $25,000

-somewhat newer (2006+)
What's that old story of Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick two.

The manual and the weight really kill any solid options. You can manual swap a Charger, but you are looking at 4,200lbs.

I'm sure CTS-Vs are all 4k pounds. I wouldn't want to touch a used V8 M3. Rod Bearing replacement is normal maintenance at 65k miles.

G8 is going to be a premium with 6spd and is 4k lbs.

Lexus is all Automatic. IS-F is 3,800lbs

C63 is Automatic and 3,700lbs

Stinger? G70?? Both to expensive/new and I belive auto only.

I guess you are stuck with a WRX.

Last edited by Corbic; 08-05-2019 at 02:21 PM..
Old 08-05-2019, 01:06 PM   #1590
Corbic
Post Whore!

Boom, ATS

Not a bad looking car, damn cheap and way more reliable then Zer Germans.

I bet that 4-banger wakes up with some simple Cali-stealth mods.