Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 05-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Rumormill: 2012 Nissan GT-R upgraded to over 500 hp

05-17-2010 06:58 PM

Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Nissan, Rumormill

Nissan GT-R - Click above for high-res image gallery

We're beginning to hear the first rumblings about the next round of updates to the Nissan GT-R, and if the rumors are to be believed, Nissan's goal of keeping pace with the refreshed Porsche 911 Turbo (and its S sibling) will continue through the 2012 model year.

As with its German counterpart, the R35 is expected to undergo a host of evolutionary changes, including some reworked aero bits, suspension and brake upgrades, and a retuned 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 that's likely to output over 500 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque.

The exterior updates will likely be limited to a new front splitter, rear diffuser and a revised wing, all in an effort to increase downforce and drop lap times. And about those lap times...

We've heard from our sources on the ground in Germany that the revised GT-R underwent a new round of testing at the Nurburgring last month and that the newly estimated lap times were (of course) below the original GT-R's 7:26 run. How low? We're hoping to find out when it arrives early next year.

Gallery: Review: 2010 Nissan GT-R

Photos by Drew Phillips / Copyright (C)2009 Weblogs, Inc.Rumormill: 2012 Nissan GT-R upgraded to over 500 hp originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 17 May 2010 19:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink*|*Email this*|*Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
Exclusive Nights

Exclusive Nights is an unknown quantity at this point
well people are tuning these things... so if they arent bas ass people will make them bad ass sooner or later... well they are losing value fast so i would only imagine that more and more parts will come out for them and they will get cheaper to
Exclusive Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
Number1
BANNED

Number1 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow crazy 10 sec car with few bolt ons not even
Number1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1 View Post
wow crazy 10 sec car with few bolt ons not even
Z06's have been doing this for a while now

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yeah, don't expect to see used GTR's going for cheap anytime soon.

Z06's on the other hand depreciate so fast it makes little sense to buy new.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #6
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Yeah, don't expect to see used GTR's going for cheap anytime soon.

Z06's on the other hand depreciate so fast it makes little sense to buy new.
Ya I would tend to agree with this. Contrary to what a certain post above tried to say. GTR's are not dropping in value drastically, there are not enough of them out there for that.

Now Vette's on the other hand there are a lot of them. I would watch out though buying a used one. I am still not convinced that GM has the fit and finish situation squared away yet. I know as of just a couple of years ago a 2 year old Vette was starting to rattle apart interior wise and whatnot.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
GM: Reliable motors, unreliable interiors.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #8
TravisSW
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
TravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TravisSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ya I would tend to agree with this. Contrary to what a certain post above tried to say. GTR's are not dropping in value drastically, there are not enough of them out there for that.

Now Vette's on the other hand there are a lot of them. I would watch out though buying a used one. I am still not convinced that GM has the fit and finish situation squared away yet. I know as of just a couple of years ago a 2 year old Vette was starting to rattle apart interior wise and whatnot.
I work for Chevy and lots of Vettes have a recall to fix some of the rattles. Main one is the top that can come off. Other than that, they just come in for little stupid stuff and it isn't that often. Not saying Chevy is the greatest, but they don't seem to be that bad. Then yet, my Chevy is one of the top notch ones in Cali.

Wouldn't drive one though unless if it was a Camero or a new Aveo that I'd rally out hahahaha.

Vettes in them selves are just noisy and creaky as fuck. Just get used to it or buy a Camero which IMO. I love more than the Vettes.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:27 AM   #9
E-Warrior
BANNED

E-Warrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Z06's have been doing this for a while now

Now the '11 GT Mustang is doing it lol. HIgh ten seconds with a professional driver. Mid 10s with a small shot of nitrous
E-Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
jdhariwal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jdhariwal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dude, forget the GTR. Its price doesn't entertain us average people, even some of us who are well off. The new Mustang on the other hand, 300 horses and 31 mpg?!?! HELL YEAH!
jdhariwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #11
Ares240SX
Leaky Injector

Ares240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
The new Mustang has a 305HP V6 which gets 31MPG and a 412HP 5.0 V8 which gets 26MPG. Not bad.
Ares240SX is offline   Reply With Quote