Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #31
sharpe_corners
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
sharpe_corners is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
In canada we have a premier which is 160 bucks iirc which gives us 4x 200km(120miles) and 1x 320km (200 miles)

I have 4 of them. I use them ALL the time. They are all in friends names etc.
sharpe_corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #32
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
It all depends on the towing company
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #33
Jaketenpointo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
Jaketenpointo will become famous soon enoughJaketenpointo will become famous soon enoughJaketenpointo will become famous soon enoughJaketenpointo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ive had USAA tow service ask if my car was lowered just so they knew to bring a flat bed. It wasn't even that low, but I could see turning down the tow because it might be a pain in the ass with a SLAMMED car. Haha.
Jaketenpointo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #34
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Well to the t-bolt issue. My friend blew one at the track. But here is the kicker, i had my standard clamps and had multiple leaks, threw on the t-bolt clamps and have not had one issue since.

Id also suggest spare rims with good tires and definitely friends that know how to wrench.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #35
jonsusoju
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
jonsusoju is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
When I first started going to drift events, I brought a ton of spare parts. Now I only bring things that I might really need.

Lets list some of the stuff you have had go bad or seen good bad at drift/road racing events.

Stuff I had go bad:
Inner tie rods
Broken welded diff
Altima fan
T-bolt clamps

Stuff I've seen:
Broken wheel studs
Spinning wheel studs
Axles
Turbos
and the most common, the one I almost see at every event!

Clutch Hydraulic issues. Almost every event someones clutch master goes out.
about that clutch hydraulic issue. i went up to HTM a few weeks ago. had back to back track time for about 3 hours (rest ever 45 minutes for 15 minutes) my clutch seemed to have less "snap" into it on the drive home. i noticed it persisting for a while, then a few days later it went back to normal operation. but then i noticed when i stay in fifth gear for a 30 minute cruise on the highway, when i shift down on the offramp i feel that "less snappy" feel. clutch master issue? or maybe a clutch line expansion issue.

fyi fluids are all between min and max...
jonsusoju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #36
SomeoneWhoIsntMe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
As far as AAA towing, I live in Michigan, and I've seen plenty of modded cars towed. Year and a half ago when a friend threw a rocker in his SR, AAA towed his S14.5 home. Just had to take the front bumper off to get it on the flatbed.

Same friend more recently had a GS300 with an Aristo 2JZ that stopped running because it cooked the coilpacks. Called AAA, asked for a flatbed, normal tow truck showed up, then that guy called for a flatbed when he saw the car was slammed. We had the hood open, car was obviously modded (FMIC and intake in addition to being dumb low), and never did we have a problem.

Sounds like the tow drivers elsewhere were just being dicks.
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:18 AM   #37
stockdrift
Zilvia Member

stockdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Liability if the car is to low they can rip parts right off. aaa sub contracts all tows to local guys.if they think it's a risk they have the rite ,as far as track must. Bring a driving home spare set of tires. If you live in hot weather have a spare fuel pump . If you have aftermarket arms bring a set of good oem ones and plenty of distiller water
stockdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:53 AM   #38
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsusoju View Post
about that clutch hydraulic issue. i went up to HTM a few weeks ago. had back to back track time for about 3 hours (rest ever 45 minutes for 15 minutes) my clutch seemed to have less "snap" into it on the drive home. i noticed it persisting for a while, then a few days later it went back to normal operation. but then i noticed when i stay in fifth gear for a 30 minute cruise on the highway, when i shift down on the offramp i feel that "less snappy" feel. clutch master issue? or maybe a clutch line expansion issue.

fyi fluids are all between min and max...
Lol I have this same problem. I'll let you know how it goes. Going to change the slave and master probably next week some time.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #39
Giebs
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Giebs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've seen a head gasket blow...but who wants to change that on the track, lol.
Giebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #40
slydin240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
slydin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^wtf is this bullshit?
slydin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #41
Gold Zenki
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Gold Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
about using worm clams, and asbos set up... look at it closely where the hell do u think the clamps are gonna go? slide off lol. i think what mostly matters is if the pipes are bead rolled, and position of pipes, couplers. in other words without the coupler on can u move or slide the pipe back and forth much between the connecting pipes, is thee wiggle room giving slack to the pipe to blow off.. ive blown about 10 couplers with worm clamps replaced with tbolt in those areas and never again. and as for pressure test yes to about 25psi and not a leak i can leave it like that till i get old.
Gold Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #42
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Back to the towing situation, my dad said the only modifications they care about is how lowered it is. Only because it is a hassle to get some of them up there. He also said he doesnt know why any engine mods would be a problem.