Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Socalgal
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
Socalgal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Socalgal
Quick questing about getting power to my ecu. Someone experienced please chime in

So my fucking "turn key swap" purched from a member here didn't work. It came with a s15 motor, harness wired for a s14, a power Fc, a stock ecu, a few other things but was of corse missing some of the very important things we had discussed. When the pallet arrived I noticed it was missing things and of corse the seller is not returning my calls. Because of this I figured I need to start testing everything. My main concern (other then the motor itself) was the PFC and harness. Got everything in and of corse the PFC won't power up with the key. The stock ecu does work but I do not have stock injectors or mafs. I had this same thing happen with my s13 sr when I first installed the power fc, after tons of work I ended up buying a wiring specialties (great option, just broke and need a damn car)

So I went over the ecu harness and found that two of the normal power (labeled power as opposed to back up power) pins had nothing. All grounds had continuity. So I figured id put power to the two that was missing. I twisted those two together and jumped it to another of the main (non back up powers). Turned the key and the commander turned on. It was at this point I patted myself on the back and went back to the the turbo kit and all the crap I still have to do.

Is it ok to leave it like that? I thought nothing of it at the time but now I'm wondering if these are supposed to see power from different sources or something. I mean there all gonna see it from the batt but If that was the case there would be just one source coming in and be distributed inside the ecu. So if there coming from different circuits or something and need to be fused differently then what I did isn't going to be a perminate fix.

So is it ok?

I'm glad I figured out what the problem was but I want to know how to fix it correctly.
Socalgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
ExiledLakai
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
ExiledLakai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
find a s15 ecu wiring diagram and circle the two pin that you stuck power into. As of right now I think you might be good b/c if is was bad you would have already fried something. But people really can't tell without knowing the pins that you used.
ExiledLakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
Socalgal
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
Socalgal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Socalgal
Ok so I noticed that the PFC was not saving changes. This helped me to locate the exact problem. I spent litterally 8 or 9 hours last night going threw every page of the "el" and "ec" section of the fsm's for the s15, and both the 95 and 96 usdm s14 to write down the pinouts for the f3/m63 connector (in the s15 the m63 seems to be called m60). So other the the mistakes in the 95 fsm (#9 pin). Looking at all the lists capered everything up. To be honest I ended up so deep in this crap that I do not remember exactly what I did but it now works exactly as it should with no jumped wires.

I now have a much better understanding of how to navigate the fsm's, writen pinouts for the m63 and f3 plugs for all three cars, a running car, and a bit of happiness that I resolved this using only that mushy mass in-between my ears.

All I can say is why does no one post these pinouts? It seems like people think they should only bee seen by certain people. It took me hours to write them out and I know people have them.
Socalgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:07 AM   #4
ExiledLakai
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
ExiledLakai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't have them or else I would have posted it up. Good job working the problem. You defiantly learned more then a simple diagram could tech you. Now if your ever stuck somewhere with an ecu problem you'll have an idea to source the problem.
ExiledLakai is offline   Reply With Quote