Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #331
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by crescendo View Post
So, what are the proper Koni part numbers for the S13 and S14 chassis?

8611's
8610's
Koni Pricing - Nissan Road Racing Forums
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #332
Kelly.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Kelly. is making a name for him/her selfKelly. is making a name for him/her selfKelly. is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
You have to cut off the stock lower spring seats on the AGX's. You'll have to be very careful and cool them off regularly.
can you be alittle more specific.

here is a picture of the strut with the coilover on it.
the coilover doesnt even get low enough to touch the stock spring perch.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #333
BlazedGlory
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
BlazedGlory will become famous soon enoughBlazedGlory will become famous soon enoughBlazedGlory will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So has anyone tried installing the Koni inserts in a "coilover setup?" I've got KTS coilovers currently that I would like to try and install some 8611s in, but I read toward the beginning of this thread that it is pretty tight (though noone had tried it yet). Has anyone tried something like this yet?
BlazedGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #334
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazedGlory View Post
So has anyone tried installing the Koni inserts in a "coilover setup?" I've got KTS coilovers currently that I would like to try and install some 8611s in, but I read toward the beginning of this thread that it is pretty tight (though noone had tried it yet). Has anyone tried something like this yet?
Yes, there's a guy that did it in some Tein with the yellow inserts.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #335
240sxScores
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240sxScores is making a name for him/her self240sxScores is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240sxScores
You would have to take apart the KTS threaded shock body and measure the inside diameter to see if the koni shock would slip in. If the inner diam is to small then its a no go and you need to custom housings. Or if you have a machine shop buddy get some steel tubing that the insert fits inside of and thread the outside to use the kts bracket adapter thinger. I thought about that last part and asked a machine shop about doing it, they said they could but at 80$ an hr and threading a tube that big for a thread that weird = lots of time.
240sxScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #336
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxScores View Post
You would have to take apart the KTS threaded shock body and measure the inside diameter to see if the koni shock would slip in. If the inner diam is to small then its a no go and you need to custom housings. Or if you have a machine shop buddy get some steel tubing that the insert fits inside of and thread the outside to use the kts bracket adapter thinger. I thought about that last part and asked a machine shop about doing it, they said they could but at 80$ an hr and threading a tube that big for a thread that weird = lots of time.
good idea if you can afford the custom work or have a connect
what I plan on doing with a set of HEs I have on hand one day
no rush
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:27 AM   #337
sweeper240
Leaky Injector

sweeper240 is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 Ground Control GC and Tein Monoflex

Is the Tein Monoflex kit considered unequal/inferior/or better than Ground Control's s13 kit? Why?
Will an uncaptive setup cause strange or loud sounds while driving on the street?
Will the supposed sounds that might happen be frequent or only occasional? Will these supposed sounds be loud or ignorable?
Will an un-captive setup cause a problem on bumpy or uneven roads? dirt?
sweeper240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #338
streetracer8x
Leaky Injector

streetracer8x is an unknown quantity at this point
Im hella confused with where to aquire the gland nuts for a koni yellow/ ground control setup for the s13. I have yet to rip my setup apart. Are they on the stock setup? Or do i have them custom made or something?. I called ground control, they said it comes off the stock setup.
streetracer8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #339
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
You don't use gland nuts for yellows. You just use the stock housing and drill a hole at the bottom and thread a bolt into the koni to hold it in place.

Only on 861x do you need custom housings and gland nuts.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #340
streetracer8x
Leaky Injector

streetracer8x is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for pointing that out. I was also wondering what spring rates i should go with when i order from ground control? this car is my daily. Looking for the occasional drifter/and taking it to the track.

Im thinking 400F and 375R, hows this sound?
streetracer8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:03 PM   #341
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I would run less rear spring, but that's me. It equates to better ride quality, though konis ride pretty decnetly.

I run 450/300 in my daily, could stand to do 400/250. I think the standard GC rates are 450/275?
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote