Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
motteramm
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
motteramm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The Indecisive Mans Bastard Build.

Alrighty.

So around Christmas of 2011 my first car that shall not be named got totaled. I was rear ended by some guy in his daddy's brand new Ram 1500 and my little POS was demolished. But insurance gave me $2500 and I knew exactly what to do with it.

Picked up 1992 S13 coupe 5 speed Original SE with working HUD and the lovely brown interior. Bought it from the original owner that bought it for his daughter to drive in high school then used it as a weekend car . She was a virgin.
[IMG][/IMG]

First things first I was a huge noob and had no idea what quality was so I made a massive mistake and bought some EMUSA coilovers so I could be JDMMADTYTEDRIFTERMAN. But all it did was piss off my girlfriend.

[IMG][/IMG]

Stock shocks were blown so incredibly the ride quality was not much different. But not knowing any better I thought they rode amazing. After the coil purchase I was broke because school was starting for the spring and Tuition always comes first.

Went to a few car meets held by Ricekiller since I'm in Dallas but the guy Jared that runs them is really an elitist prick and doesn't particularly like you if your a stock KA on ebay coils lol. But who can blame him??

[IMG][/IMG]

(Here is where the indecisive tool inside me took over my life)

Once the summer came around I finally got some income. I had always wanted to do a KA-t but seeings how my motor in the car already had 230k on the ticker I decided it would be a good idea to pick up a spare block for not "if" but when I blew up mine. The plan was a t-25 of 10lbs and a JWT ecu, just a basic beater to get me sideways with a little more gusto. So I picked up an 89 hatch with dual cam swap that a guy was parting out for less than most KA motorsets are going for now days. No idea what it is with me and Champagne s13's...

[IMG][/IMG]

The hatch had a few goodies like the no name wheels, an S14 KA with 87k on it and some flawless s14 seats! Paid 400 for the car with a clean title. Sooooo being the guy that I am I took the seats and wheels and completely forgot that I wanted to go KA-t and flipped the car. Put a little cash in my pocket for some future goodies.

Around this time I started hanging out with a few guys from the Arlington, Texas area. And I know that Geoffrey and Chris S are going to see this post mainly because they are 2 of the biggest Zilvian's out there. Anyway once I met some more S-chassis people I naturally started drifting more (trying to anyway) and this is when I came to the realization that shitty coils were indeed shitty. I knew I needed to upgrade so where else to go but Pick N Pull!

No idea how but I found a good non blow, non leaking set of Stance GR+ Pro's on a beat to hell vert out at Pick N Pull. Paid $100 for the set.
[IMG][/IMG]

Cleaned them up, tossed them on and GAWD so nice. Went for a cruise and a photoshoot with the rest of the guys and actually got a feature on the S-Chassis facebook page as lame as it is.
[IMG][/IMG]

After finding buying garbage coils the first time around I told myself that I would NEVER buy cheap parts again. So this is where it picks up a tad.

Got tired of having camber wear so I got a hookup from my cousin in the UK to send me a set of the full Driftworks V. I arms (Older set he found stocked in some wear house) , RUCA's, front tension rods, rear, toe and traction arms as well. Also installed a rebuilt S14 VLSD from my friends wrecked Kouki, that had like 70 miles on the drivetrain after it being rebuilt.

[IMG][/IMG]

And everyone knows that there is no better way to try out your new suspension parts like a little gardening.

[IMG][/IMG]

So with my suspension done and still no KA-T I had to pull the trigger and get this done!!!

You. Indecisive. Bastard.

[IMG][/IMG]

Yep, All OEM Genuine K's edition Silvia front, dual projectors, REAL JDM bumper support off of a halfcut, along with head light brackets and a GT-R style grill. All metal for $400...... I'm a dam wizard.

Of course there was a small downside.. The previous owner didn't mount up the passenger side fender properly and opend the door on it.

'

I banged it out as best I could with my very limited body skills and then applied a glazing putty to smooth out the little bumps that were left.

[IMG][/IMG]

Now.... I'm zipping up my flame suit right about now. But first let me explain. My neighborhood as crappy as it is has a very strict "shitty car policy". So have 2 different color halfs did not fly with the neighborhood trolls. So instead of being fined by the homeowners society I had to act fast. And so I did. Now I really wish I didn't do this, But at the same time I was AMAZED with the results. So don't Knock it till you try it. But ya don't try it...

One trip to Home Depot... Check....
[IMG][/IMG]

3 hot days in a row... Well I'm in Texas soo ya.. Check

Coat number one with the Rustoleum/ Mineral spirits roller paint job.

[IMG][/IMG]

Now I did a total of 7 coats with alternating grit wetsanding in between every 2 coats and a final buff and polish. Not going to lie I was pretty dam impressed with what $54 of paint supplies could do. It had a really nice gloss to it.

[IMG][/IMG]

After all of this I had to finish up my cosmetics before I could thing about boosting my car. It just had to be done. So I picked up a sweet set of Enkie 98's in 4 lug, 16x8 +0 offset with big oldschool balloon tires on them. Although 17's and 18's are cool, I am a huge fan of the old school small mesh wheels.

[IMG][/IMG]

But the color was not working.... At ALL!! It made the car look so lame. I can't stand black wheels. So off to the powder coater they went.

And I'm sorry but they came back stupid classy. Noone can deny that.

[IMG][/IMG]

I never wanted to be a "Hard park" guy but I sorta understand why they do it. Its cheap and gets you lots of attention. Which I guess is nice to some people. Meh.. Went to the Ricekillers Summer block party and John got some killer shots of the car.

[IMG][/IMG]

Turns out I "Built" a "Stance Car". And honestly I hated myself for it. I bought the car to get into drifting and to drift and after a while I just stopped. I was super happy with where the car was and where it was going but when one of my friends put the car on CL as a joke and I got an offer...... Well, I let it go and took the profit. I'm not going to say how much I sold the car for. Because frankly I feel like a jerk for allowing someone to pay me what they did. But then again stupid people are going to be stupid all day everyday.

Soooooooo the S13 is gone and I picked up a nicer daily...........

[IMG][/IMG]

I bought a 98 M3 5 Speed Sedan for a daily. Bitchen car. Koni adjustable Yellows and Eibach springs. Rides smooth as butter. Running a carfax actually turned up that the engine was rebuilt by PSI (Precision Sport Industries) the people that built Chelsea Denofa's Formual D car.

Super happy with the car. Handles great just a brilliant piece of engineering. But after only a month I am missing my 240 super bad. Like getting the shakes bad. So Since I couldn't bare not to own a 240 I had to get another one.

So now we are up to date.
I wanted another 240.

[IMG][/IMG]

Ya. I bought an 87 GXL FC
You forgot this was the indecisive mans thread didn't you.

All stock 5 speed NA 13B.
The day after I bought it I pulled the 13B and trans and sold it. I am currently in the process of removing all remnance of Heat, AC, Radio, Powersteering ect from the shell. This WILL NOT BE A STANCE CAR.

Oh and I am not the biggest fan of rotaries, so there is a reason this thread is going on Zilvia and not Rx7 club boys and girls. Updates are coming soon.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Don't usually post on these forums but I love your story cause its just like mine.

I just love reading stories with people going to school and working on their car cause it inspires me to not sell mine and keep working on it.

I also understand the emusa coilover story especially since I live near where they're made, cant wait to upgrade to something better.
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
Roscoe.
Leaky Injector

Roscoe. is on a distinguished road
Matt, firstly, I still hate that you sold your coupe. Secondly, I still hate you for selling your coupe. Thirdly, I'm Thomas, and I hate that you sold your coupe.

You best have the best intentions on that FC, or I'll destroy you. Lovingly.
Roscoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty cool man, I'd do quite a bit to have a clean SE coupe...sad to see it go man. Good luck with the FC
Old 08-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
#haditall butnotreally
Old 08-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
....your s13 looked great, you could have just gone ahead and turboed it.

I mean, I'm watching to see the mazda. But your car wasen't super "stanced", and would have looked fine if you raised it a bit for handling and kept doing your thing.

It did look really nice though, and the white combined with those wheels was the very essence of class.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
motteramm
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe. View Post
Matt, firstly, I still hate that you sold your coupe. Secondly, I still hate you for selling your coupe. Thirdly, I'm Thomas, and I hate that you sold your coupe.

You best have the best intentions on that FC, or I'll destroy you. Lovingly.
God I had no idea you had an account man. Ya I kinda hate me for selling the coupe as well. But I'm excited to move forward and will eventually find another coupe and do a full proper build...... one day.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
motteramm
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Don't usually post on these forums but I love your story cause its just like mine.

I just love reading stories with people going to school and working on their car cause it inspires me to not sell mine and keep working on it.

I also understand the emusa coilover story especially since I live near where they're made, cant wait to upgrade to something better.
Really appreciate it man. Keep working at it, its tough to do school as well but its so very worth it once you take the time to look back and see the progress you have made.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
Roscoe.
Leaky Injector

Roscoe. is on a distinguished road
Hehe, yeah, I've had one for a bit now, but don't post tons. I like how my car sneaked into your thread though ha.

Though I promise to beat you if you screw up the FC, I'm excited to see your plans for it.
Roscoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #10
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Lol this thread is awesome! Like the one guy said above, I like it because it reminds me of my automotive story. I'm pretty indecisive too...

That Coupe was pretty awesome, I'm glad it had old wheels on it. You don't see old mesh wheels like those on 240s enough. The color combo was awesome, and the front end swap looked amazing. Everything lined up and it was super clean, most front end conversions are all screwed up and nothing fits well but that one you did looked awesome. You pulled off dual projectors too, which isn't easy!

Excited to see what you do with this FC.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #11
motteramm
Leaky Injector

Well..... I had a pretty rough week. Ended up driving all over town just to find out that I couldn't get the title for the FC. Turns out I get 7 different kinds of f*cked by the previous owner and the title he gave me was jank in alot of ways. Couldn't even get it bonded. Yesterday morning the car was picked up and crushed. Now I get to start saving for another chassis. Not sure what yet.....

On the bright side I did get a new job at my local Nissan dealership as an express tech. Basicly straight oil changes and baby stuff but it beats waking up at 3:00 AM every morning to stock shelves at Target. School starts in a few weeks as well. Hopefully there will be someone selling an S13 in need for tuition money
Old 10-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #12
motteramm
Leaky Injector

Massive update... FC was crushed. (Car was stolen) Lucky me..

Ended up buying an E30 cabrio because I went all BMW happy. Ya thats gone too. Oh and so is the M3. Now I have a stack of money and this little thing [IMG][/IMG]

Finally back in an S-Chassis and its actually what I wanted. KA-T s14.
T-25 9lbs
370cc SR injectors
Tial 52mm BOV
FMIC
JWT ECU
Stock block
J30
350z Touring wheels
First gen Circuit sports coilovers.
[IMG][/IMG]
From here on out its only the best. No more Ebay shit or half doing projects. Its time to get what I planned in on.

No more MR. Indecisive.

I have had the car for 2 weeks and here is where I'm at.
So I just picked up some RAYS Eng. 350z Track edition wheels,
[IMG][/IMG]

Got a sweet shot in my bay at work. Perfect ride height for where I live too.
[IMG][/IMG]

Also just got an AEM UEGO wideband since there was never one on the car from the previous owner. As well as a new OEM shift boot and plastic bezel since it was a 5 speed swap.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

So thats where I'm at now. Big big things to come finally on track and super pumped to be back in an S-Chassis!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
You found stance gr's at a pick and pull? LOL Thats some awesome luck. I would of kept the m3, but your s14 looks so much better then your old s13! Good luck with it.
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #14
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hell yeah! Looks clean!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote