Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 02-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
StantonTyler

Trader Rating: (0)
StantonTyler is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stationed in Okinawa

Hey guys, i'm fresh in the Army and leaving for Okinawa next week after the OBC finishes up here (Ft. Lee, VA). I'm super excited about it, as it was my first choice. I'm going to be at Kadena, if any of you guys know the area.

Anyway, I plan to buy a 89-91 R32 GT-R from mainland Japan and have it shipped to Okinawa. I plan to bring it back to the states after my tour and I've heard that mainland cars suffer much less from rust issues. Have any of you guys had experience buying and shipping a car in Japan? I'd like to chat with someone with a bit of experience in this field.

Anyway, good to meet you guys.

Tyler
StantonTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
StantonTyler

Trader Rating: (0)
StantonTyler is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm currently looking at this vehicle:
http://www.monkys.jp/e/db_doc/BNR32-BK8.php

I'm not sure which sources are credible places to purchase from. I'm concerned about forking out $$$ then having a business tell me they don't know what i'm talking about when I ask where my car is.
StantonTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Jump on the local forum, Zeroyon.com. You got options as for how to buy cars from mainland. Personally, I would contact Bill at B&M and see if he can find you an R32 from mainland. Problem is, prices for them are spiking due to the whole 25 yr car rule.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Depending on where the car was in mainland it may or may not have rust issues. None will be as bad as Oki rust, but having brought a vehicle to Oki from mainland, It will not be exempt from rust. After 3 months I started to notice rust spots that werent there before. It would be cheaper if you can find cars not listed on Goo, and other online sources. The prices are starting to increase. Shipping a car is easy, prices depends on port and who is doing the work for you. Obviously the more friends you have and amount of Nihongo you speak can get you a better deal. Chances are you will not be burned by a Japanese person in Japan. Personally I'd wait until your about to leave and buy a GT-R built to what you had in mind. No point buying a rust "free" car to an Island for 3 yrs IMO.

Last edited by MADE; 11-04-2013 at 08:50 AM..
MADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:26 AM   #5
ejkisela
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
ejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Did you get on ZY yet? Did you get a car?
ejkisela is offline   Reply With Quote