Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-07-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
no one has recommended a tire to me yet or even a size. if i go 245 how much of a roll will i need? swapping my camber isnt really possible, as i dont have RUCAS. i COULD increase it in the front, but i want good tread wear.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_love_silvia View Post
no one has recommended a tire to me yet or even a size. if i go 245 how much of a roll will i need? swapping my camber isnt really possible, as i dont have RUCAS. i COULD increase it in the front, but i want good tread wear.
I didnt recommend you tires because I showed you how to figure it out on your own. Its all gonna come down to how low the car is and what you can adjust with your alignment. 245/40-18 is going to be ENORMOUS for stock S-chassis. 245/35-18 is close to stock diameter. Better yet, 225/40-18 or 255/35-18 is right on with stock. So the question now is, do you want to stretch tires and make it look like it fits on the stock fenders or go wide and make the tires stick out pass the fenders?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I didnt recommend you tires because I showed you how to figure it out on your own. Its all gonna come down to how low the car is and what you can adjust with your alignment. 245/40-18 is going to be ENORMOUS for stock S-chassis. 245/35-18 is close to stock diameter. Better yet, 225/40-18 or 255/35-18 is right on with stock. So the question now is, do you want to stretch tires and make it look like it fits on the stock fenders or go wide and make the tires stick out pass the fenders?
according to the miata.net tire calculator, it seems 245/35/18 is the closest it will get to stock. so im wondering how much of a stretch that will be, and how well they will fit. i don't want it poking, but i don't want it to be stretched too much. will a good fender roll be enough for clearance and to rid me of any poke?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Bubba
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-knownBubba is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_love_silvia View Post
i COULD increase it in the front, but i want good tread wear.
I drive my car pretty hard so this may not be useful to you.
The way the front suspension behaves during heavy cornering allows me to run just less than -3* negative camber up front without any wear issues. I can also throw the car into a corner a little faster without the Push feeling now. I'm assuming it was because I started running a little more aggressive camber and the outside tire is laying flat and grabbing better.