Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 10-16-2003, 03:04 AM   #1
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what do you think of the SCCA

so what do you guys think of it? I was thinking about signing up sometime in the future just for kicks and something to do, plus won't have to worry about speeding tickets. But some people i've talked to have said that the SCCA has too many rules and regulations which takes the fun out of it, for thouse whom are SCCA members what do you think of it?
SilviaNinja240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2003, 09:25 AM   #2
240Dave
Zilvia Member

240Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
I've never heard 'signing up with the scca' and 'just for kicks' in the same sencence before...

I assume your going to be doing auto-x? If your going to do club racing, it can't be just for kicks...I've yet to meet someone to will spend 5k+++++ for a club race car and hundreds per race for ****s and giggles.
You can't avoid rules in racing, I don't think other orginizations are much worse than the scca except the scca seems to have more political issues...then again, they are the largest.

check out www.nasaproracing.com you can do HPDE's just for kicks.
240Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 09:28 AM   #3
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i know what he means 'just for kicks'
i want to do it just for fun. not for competition. just improve as a driver and such. even i get raped in the class (due to my car's setup and suspension etc) its ok, because its fun just to beat your own times and so forth

i say go for it!

yes i think he means SCCA auto-x
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 11:36 AM   #4
MovinUp-1
Zilvia Member

MovinUp-1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Silvia Ninja 240, you're in one of the largest SCCA regions in the country. In your area you can have your pick of several different events to attend in a given day. SCCA is a great organization. You will have fun with them, trust me. I've been a member of the SCCA since 1995, was my region's newsletter editor for two years, regional executive for one year, and a board member for three more years. In any organization there will be politics. The bigger the group, the more politics there will be. But this really doesn't concern the casual member who's just there to race. If you don't want to get involved with the organization in that way then you'll probably never see any of the politics. Go have fun!
MovinUp-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 03:02 PM   #5
SilviaNinja240
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enoughSilviaNinja240 will become famous soon enough
awsome, I'll check it out then
SilviaNinja240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 12:31 AM   #6
TBreu007
Leaky Injector

Location: Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son...
TBreu007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TBreu007
Save up about 4K, buy an Improved Touring race car and come out and race wheel to wheel. SCCA is the biggest, least expensive and I think the best racing organization in the US.
TBreu007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 01:14 AM   #7
SpeedMonkeyInc
Zilvia FREAK!

SpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedMonkeyInc has a reputation beyond repute
The SCCA is a great way just to get track time. Solo2 is cheap and easy. Alot of people say " why spend 30 bucks for just three runs? " Well, I say its track time, and thats better than nothing. If you have too many mods, you go to the catch all class SM.( Street Mod ) There you have no chance of winning anything so just have fun!
I have been autoxing for some time now and my skills as a driver have improved ALOT. Worth it I say.
SpeedMonkeyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 05:08 PM   #8
LanceS13
AutoX Junkie

LanceS13 is making a name for him/her selfLanceS13 is making a name for him/her self
Actually, it's not too hard to over-prepare for SM if you don't know the rules. The catch all class is EM where the only rules is the engine is over 2000cc and the car can't weight less than 1500lbs. Imagine running against a 10rpm 3-rotor powered tube chassis that vaguely resembles a Miata.

But you're right about the having fun and getting seat time. I think it's a pretty cool organization. You can have fun driving and learning and hang out all day with people that are just as nuts about cars/racing as you are.
LanceS13 is offline   Reply With Quote