Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
ll_EvOluTIoN
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ll_EvOluTIoN will become famous soon enoughll_EvOluTIoN will become famous soon enoughll_EvOluTIoN will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sr20det red top problem!!

So just did my swap and I'm having an idle problem. It seems to be idling around 1000rpm(tach nonop) then it seems to cut out for a sec. I was checking the injector pulse with test light and when the engine cuts out the injectors stop pulsing.

I checked tps adjustment an it's at .4v. I'm getting spark at all plugs. New spark plugs n gas. New stock injectors spray great. I switched between 3 ignitor chips n same prob. Switched in known good ecu. Same prob.

Any ideas of what it could be?
ll_EvOluTIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
check ECU for Codes
If you dont know how, Search on how to do it
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I am the last person to suggest a maf problem but from the sounds of it (replaced ecu, replaced igniter, missing injector pulse suddenly...) it sounds like a maf issue. maybe the maf plug is loose or vibrating a bit? CAS could also be culprit as you did not mention whether spark cuts out or not. if pulse and spark dissapear then CAS/Wiring/ECU related. if just pulse then MAF probable. Because the plugs will fire as the engine rotates regardless of maf signal (right???!)
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Vatche
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (289)
Vatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfectionVatche is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 289 reviews
i would also reccomend checking the wiring on your maf, loose wiring or bad solders can cause that
The Ultimate For Sale Thread <> Review Thread
Vatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:12 AM   #5
ll_EvOluTIoN
Zilvia Member

ll_EvOluTIoN will become famous soon enoughll_EvOluTIoN will become famous soon enoughll_EvOluTIoN will become famous soon enough
Thanks guys. Harness is brand new I'll check to make sure I'm getting correct voltage. Oh and timing is dead on lined up just in case u guys were wondering.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
ll_EvOluTIoN
Zilvia Member

Ran codes n got 55. Checked tps it's .48v-3.8v wot. Maf is .8v key on engine off. Don't hap rpm signal do not sure if this helps but 2.8v when its idling. 3.7v at wot engine on. My vacuum/boost guage fluctuates from 4hg to 6hg wile idle goes up n down. When I rev it boost goes to about 5-6psi. So I dont think it has a boost leak.

Last edited by ll_EvOluTIoN; 02-19-2011 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: More info
Old 02-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
ll_EvOluTIoN
Zilvia Member

Bump any help?
Old 02-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #8
ll_EvOluTIoN
Zilvia Member

So the injectors are cutting out. I tried a new tps n it fixed the idle for 5 min n did the same. So put a new maf and the problem goes away untill I hit the throttle. Then idles bad again. Now today no matter what I do it idles bad. Here's what I got.

YouTube - Sr20det problem