Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #3601
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I wonder if that turbo 4 will find its way into th baby z.....
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #3602
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
I am not really digging the new IS. Especially front nose part.

Lexus IS Luxury Performance Sedan | 2014 | lexus.com
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #3603
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Here's a breakdown of the new Infiniti nomenclature. Basically everything will be a Q going forward and the SUV's will be QX's. So it'll just be a Q37 or Q25 or whatever it is. I'm hoping though that the smaller displacement Q's are actually a smaller car then the Q replacing the G. Not holding my breath though.
Oh I know about that part (Q and QX), my curiosity was around the nameplate for the drivetrain included.

For example, would the Q50 with a diesel be called "Q50d" and the turbo 4 labeled "Q50 2.0t"? It appears they are not relating the number to actual displacement anymore. The president came from Audi and he was also the guy behind the A4, A6, A8 etc. nomenclature.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #3604
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
I wonder how they will labeled the car to differentiate the engine. Merc engines in a Nissan just sounds odd.
Really? Then you don't know much about Nissan engine history. LOL Fact is the L Series was an engine line that NIssan bought from Mercedes in the Early Sixties because they had issues with it and decided not to pursue it. Nissan actually ironed out the Issues and made a very robust line of Engines. Among some of the engine lines that are direct descendant of the L Series are NapsZ aka LZ, KA, RB and CA. So this is not as odd as you think. Its actually full circle.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #3605
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Oh I know about that part (Q and QX), my curiosity was around the nameplate for the drivetrain included.

For example, would the Q50 with a diesel be called "Q50d" and the turbo 4 labeled "Q50 2.0t"? It appears they are not relating the number to actual displacement anymore. The president came from Audi and he was also the guy behind the A4, A6, A8 etc. nomenclature.
No, they are. There is an article about the Q37.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #3606
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Really? Then you don't know much about Nissan engine history. LOL Fact is the L Series was an engine line that NIssan bought from Mercedes in the Early Sixties because they had issues with it and decided not to pursue it. Nissan actually ironed out the Issues and made a very robust line of Engines. Among some of the engine lines that are direct descendant of the L Series are NapsZ aka LZ, KA, RB and CA. So this is not as odd as you think. Its actually full circle.
Meh.... kinda.

Some people think the L-series is an MB mill, but it's not. It was just based off some MB design features from that time.

Nissan/Datsun L Series Engines
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #3607
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
No, they are. There is an article about the Q37.

Link?

Infiniti has just confused me now lol
Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #3608
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Meh.... kinda.

Some people think the L-series is an MB mill, but it's not. It was just based off some MB design features from that time.

Nissan/Datsun L Series Engines
It came from the MB mil, being based off it even proves it in your own words above. In fact if you look at Mercedes 4 cylinder engine from the 1960 model it looks nearly identical to the L series. You post a page written by a a guy in 2007. God only knows how old he is.
It does have quite a bit of correct info but he does not really cover the original design origin of the L series. When you have 30 plus years Nissan experience you can start arguing with me about this. I have it straight from Nissan techs that taught me.

Please don't try to start proving me wrong on the vintage stuff Corbic I was into these cars before you were even born.

Ya you went and made me pull the age card!

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #3609
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
It came from the MB mil,l being based off it even proves it in your own words above. In fact if you look at Mercedes 4 cylinder engine from the 1960 model it looks nearly identical to the L series. You post a page written by a a guy in 2007. God only knows how old he is. When you have 30 plus years Nissan experience you can start arguing with me about this. I have it straight from Nissan techs that taught me.

Please don't try to start proving me wrong on the vintage stuff Corbic I was into these cars before you were even born.

Ya you went and made me pull the age card!
Not arguing with you, just pointing out that Nissan was licensed at one time to build the MB engine and the L20 was an in house effort, not simply a straight up copy.

To many people say the L24 was a Mercedes engine, to the point that I should expect to pop the hood and see the Benz star on it.

Buick 350 and Chevy 350 look almost identical... but their not.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #3610
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Not arguing with you, just pointing out that Nissan was licensed at one time to build the MB engine and the L20 was an in house effort, not simply a straight up copy.

To many people say the L24 was a Mercedes engine, to the point that I should expect to pop the hood and see the Benz star on it.

Buick 350 and Chevy 350 look almost identical... but their not.
But you are arguing. Fact is the L20B and A were designed after the L16.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #3611
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
That IS' taillights look like someone click-dragged too long on the lower corner while designing it. Like he sneezed or some shit before he let go.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #3612
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Link?

Infiniti has just confused me now lol
I just tried searching for it (on autoblog which has the worst search) and didn't find it. I either read an article about it or saw a placard at the Detroit Auto Show that said it. I can't remember now.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #3613
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Quote:
I just tried searching for it (on autoblog which has the worst search) and didn't find it. I either read an article about it or saw a placard at the Detroit Auto Show that said it. I can't remember now.
I don't like this new naming system. I think of Audi when Q comes to mind.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #3614
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
I don't like this new naming system. I think of Audi when Q comes to mind.
Same here.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #3615
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
Quote:
That IS' taillights look like someone click-dragged too long on the lower corner while designing it. Like he sneezed or some shit before he let go.
Ha ha ha ha. Yeah right when I saw that I was thinking the same thing. Way too long.

I can live with the rest of the car though.
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #3616
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Saw the new IS in person at the auto show. DAMN that front end is horrendous. I have no idea wtf Toyota was thinking when they designed it.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #3617
tqstarburst
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
tqstarburst is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just saw this S3K rendering.....YUUUUMM!!
I'd def buy it.
tqstarburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #3618
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tqstarburst View Post
Just saw this S3K rendering.....YUUUUMM!!
I'd def buy it.
S3K? Is it coming out on year 3000? LOL..

I guess they are putting V6?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #3619
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
So they put a yellow Honda sign on a edited lotus
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #3620
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I'll never like seeing the beautiful Essence bastardized into a bloated midsize 4 door.

Nissan and Infiniti would both be miles ahead of the segment if they had just built it.

They show us the Essence, everyone and their dog loves it but its just a design study. Then they show us the Juke, we hear a unanimous meh the world over and seemingly the next day they are in showrooms.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #3621
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post

keep this up and you're gonna get me in trouble. I just blurted out the loudest laugh ever that it startled some people (I'm at work).
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #3622
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
We Hear: Toyota Planning Rear-Drive Four-Door Hatch with $20,000 Price - WOT on Motor Trend

This could have the potential to be epic. Though a little sadden at 150HP engine. Even the KA has more.
What's most important thought is it's RWD. Toyota has learned RWD will sell which could (hopefully) send a clear message to the rest of the auto makers.

Edit: The rumor first came in 2010
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/10/r...morate-naruse/
Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #3623
Future240
Future Moderator

I know the comments he makes are old now, but did anyone catch where Nico was having a huge debate basically about the same thing that we are now and Andy Palmer made an account and posted? It's 3 posts in all. Page 6 and 7.

Why Nissan NEEDS an Affordable RWD Sports Car : General Chat - Page 6
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #3624
19kouki98
Leaky Injector

19kouki98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Think this says it best haha. Honestly don't know what Lexus was thinking. Looks like they're just trying to hard.
19kouki98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #3625
Corbic
Post Whore!

I was totally pumped about the CLA - $29k, gorgeous looking and available turbo 2.0!?! WHAT

Then I heard it was FWD and threw up. Overpriced Passat CC.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #3626
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

I'm offended that he went to NICO and not here, haha. Nonetheless, cruising through those comments, we've covered long before they have. Therefore, we are smarter.

Still cool of him to actually do that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I know the comments he makes are old now, but did anyone catch where Nico was having a huge debate basically about the same thing that we are now and Andy Palmer made an account and posted? It's 3 posts in all. Page 6 and 7.

Why Nissan NEEDS an Affordable RWD Sports Car : General Chat - Page 6
Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #3627
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
I was totally pumped about the CLA - $29k, gorgeous looking and available turbo 2.0!?! WHAT

FWD? I didn't know Benz knew how to make FWD vehicles...

None of their vehicles are FWD that I know of till now... WTF..
Old 02-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #3628
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
FWD? I didn't know Benz knew how to make FWD vehicles...

None of their vehicles are FWD that I know of till now... WTF..

Mercedes has done a good job hiding these abortions from US Consumers.

While MB is the corner stone of luxury in America, in the rest of the world you can get 1.2l diesels pulling 4,000lb cars with no A/C and cloth seats that runs taxi duty.

Same is true for BMW.

The CLA is based off the A-class platform. Rumor is the next BMW-1 will be FWD/Mini based as well.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #3629
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

Ah, lame. I was excited for it too. Mane that sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
We Hear: Toyota Planning Rear-Drive Four-Door Hatch with $20,000 Price - WOT on Motor Trend

This could have the potential to be epic. Though a little sadden at 150HP engine. Even the KA has more.
What's most important thought is it's RWD. Toyota has learned RWD will sell which could (hopefully) send a clear message to the rest of the auto makers.

Edit: The rumor first came in 2010
Report: Toyota considering RWD hatch to commemorate Naruse
The HP doesn't sound accurate for a sporty RWD sedan, but that's the segment that Ive been waiting for.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #3630
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Mercedes has done a good job hiding these abortions from US Consumers.

While MB is the corner stone of luxury in America, in the rest of the world you can get 1.2l diesels pulling 4,000lb cars with no A/C and cloth seats that runs taxi duty.

Same is true for BMW.

The CLA is based off the A-class platform. Rumor is the next BMW-1 will be FWD/Mini based as well.
Oh.. NVMD I remember seeing hideous A class in Canada which is FWD also..