Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
To all trendy low car drivers

Much of the 240sx (and other car) communites pride themselves with the art of being low. These low car drivers don't seem to have a name for said style choice. In other car communites, these "low car drivers" are called lowriders. What I am wondering is why the portion of the 240sx community who enjoy having their cars low don't talk with the term "lowrider." Why hasn't this term come to use in this community?

Discuss?
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
because it's hellaflush, bro. get your shit together

illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı i'mma grip n sip
Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the term "lowrider" refers to ONE specific community. that is all.

illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest illest
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
drift_limo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
drift_limo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drift_limo
But you must look mas puto to pull it off with the tight pants and fruity shirts.
illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı

btw taniguchi nice sig!!. I felt so srry for all those fanboys that didnt get there spray paint shirt lol
Old 02-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
underground_army
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
underground_army is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
because it's hellaflush, bro. get your shit together

illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı illest ʇsəllı i'mma grip n sip
Damn Straight on that!
underground_army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
trendy? sounds like hipster..

how many hipsters does it take to change a lightbulob? its a really obscure number, you probably havent heard of it..

im drunk
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Type in "lowrider" in google images. See any s-chassis? Didn't think so.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
the a3k
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
the a3k is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

lowrider... gay

240sx brings all the girls to the yard
the a3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
shinobis13hb
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
shinobis13hb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by the a3k View Post

lowrider... gay

i love you. and late at night just throw some grass killer they will never know.
shinobis13hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #10
the a3k
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
the a3k is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
lol, i think you posted the grass killer stuff on the wrong thread. this is about lowriders, not shitty neighbors. lol see u in the other thread
the a3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #11
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Lowriders are dope, just totally different tastes. To say you hate lowriders makes me feel like you dont know much, but then again, i hate the lowriders who have airbrushed murals painted on em and how they are stereotypically chicano.. but i like simple lowriders with solid colors and nothing on them that shows what ethnicity the owner is.

I enjoy low cars, just not the crappy lowered ones that are done for trend on shitty wheels and poor tires
Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #12
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
non-chicano lowriders are pretty lame. if i had one, it would have a mural of the Virgin Mary on the hood.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #13
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
"Don't label me, bro."
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #14
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Hella flush seems to be the trend. now its hella poke
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #15
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Shakotan~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #16
Sumslapper
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sumslapper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
cuz lowriders are just low. 240s ride dumped yo illestwestsideillestfatlacelacefatty
Sumslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #17
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
No fat chicks.

Rusted floor will give in.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #18
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Im not gonna lie id give up my 240 any day for a candy red 64 on some chrome red hundred spokes.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #19
Brinton
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Brinton is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by the a3k View Post
No it doesnt.
Brinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #20
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
the term "trendy" is commonly used with a negative connotation. was that your intention or just the lack of a better word?
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #21
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
non-chicano lowriders are pretty lame. if i had one, it would have a mural of the Virgin Mary on the hood.
and a mexican flag on it right? I liked that 63 rag top from Boyz n the hood. just simple but timeless
Old 02-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #22
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Now this is the shit! Ill take a clean 59 chevy impala anyday over some 240sx and there's waaay more girls in the lowrider scene, cause I go to lowrider shows and drift events ect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Sergio180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #23
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like cars that are dunked
Old 02-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #24
turbotofu
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
turbotofu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_s13 View Post
i like cars that are dunked
Is dunked the same as donked

ex:

To the OP: hellaflush, illest
turbotofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #25
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
what other car communities are you a part of that don't know the difference between a lowrider and a "stanced" or drift car?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #26
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
No matter how you look at it, in the car world being low is cool in its own right. Even if I see a "lowrider" I will respect it for its culture and community. I see how it is similar to our own cars in the S chassis and import scene. There is a mutual respect. That being said it should be understood that we cannot use the term lowrider as it has a specific community tied to its roots.

I think in the S chassis community it has become a standard to be low, to me there is an attitude tied to it. Most of my friend and peers don't drive an S chassis and they always comment on how low my car is, to me it is no big deal, its the standard, it just has to be that way no questions asked. I shrug it off knowing that on Zilvia I'm not even that low. It doesn't even have to be mentioned, everyone knows its just cool to be low. It looks cool, its more fun and of course the performance.

No title is needed, it just is...
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #27
cardoza
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
cardoza is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
No fat chicks.

Rusted floor will give in.
Hahahahahaha that's awesome.
cardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:53 PM   #28
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
shakotan~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
king of dope
Old 02-03-2011, 03:21 AM   #29
Krimlin
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Krimlin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dumpt
Street Sweeper
Low
Slammed
Draggin rails
Dropped

illest? hellaflush? I thought these terms refered to a car having proper stance, made up on fatlace (rim fittement/ride height)
Old 02-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #30
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Overly low cars are pointless, I think that perhaps they are just broken but there is no need to point out and mock the financial difficulty of other people.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote