Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #10351
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
hahahaha paint is starting to come off of your side skirt by the door knoop? rocks getting kicked up by the front tires, I need to make some mesh fender grills to stop that shit, it's like keying your own car opening and closing the door hearing that crunch of a pile of rocks scraping. You can see that shit on my sideskirt too.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #10352
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Why not just message them a little at the body shop? seems like most cars with those big side skirts have that same issue...just bad out of the box fitment if you ask me, easily fixed though.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #10353
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Yeah, most people are horrified when I shut my door, haha. Those side skirts are shit anyway, I need to just slide with them on and blow them up so I have a more legitimate reason to buy the Bomex ones.

I like the idea of a mesh block for the back of the fender though, I'll use that when I eventually replace those sides.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #10354
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Why not just message them a little at the body shop? seems like most cars with those big side skirts have that same issue...just bad out of the box fitment if you ask me, easily fixed though.
Cody, grab a handful of rubble from the street, pile them up in the corner of a door frame in your house and shut the door. same theory. You're talking about grinding down a hole in a part that doesn't need it to make room for something that wont pass through the hole anyway.

you'll still end up with fucked up paint, chips on the bottom of your door, and an even bigger area for shit to pile up in.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #10355
qwerth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
qwerth is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
^ if your looking for some bomex, i might have some for sale soon
Old 03-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #10356
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Cody, grab a handful of rubble from the street, pile them up in the corner of a door frame in your house and shut the door. same theory. You're talking about grinding down a hole in a part that doesn't need it to make room for something that wont pass through the hole anyway.

you'll still end up with fucked up paint, chips on the bottom of your door, and an even bigger area for shit to pile up in.
I know the issue...I can remember specifically member Jspaeth came up one time and had the same issue, and it was horrible looking even on a white car. I guess the vender vent being window-screened off would work though I don't see how just helping out with a few MM of clearance couldn't help either

This just goes back to my all time biggest gripe with these bodykits, is that I wish the over fenders didn't have that fast and furious fender vent in them. In fact that reason alone has kept me from putting the wide fenders on on my own car. I'd love to fit more tire up front, but not at the expense of HIN fenders.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #10357
JKL1031
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
JKL1031 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
The fuck is going on with these people/this page?

sticky this to the first page of a bodykit thread maybe?
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #10358
Kouki_monstr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Kouki_monstr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewNZ View Post
Yours in 5 stud by the looks of things tho, and you have a kit what size and offset are your weds?
I meant before the kit and nice, didn't relize yours were 4 lug >_<

18x9.5 -3
10x10.5 -14

97 Kouki- Third times a charm Instagram@Koukimonstrr
Kouki_monstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #10359
AndrewNZ

Trader Rating: (0)
AndrewNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouki_monstr View Post
I meant before the kit and nice, didn't relize yours were 4 lug >_<

18x9.5 -3
10x10.5 -14
Oh wow pretty close! What size tyres are you running?
AndrewNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:35 AM   #10360
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
I don't see how just helping out with a few MM of clearance couldn't help either
It would happen with oem metal and fenders in place as well if you removed the rain guards. or fenderwell trim whatever it's properly called. Kind of just hits the top of the fender then falls down like connect the dots. and Gravity and momentum just pile them up. Shaving the part where they get stuck would just allow them to travel further back until your door trim.

Quote:
This just goes back to my all time biggest gripe with these bodykits, is that I wish the over fenders didn't have that fast and furious fender vent in them. In fact that reason alone has kept me from putting the wide fenders on on my own car. I'd love to fit more tire up front, but not at the expense of HIN fenders.
Didn't one of the aero companies on the board, chase or something offer 20-30mm fenders without the vent? I mean you can always plug it with fiberglass or carbon... I personally don't mind the vents, especially if they provide a bit more rigidity in the fenders design rather than more of a surface area for imperfections. I'd be all for some custom widebody metal fenders if I could afford to have someone replicate the oem design and not come out of the pocket a few grand lol.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:56 AM   #10361
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Man I need to get my hands on a bn front bumper type 3.. or buy a Uras type
4 for $130 on eBay .. lol anybody got the Uras front bumper on their kouki?
240Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #10362
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I dont post here much anymore, but I just traded my daily civic hatch straight up for this. 97 SE, pearl white on black int. 5sp. Rust free california car. It has megan streets, injen intake, hot shot header, and some type of exhaust. Stock otherwise. Not going to do much to it, since its just my daily.

not bad for 1500 bucks.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #10363
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Cali View Post
Man I need to get my hands on a bn front bumper type 3.. or buy a Uras type
4 for $130 on eBay .. lol anybody got the Uras front bumper on their kouki?
Good luck - BN Type 3 - if you trying to go the Chaser Aero Route is out of stock untill "Who Knows" they said.No clue when they are getting them back in.

I had to Shell out for the Real BN Type 4$$$ front and rear.
Get Ready and Bend over Sir!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #10364
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Quote:
LOL. Exactly. I feel the exact same way.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #10365
killer skittle
Zilvia Member

killer skittle is an unknown quantity at this point
Do what Broadfield did. I did it and works great.

Filling Some Fender Vents « Broadfield's Blog
killer skittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #10366
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
Good luck - BN Type 3 - if you trying to go the Chaser Aero Route is out of stock untill "Who Knows" they said.No clue when they are getting them back in.

Wow crazy mad props to anyone with that bumper.. I hope I can find one before I lose patience and go another route.. :/
240Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #10367
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Mine's the black one

Last edited by BlackZenkiS14; 03-13-2012 at 08:17 AM..
BlackZenkiS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #10368
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

Old 03-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #10369
S14kouki_10
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
S14kouki_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
maxed camber plates
S14kouki_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #10370
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #10371
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
it's nuts you were able to tweak the camber so much the car and earth now stand sideways.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #10372
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
it's nuts you were able to tweak the camber so much the car and earth now stand sideways.
ROFL.....
Old 03-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #10373
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
I like where this is going, you gotta either add flares to the fronts to match the rears, or paint the rear flares white if your only keeping those, and please get better/matching wheels, itll look much better.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #10374
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^Not my car, found the picture on JDM Garage's blog haha.

blah, jdm front/rear and lower soonish
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #10375
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #10376
Om1kron
Post Whore!

looks good, simple.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #10377
whooty

whooty is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkisixx69 View Post
thanks man , specs were 18x10j -10 up front and 11j +6 on the rear , loved those wheels , such a bargain , bought them for 1000 dollars haha! love it when people dont know the value of things!

this car has made my mind up about purcasing the hood , gonna be very poor , and putting back the completion date of my car , but fuck it :P

Anymore pictures of this car? Hopefully some side shots?

EDIT: Nevermind they were a couple posts down. Gorgeous color!
whooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #10378
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post

why would it take so long, doesn't chaser have the molds?
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #10379
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
they're in china...so production + ship time.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #10380
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
guys,
does anyone make replica lips for the oem jdm front bumper?
i cant find an original anywhere.
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote