Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
Superfly
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Superfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 Coverlay Dash Cap

Hey guys just got my dash cap in. Thought some one might want some insight or have some questions pertaining to it. Or tips to give me. Feel free to chime in.

*Side Note*
The airvents snap in OVER the cap itself thought it was an interesting find.
(no ugly gaps between the cap and vents)
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2015, 04:34 PM   #2
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
in for Pics?
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i got this cool cap thing for my shitty cracked s13 dash. i wont show you...
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:25 AM   #4
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cash
Here's how mine fits before using the adhesive they provide to install the cover. I didn't realize the air vents are supposed to snap over the cover, though. I think mine looks okay without doing that.

Things to note:
1. It fits very well, even without applying adhesive
2. I thought glare might be an issue due to the finish, but it hasn't been at all noticeable
3. Only real complaint is that the cover ends at the top of the radio trim, breaking continuity

Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
Superfly
Leaky Injector

@ Cash- yea man i don't think they're necessarily supposed to fit over the cap they just so happen to though and i think it looks better, looks good either way though... and did yours come with that shiny finish? Mine is flat black.. Fitment is excellent though!

and sorry guys i have to wait till this weekend for warmer temps to install it with the glue, this Saturday looks good though.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #6
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
From what you're saying, it almost sounds like they may have reworked the product a little. I'm certainly interested in seeing how much, if any, it differs from the originals.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #7
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash View Post
Here's how mine fits before using the adhesive they provide to install the cover. I didn't realize the air vents are supposed to snap over the cover, though. I think mine looks okay without doing that.

Things to note:
1. It fits very well, even without applying adhesive
2. I thought glare might be an issue due to the finish, but it hasn't been at all noticeable
3. Only real complaint is that the cover ends at the top of the radio trim, breaking continuity

That looks pretty good for a cover. Is it very flexible? Too bad they dont make a brown one.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:32 PM   #8
R_Rod_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
R_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
That looks pretty good for a cover. Is it very flexible? Too bad they dont make a brown one.
I'm here to save the day ! (Brown )

http://www.frsport.com/Coverlay-10-8..._p_369081.html
R_Rod_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:55 PM   #9
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
cool product but they warp with heat
Old 11-18-2015, 09:02 PM   #10
sentradude
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
sentradude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Can you still get the instrument bezel out easily with the cover in place?
sentradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:00 AM   #11
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
@ Cash- yea man i don't think they're necessarily supposed to fit over the cap they just so happen to though and i think it looks better, looks good either way though... and did yours come with that shiny finish? Mine is flat black.. Fitment is excellent though!

and sorry guys i have to wait till this weekend for warmer temps to install it with the glue, this Saturday looks good though.
Yeah, mine came with the slightly shiny, textured finish. The reason I originally didn't install it with the adhesive was because if the glare was bad, I was going to remove it and spray it flat black. Hasn't been an issue, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Also, they have several color options. I chose black because I don't like my brown interior and would like to eventually replace all of it with black interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshchewuhh View Post
I've had mine for about 2 years, and it hasn't warped through 2 summers of Georgia heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentradude View Post
Can you still get the instrument bezel out easily with the cover in place?
Yes, the lip of the cover doesn't go that far back where it curves down into the instrument bezel. You can access the hardware to remove the instrument cluster easily.

Also, here's a better picture showing where the cover ends by the climate controls. This is where I wish it came all the way down to the center console connection to be more fluid. Keep in mind it's not glued down, so it's slightly raised from the surface.

Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:34 AM   #12
Superfly
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshchewuhh View Post
They have a lifetime warranty against such a problem.

@ Cash - i may not use the adhesive also since fitment is so good.

As for reworking of the product for better fit... i couldn't say
Old 11-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #13
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
spray2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
someone should make a frp mold of that cover, and add the piece that is missing so it looks seamless.

I could do it, but I am afraid I would mess up the textured surface.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:10 PM   #14
Superfly
Leaky Injector

im tryna figure out how to post pictures on here of the finished product but have no clue(havent had to post pics in years). Help anyone?
Old 11-23-2015, 06:11 PM   #15
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
im tryna figure out how to post pictures on here of the finished product but have no clue(havent had to post pics in years). Help anyone?
make a photobucket account, upload the pic to photobucket, then copy the little img html button, and paste it in
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote