Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-26-2002, 10:03 AM   #1
240 2NR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
240 2NR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As of next week I should be a pretty much moved in for real  (time to soften the settings on my Koni's).  I'm pretty sure I'll be at the mid october all nissan meet.  

We should get a roll call of chicago peeps.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2002, 11:40 AM   #2
tnord
Nissanaholic!

tnord is an unknown quantity at this point
you bastard........that puts you within driving distance of Grattan and Gingerman. there's a track in indiana somewhere as well i think. actually, how far is mid-ohio from you? at least you're still close enough to get to Blackhawk.
tnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 01:08 PM   #3
240 2NR
Zilvia FREAK!

240 2NR is an unknown quantity at this point
BHF is about the same distance away (though now it will cost me $2 each way) and will really only take longer due to traffic (though if I leave at 5am, I shouldn't hit too much).  Mid-ohio, grattan, and gingerman all basically become about 2.5 hours closer than they were before.  Plus, now I'm within a 30 minute drive of a laser alignment rack where my friend teaches auto shop (mmm, a lift too).  I'll have to change sports car clubs though.

I'm thinking it won't be worth having both my car and my gf's altima this winter so mine will probably get stored (and save $$ on insurance, which I can put into Z brakes and some cams, though I think she'd prefer an engagement ring) and my snow tires will go on her car (well, they're round, but not exactly sparkley).  It will be a good project time.  I can dissamble the rear end and drop in my bushings that are currently sitting in my toolbox.  We'll see what else.  I'd really like to get a beater of a 240 for racing, but I don't think I can justify 3 cars in chicago (well actually, I probably could).