Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Meditation

Who here meditates?

Im in the situation where I always have crap on my mind, and i find it hard to concentrate on things im bored with/or dislike doing.. people getting on me, and having tons of things to do just eventually lead me to poor concentration on things I need to do *look for a job, study material etc* and it was suggested to me to try meditation.

Advice or tips would be welcomed. Just seeing who else does it, should it help me?
Old 02-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
My parents are real into this, they really feel it helps them, I have yet to legitimately try it.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
daryl337
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
daryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura aboutdaryl337 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to daryl337
Why yes, I've tried masterba- oh. Wait.

Nvm.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I meditate from time to time. I do not do as often as I should. Its a real stress reliever. If you go for a hard run and only concentrate on the running, it will have a meditative effect.
Of course its better to do that on trails outdoors its just not the same on a treadmill. LOL

I find quite often when I am stressed out and I go for a run in the afternoon/evening I feel a lot more relaxed and not bothered by the days issues.
Running like meditating takes discipline.

If you are beginner at it meditating only try to do it for 5-10 minutes. Which will seem like eons. LOL
Once you get used to it you can go longer. I used to do it more than I do know. Of course up until a few months ago I would run on an almost daily basis.
I should get back into it( the meditating).

I will get back into the running as soon as I can. After I eliminate the Siatica.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
xsidewayzx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
xsidewayzx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Oops! Double post...sorry

Electronic Warfare Sergeant
xsidewayzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
xsidewayzx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
xsidewayzx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My type of meditation is running in the trail by myself. Appreciating the environment, being one with earth. LOL! Minus the last part.

Electronic Warfare Sergeant
xsidewayzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I would say a good way to start out would be just to close your eyes,
sit in a comfortable position, breathe regularly, and focus on your breathing.
Lot of ppl also think counting the breathing helps.
Keep in mind it's not the same thing as spacing out (might as well be taking a nap).

I think that meditation is just about clearing your mind by hyper-focusing on one thing.
It can be a great way to relax and clear your mind of anxieties.

'Tai Chi' is the closest thing that works for me as meditation.

nothing helps me relax mind and body so well

ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #8
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yea as others have said, they way i best "meditate" is through doing something physical that i can focus completely on and clear my mind. Surfing, snowboarding, skating, running, etc. I am not very good at clearing my mind without doing a physical activity.

that being said it does wonders for relaxing me and getting my head right.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tai Chi is very good for me... it's a good workout if done right as well..

if I need to hyperfocus on a task like studying. I've found brainsync very helpful in studying for my classes. If you want some mp3's of it to sample I'll be glad to send you some. Need headphones for it though.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #10
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
I for one like to put on a Raga fresh out of the shower and lay spread eagle, butt naked, in the middle of my floor.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Sounds dope^ I need to try this lol.

For me meditation should just be nothingness. Not physical activity or thinking about running or anything else just meditation
Old 02-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
Devius
Zilvia Member

Devius is an unknown quantity at this point
I do this pretty often. Maybe not in the "Traditional" way as others might, like feng shui, taichi, etc. What i like to do is turn off all the lights, turn on theopod player and play alot of smooth instrumentals (Shin-ski, Nujabes, Fat john, minmi, etc.) and just chill. helps me relieve stress and calms my nerves. id probably be bald right now if it wasnt for that
Devius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #13
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
I meditate. Because of my career i come across all different types of mediation or people who practice. There really are two extreme's: the ones who go over the top with it, and the ones who lose the initial meaning of a true mediation.

boding balls are a good way for the first-timer to get into mediation. Guided mediation can be good as well, although for me its just irritating and for some reason brings out anger issues. Good luck on your quest! Only YOU can find what works for YOU!
fyneyoungstunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:31 AM   #14
KOUKIboy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
KOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-knownKOUKIboy is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I always sit in a dead quiet room, and be with myself with my thoughts, meditation always helps me take my stress away and I can also feel more relaxed throughout my day...Namaste......
Old 02-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #15
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Sometimes I go sit on a cliff over the beach, and watch waves coming in.

I also watch dolphins being lazy, and paragliders.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote