Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #1501
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
damn that chinese car looks pretty nice. any front end shots?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #1502
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It's probably FWD. The Chinese auto manufacturers do everything half ass. Why would this be any different. lol.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #1503
Slow SR20

Trader Rating: (0)
Slow SR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slow SR20
I thought that car has been out? if it is the one I am thinking of, if you get in a wreck, you are dead.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #1504
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
well with nissans announcement yesterday to lay off 20,000 employees...i wouldnt count on much about the new "SX" being said anytime soon

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #1505
Headsick
Leaky Injector

Headsick is an unknown quantity at this point
They also said in the same breath that they still are planning on up to 10 NEW vehicles per year.
Headsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #1506
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
well with nissans announcement yesterday to lay off 20,000 employees...i wouldnt count on much about the new "SX" being said anytime soon
hahaha awesome

the auto industry is going downnnnnn down down

180sx for life
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #1507
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
damn that chinese car looks pretty nice. any front end shots?
Pfft. I bet you it has the impact resistance of a styrofoam cup.

Quote:
I don't think so. They're still planning on cutting off truck and SUVs from their lineup. They have to replace that with small fuel efficient vehicles. The SX would fit nicely. The biggest problem is building it in Japan because they have to pay their workers in Yens (which is high compared to other places). They could just build it here or in Mexico.

Additionally a company still has to remain attractive and competitive in the marketplace, even when times are tough or its going to dig itself into a bigger whole. Bringing the SX will allow them to do this. They cant just throw their hands up in the air and call it quits. They have to continue to bring new products to the marketplace that are in the demand. Affordable, small, fuel efficient vehicles is where its at.

Quote:
REPORT: Nissan projects $2.9B loss, announces 20,000 job cuts
by Chris Paukert on Feb 9th 2009 at 10:27AM

Nissan hasn't posted an annual loss in nine years, but the automaker is poised to take a big hit on its 2008 earnings, and like the rest of the industry, it is scrambling to restructure. The Japanese carmaker is expected to report a $2.9 billion shortfall, prompting Carlos Ghosn and his team to chop 20,000 jobs – fully 8.5 percent of its employees worldwide. Some of the job losses will be arrived at through early retirement packages and the ending of temporary worker contracts, but most will be out-and-out layoffs. The personnel cuts will leave Nissan with 215,000 workers globally and take place now through March of 2010.

Nissan's planned cuts are markedly more aggressive than those employed by other Japanese automakers, suggesting that Japan's third-largest automaker is even more pessimistic about the potential for near-term economic gains. That appears to be particularly true in its domestic market, where the strong Yen and other factors have conspired to result in 12,000 of the planned job losses. Thanks for the tip, Karen!

[Source: Associated Press via ClockOnDetroit]
Old 02-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #1508
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Ow and just when I was trying to get a marketing internship with Nissan
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #1509
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Pfft. I bet you it has the impact resistance of a styrofoam cup.

I don't think so. They're still planning on cutting off truck and SUVs from their lineup. They have to replace that with small fuel efficient vehicles. The SX would fit nicely. The biggest problem is building it in Japan because they have to pay their workers in Yens (which is high compared to other places). They could just build it here or in Mexico.

Additionally a company still has to remain attractive and competitive in the marketplace, even when times are tough or its going to dig itself into a bigger whole. Bringing the SX will allow them to do this. They cant just throw their hands up in the air and call it quits. They have to continue to bring new products to the marketplace that are in the demand. Affordable, small, fuel efficient vehicles is where its at.
I'm torn. I'm on the fence now whether this car is going to happen sooner or later.

Oh well...I can't really afford one at the moment anyway.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #1510
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I say look at the competition, the genesis is already out. When is the toyo/suby car due to hit? Look at those two factors and try to figure out a rough time line.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #1511
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
I say look at the competition, the genesis is already out. When is the toyo/suby car due to hit? Look at those two factors and try to figure out a rough time line.
The SubaYota has been put on hold until 2012 now. And that was officially announced. Who knows when Nissan will decide to go through with the car now. I really don't think this recession will last more then another year. After that manufacturers should be rushing to get new vehicles out. So maybe 2012 model year is realistic.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #1512
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The SubaYota has been put on hold until 2012 now. And that was officially announced. Who knows when Nissan will decide to go through with the car now. I really don't think this recession will last more then another year. After that manufacturers should be rushing to get new vehicles out. So maybe 2012 model year is realistic.
Hm are my theories

1. The genesis does great in sales. People are eating it up left and right. Knowing the Tobaru comes out in 2012, build up anticipation in 2009 and release 2010.

2. Exact opposite. Genesis sits on lots. People hate the fuck out of it. Hold car off until competiton starts building up hype for their (probably late 2010). Do the same beat the competition to market. 2011 Which means it will be released in 2011.

3. Same as above but wait on the Tobaru, which means 2012
Old 02-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #1513
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
^-- I agree. I have yet to see a Genesis Coupe on the road over here...so I don't know if it's selling great. With that said, I don't see Nissan or Toyota rushing to release a competitor in a segment that is not doing so well as a whole.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #1514
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
drift freaq

pics of current car
Pics of how it is prior to going under the knife? Just look at my Gallery for what it was before. Pics of it now? Well those will come in the weeks to come. Seeing as its going to be in a build state for the next month or two. Glass out paint and engine bay among other things tends to slow down the put it back together process. Ad to that the actual heart is being transplanted. In the end people will either love it or hate it. Though it will be done right.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #1515
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
i have faith in your car

can't wait to see it done
Old 02-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #1516
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
I saw a video review in Korean of the genesis coupe both the 2.0L and the 3.8L V6... the reviewer didn't seem impressed with either.

check it out:
YouTube - Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 review part.01 (ENG subtitle)

Quote:
Hm are my theories

1. The genesis does great in sales. People are eating it up left and right. Knowing the Tobaru comes out in 2012, build up anticipation in 2009 and release 2010.

2. Exact opposite. Genesis sits on lots. People hate the fuck out of it. Hold car off until competiton starts building up hype for their (probably late 2010). Do the same beat the competition to market. 2011 Which means it will be released in 2011.

3. Same as above but wait on the Tobaru, which means 2012
I'm just thinking who spends that kind of money on a Hyundai? I mean who goes "Hey, I want a sports car, lets go to the Hyundai dealership".. I think they have a lot to learn before they can compete with Nissan.

I just feel the reviews would have to be amazing for people to even notice them.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #1517
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
I saw a video review in Korean of the genesis coupe both the 2.0L and the 3.8L V6... the reviewer didn't seem impressed with either.

check it out:

I'm just thinking who spends that kind of money on a Hyundai? I mean who goes "Hey, I want a sports car, lets go to the Hyundai dealership".. I think they have a lot to learn before they can compete with Nissan.

I just feel the reviews would have to be amazing for people to even notice them.
I would. Because I know what I like. And what I like is a RWD coupe that is dependable and fun to drive. I'm not sure how fun it is to drive because I haven't driven one. But, if I was in the market I would definitely test drive one.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #1518
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
the genesis is not out stateside yet...its not due out til may/june i believe

and from what ive seen of that car...its selling like MAD in the countries its been released in already

Old 02-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #1519
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
Quote:

and from what ive seen of that car...its selling like MAD in the countries its been released in already
that's what I thought too.

I think they look snazzy. I know I WILL test drive one ASAP. hyundai financing and 100k mile warranty? yeah. might have to get one, then trade in 3 years later when SX comes out, haha.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #1520
lflkajfj12123

Quote:

check it out:

i love that video hahaha
Old 02-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #1521
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
I thought the same thing at first too, until I saw the car. I mean its a good looking car that is RWD and boosted. Its completly different from what hynudai usually makes, so its getting attention.

Kind of like when that nerdy girl with the big glasses and froofy hair, puts in her contacts, throws on some make up and fixes her hair, suddenly she's fine.

Quote:

This is why I believe what I do. There is no way Nissan is just going to sit back and watch this happen, when they have a chance to act. If they announce a RWD boosted car, they can actually use the Genesis along with the GTR to propel its own hype. I can imagine alot of uninformed consumers reaction about hearing about an affordable sports car from Hyundai, confusion, the curiosity. However it came from Nissan I think alot of people would see this "From the people that brought you the GTR comes...." which is instant ball sack attachment. So if I was Nissan, I would definitely be trying to use the genesis's hype to build boost for my own product.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:20 AM   #1522
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

well chicago auto show starts tomorrow for media previews

if someone is attending...for the love of FUK...find a nissan exec and bug the SHIT outta them for info on the new 240sx replacement

i just had an idea for what the title of the car MIGHT be...perhaps "Nissan GTS Coupe"? or even the "GT-SX"

Old 02-11-2009, 01:51 AM   #1523
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

soooooooooooooo....upon digging thru the trademark database tonight...i ran across a few model names for nissans and infinitis that caught my attention...here they are in no particular order...

I35, EX25, I25, G30D, Essence, M25, I40, I20

all of these trademarks are currently alive and active...and were registered within the last year or two...makes me kinda wonder about the I20, I25, M25 and EX25 badges hmmmmmmmmmm

funny thing is...the 200sx and 240sx trademarks are still live and active...and so is G20

Old 02-11-2009, 05:22 AM   #1524
Headsick
Leaky Injector

Headsick is an unknown quantity at this point
EX 25 would peobably be a small suv, since that's what the EX is. THE I35 would be a sedan, based on the maxima, since the I30/I35 were both maxima based sedans. Not that they can't change things, I just don't forsee them doing so. I sould see G20, G25, or M20/M25 happening with an s-chassis based car. Especially since the plan is a shortened FM platform, which is what the G37 is.
Headsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #1525
Future240
Future Moderator

The essence catches my attention. That sounds like a code name
Old 02-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #1526
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
well chicago auto show starts tomorrow for media previews

if someone is attending...for the love of FUK...find a nissan exec and bug the SHIT outta them for info on the new 240sx replacement
I'm going next weekend. I'll see if I can hunt anyone down.

Quote:
soooooooooooooo....upon digging thru the trademark database tonight...i ran across a few model names for nissans and infinitis that caught my attention...here they are in no particular order...

I35, EX25, I25, G30D, Essence, M25, I40, I20

all of these trademarks are currently alive and active...and were registered within the last year or two...makes me kinda wonder about the I20, I25, M25 and EX25 badges hmmmmmmmmmm

funny thing is...the 200sx and 240sx trademarks are still live and active...and so is G20
I20 and I25 sound like prime Infiniti nameplates for their version of the SX.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 AM   #1527
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
i just had an idea for what the title of the car MIGHT be...perhaps "Nissan GTS Coupe"? or even the "GT-SX"
I believe Toyota owns the rights to the GTS nameplate.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:55 AM   #1528
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I'm going next weekend. I'll see if I can hunt anyone down.
mel you better pester them so much that they have to have security throw you outta that place

Old 02-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #1529
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
I believe Toyota owns the rights to the GTS nameplate.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope...ever heard of a Skyline GTS or GTS-T???

Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #1530
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope...ever heard of a Skyline GTS or GTS-T???
Don't they have to register it in the US as well?