Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Forum Spam Bots

Whats the reason for all of this. Each day it seems like we have more and more threads being created. I'm a bit at a loss here. Why not just make this place referral only, or make the new users have a trial period where they can only post in the new user introduction area before their accounts get validated.

It doesnt make sense. It takes so much time for the mods to clean up all these fake posts. Am I missing something here?
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Maybe having one additional captcha would help prevent these bots getting through the first one. I know Google offers a free captcha service called "recaptcha" that works pretty well.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I've been wondering the same, not that I mind reporting all the posts from the spambots, but it gets out of hand sometimes.

I don't understand why CAPTCHA isn't implemented per post, I thought that was the one thing bots couldn't get around, and it only takes an extra second.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #4
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yeah it's seriously getting out of hand!especially towards the night
Old 12-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I don't understand why CAPTCHA isn't implemented per post, I thought that was the one thing bots couldn't get around, and it only takes an extra second.
You're going about it all wrong though. Why should every new post require captcha... makes no sense.

Well, hopefully the admin can figure out a solution because its adding so much clutter, its degrading the quality of the forum. Legitimate new users as well. Theres nothing wrong with new users, but they should go through a trial period before being able to join in on discussions. New users constantly create new threads asking stupid questions that have either already been posted, or they ask questions that should be posted in the "quick question" thread.

How many "what do you think my car is worth?" threads do we need?
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote