Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 07-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #61
Gunma_Dori

Trader Rating: (0)
Gunma_Dori is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When I was in basic they took my dream sheet and said I didn't need to fill one out. My base(Whiteman) was determined by my job haha I was planning to put down YOKOTA, MISAWA, KADENA...
Old 07-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #62
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Is Kunsan still crazy about mopp gear drills every other day?
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #63
North
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
North is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
When I was there, it was usually during exercises and war days. But man, when we did they were still pretty hardcore about it and shutdown the base.
North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #64
cgtdream
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
cgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond reputecgtdream has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Man this post is full of alot of confusing ass info that will get the OP fucked over pretty fast...

Firstly....If you put korea on your "straight outta basic" dream sheet you will either get it or you wont. And if you do get it chances are you wont get a follow on. Shit is just like one person said, just a random guess. But here is how to improve your chances of getting your end result. Either put....All japanese bases, open japan, and then kunsan or osan, then open korea. Nothing else. No stateside bases nothing. Just those options

If you get japan, good for you. If you get korea you have these options. Firstly, you will want to know all about your follow on crap. You mightve been told you were going to get one before you left tech school, maybe not.

Either way when you get to korea they will tell you that your choices will be decided off of your dream sheet info. Whatever just make sure your dream sheet still has all three japanese bases and open japan just in case. Take off korea bases at this point, FYI. Also you will part of a cycle of overseas and stateside windows. Ill post that info up when i get to work as well but what im getting at, is that you have to play off this thing known as the equals listing. Knowing the cycles helps you out at this point because overseas windows open up every so often and they list all the available jobs for all overseas bases within your career field. Same goes with the stateside window/choices.

For a new guy like you, i would just check the list every month and reason being is because if you notice there is an opening at a base you want(kadena, misawa, yokota), change your dream sheet to reflect that one. Put it at the top while keeping the others below. This also will work if you get bum-fucked into a stateside assignment straight outta tech-school.

Anywho, moving on....now if you are still stuck on the "follow-on" assignment thing or just want to up your choices then you are really suppose to go into the VMPF to select and update your follow on list, which is very differnt to your dream sheet listing. Now when you go and update this listing ONLY put the base you want..Just one..If it gets denied, they (randolph/APFC) will inform you to choose again. And just for good measure make sure it is either your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice on your dream sheet. Now when you submit this, it goes past your base level and command level, up and to randolph/afpc for approval. If it gets approved, you will be notified through your MPF.

Later today ill post how to's for those interested in this stuff, as i dont belive the info gets out there that much.

Obviously been a while since the OP has posted in this thread, but im hoping to clarify this fuck fest of a thread a bit and hope someone can actually get something out of it.

Also kadena sucks donkey balls now compared to what it used to be. All that base is now is a place for old heads to talk about the "good ol days" and leave the young new folks stuck in cycles that get them into trouble...aka, crashing cars, causing wrecks, speeding up down croweded roads, speeding tickets, etc etc..... The old heads dont teach or help as much, with a justification that is along the lines of..."they" dont want to listen..wtf ever...If you do happen to get kadena, look out for yourself and have fun. That is my advice. The car community is pretty divided btwn the two groups that i just mentioned. If i were you, get good friends btwn them both, and youll have an even better time.

Btw there is no real track or "working" dyno on okinawa. All you got are the illegal drags outside the main gate, and some po-dunk parking lots where ppl drift or "auto-cross?" Tuning shops are limited to your buddies and whatever the hell you can do on our own...

Last edited by cgtdream; 08-01-2011 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: For epic justice and truth to all newbs!!!
cgtdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:31 AM   #65
Jdelarmente

Jdelarmente is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to know where this guy is stationed at now?
Jdelarmente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #66
EvoVIII808
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
EvoVIII808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvoVIII808 Send a message via Yahoo to EvoVIII808
in kadena you have to go way up north. There is a track up there, i forget what the name of it is since i havnt been there for over a year now. There is a shop on the strip that is good (Oraha Beach)
Old 12-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #67
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (81)
Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Nago circuit is now closed for drifting. Only thing they are allowing now is drag (1/8th mile if that) and gymkhana.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #68
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2slide View Post
Nago circuit is now closed for drifting. Only thing they are allowing now is drag (1/8th mile if that) and gymkhana.
WTF? Closed off by the military or by the owner?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #69
WokeN

WokeN is an unknown quantity at this point
closed for drifting??? when was this?? wow... im not even going to extend now, putting in for misawa or yokota. or back to the states with a pile of parts. bokujyo is fun. but nago was 10x better .
WokeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #70
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
WTF? Closed off by the military or by the owner?
YUP. By the owner. Guess he was tired of all the tire chunks and no one ever cleaning up after themselves lol. Only allowing drag and gymkhana.

BUT, theres some meeting thats supposed to take place and they are trying to workout a deal.

Fuck man If only Kiyuna would cjarge a lil more at bokujyo to re-pave his lot, he would triple his money.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #71
ralphandthequeen
Zilvia Member

ralphandthequeen is an unknown quantity at this point
WHHHAAT!?!? close? that blows.. hope they can work SOMETHING out.. BITCHES BETTER POLICE CALL!!! hahaha
ralphandthequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #72
WokeN

WokeN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2slide View Post
YUP. By the owner. Guess he was tired of all the tire chunks and no one ever cleaning up after themselves lol. Only allowing drag and gymkhana.

BUT, theres some meeting thats supposed to take place and they are trying to workout a deal.

Fuck man If only Kiyuna would cjarge a lil more at bokujyo to re-pave his lot, he would triple his money.
this.

i say we get some quick crete out there for the time being at least..... there is a nasty pothole in the middle of the shoot. lost a rim already to that fucking pot hole.
WokeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #73
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelarmente View Post
I want to know where this guy is stationed at now?
Minot.
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #74
A54
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (40)
A54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
This thread Brings back memories...Good & Bad
A54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #75
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeN View Post
this.

i say we get some quick crete out there for the time being at least..... there is a nasty pothole in the middle of the shoot. lost a rim already to that fucking pot hole.
Shit, used that pothole to get better. Used that shit as reference to set me up for the apex. I started getting good at it and would shoot that between the front and back wheels.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #76
Mile6453
Leaky Injector

Mile6453 is an unknown quantity at this point
this is the original maker of this post. had to create a new account, blah blah blah.

I'm currently at Keesler for tech school. got my orders for a short tour in Korea after school
but I'm still curious about japan since that'll my choice of a follow on, hoping I get it -.-
Mile6453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #77
Jdelarmente

Lol. Keesler. Well what is your Job also if you get Misawa let me know. Im here till 2014 and i got a few buddies here also.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #78
Mile6453
Leaky Injector

Cyber Trans 3D1x2. Comms guy :-( not what i wanted to do but if it takes me to a place i'd like to go, i'll gladly do my job. no complaints i guess haha
I have a couple of friends going to Misawa in July. Same job as myself.

Is anyone on this thread at Osan? LMK
Old 02-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #79
Mile6453
Leaky Injector

Another question yall, is okinawayardsales.com and/or okinawa.bookoo.com run by military for military or is for locals?
Is there a similar website for areas around Yokota and Misawa?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #80
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
bookoo is pretty much all american and is also in Yokota and Misawa (though I'm not sure how active)

check out ????????????????? ?????? for more okinawa (its in Japanese)

and GaijinDrift and the forums there. (Misawa/some other parts of mainland)
Old 02-21-2012, 02:40 AM   #81
Jdelarmente

I know a few people in Comm because one of my friends wife works in Comm. Tell your friends if they are into cars to look me up when they get to misawa.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #82
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Bookoo is actually based out of TX. Every base pretty much has its own version for that area, just a matter of how many people actually use it.

As far as your job, you got a good chance of going to Kadena more than anywhere else. Kadena's cyber transport shop is huge, when i left, they had about 60 folks and expecting to balloon up to 100-120. Basically mixed in the Cable Dawgs and some networking folks.

As far as Osan, I know a guy who's in Zeroyon that is already there. He's also a MSgt cyber transport guy...least I'm pretty sure he's doing that job after the merger. He became an ALS/NCO instructor the last couple years before I left. Look him up in Zeroyon...SN: 535iturbo, his name is TJ and he is in Korea already. Just shoot him a PM (flip Ray) and tell him I sent you if you got some questions.

Also, you want to go to Yokota as your first pick. Toss up now between Misawa and Kadena for your second since Okinawa is starting to get more and more car modding UNFRIENDLY. I'm hearing that one of the 2 semi-legal (semi legal because AF is illegal to drift ANYWHERE, even our local "track") drift spots we got shut down...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #83
Mile6453
Leaky Injector

I'd prefer to not go to Kadena since I hear so much negative stuff about it but I hate cold weather so Misawa doesn't seem the best either. But I'd rather go to Misawa since it's mainland as well. It just sucks to know that nothing is guaranteed and to get your hopes up is shitty.
Well damn, I guess I'll just do my time in Korea with 2 of my best friends and see what comes out of it in the end. If I make it to Japan, I'll check to see if any of you are there at the same time. hahaha
Old 02-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #84
TOMKAIRA93
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
TOMKAIRA93 is making a name for him/her selfTOMKAIRA93 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm at Kadena on my second tour. First tour was in 2002-2006 as military and now i'm here as a civilian since 2010. The scene here has changed dramatically, for sure! Like it was mentioned above, the place I used to drift at is now closed (Nago). Went there one weekend to show my 6 year old what's up, but it was closed, I couldn't beleive it! Hardly any good shops for parts like there used to be, but you can still find some. I live near Up Garage, but there's hardly anything good and if you want to order something from mainland, it'll cost you a few bucks more because of shipping.

You can get any car here in okinawa, but it'll cost you more because they all come from mainland, this if you are buying from the dealer. You may get lucky if you buy one from someone on base for a decent price. Just an example: on my first tour, I bought my S13 Silvia Tommy Kaira edition for $1300 (red top)! It was auto, but I converted it to manual for $500. Now days, you'll be paying over $5000 for a decent s13 or 180sx.

Okinawa as a place is pretty decent, but the base ops tempo is nuts! The trade off of coming to okinawa is that you'll have good weather year round. It'll rain, but it won't snow and the cold season only lasts about 2 months, but it won't be really cold, so that's your trade off. If you go to mainland, it gets cold as heck!!!! But you have access to more cars, parts and tracks...chicks look better too! lol

Anyhow, good luck on you decision and please don't let any of our comments discourage you from anything. I still like it here on Okinawa and will be here for another two years...it's bearable to say the least.

Peace!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #85
Mile6453
Leaky Injector

^^ thanks for the input. might be one of the few people that have said Okinawa is actually a nice place to be. Flight Chief here in tech school said it was pretty much "Poor man's Hawaii" but it was exactly the same, just less popular.

Well I already put in for my follow-on bases; Yokota first and Misawa second. If I don't get Japan, then I don't really care where I go lol. I'll make the best of it.

BTW, is anyone out at Osan?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #86
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

NM about TJ, no clue if he's in Kunsan or Osan. For some reason, he's showing in global at both bases for some reason.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #87
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Misawa

Whats up man, are you on GJ?

I'm heading to Misawa in 3 months. Cant wait to get there. Fuck okinawa.