Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Mikesteezyyy

Trader Rating: (0)
Mikesteezyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 car is DEAD need help!

So the other day I got home took a shower and got ready for work. I go out to my car put my keys in the ignition and nothing except my inside dome light and my clock turn on. Knowing that my alternator was going bad I bought a new one and changed it but Im still having the same problem. I cant crank it or even turn my headlights on. Ive triple checked all the alternator plugs and wires and cleaned all of the ground connections but still nothing. I just got back from autozone where I had the battery charged and checked and everything checks out. I have no more ideas and my poor baby is just sitting there helpless and dirty af
someone please help me so I dont have to borrow my moms car and have my girlfriend pick me up for our date tonight x)
Mikesteezyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
You checked your fuses? I bet the main engine fuse is blown, under the hood. Your alternator fucking up, more than likely popped the main fuse.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Mikesteezyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
You checked your fuses? I bet the main engine fuse is blown, under the hood. Your alternator fucking up, more than likely popped the main fuse.
Well Ive checked all of the fuses in the box right by the battery...is there a secret fuse box that I dont see somewhere? haha
Old 01-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
battery checked and it is ok? tried hooking jumper cables to it and seeing if it turns on that route?
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
Mikesteezyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyS15 View Post
battery checked and it is ok? tried hooking jumper cables to it and seeing if it turns on that route?

Yeah battery is good and fully charged and yeah tried jumping it and still nothing at all
Old 01-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
blktopsr20
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (83)
blktopsr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 83 reviews
Starter? Hotwire it directly to the battery and see if it cranks. If so, then most likely a main relay is bad
Old 01-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
There is a Relay fuse under the front passenger fender near the battery. Its a dealer part only so you will have to get it from a nissan dealer.

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
silva.240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
silva.240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
and check your ground from battery to chasis and chasis to motor and motor to chasis
silva.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Mikesteezyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8RPS13 View Post
There is a Relay fuse under the front passenger fender near the battery. Its a dealer part only so you will have to get it from a nissan dealer.
is it one of the fuses in he black fuse box behind the battery, or is there another one somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktopsr20 View Post
Starter? Hotwire it directly to the battery and see if it cranks. If so, then most likely a main relay is bad
idk how to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva.240 View Post
and check your ground from battery to chasis and chasis to motor and motor to chasis
I did a few times already and theyre all super clean now
Old 01-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
Mikesteezyyy

I found the culprit!
the red plug that connects to the positive terminal cable had mad corrosion and acid buildup!
I just cleaned it up and VOILA! car starts up like nothing
I knew itd be something small and stupid like this
Thanks for your help guys I appreciate it
Old 01-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Glad you got it fixed, but it sounds like you need a lot of experience...not being a dick or anything. The starter realy is not in the box and running a hotwire is easy as pie. just run a wire in similiar guage size directly from the battery to the starter. Postive to postive negative to negative. EASY! As for the relay like I said it is hidden under the pass fender next to the battery. Just do a lot of reading and as you build this car up you will learn!

WASTED I AM!
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #12
Mikesteezyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8RPS13 View Post
Glad you got it fixed, but it sounds like you need a lot of experience...not being a dick or anything. The starter realy is not in the box and running a hotwire is easy as pie. just run a wire in similiar guage size directly from the battery to the starter. Postive to postive negative to negative. EASY! As for the relay like I said it is hidden under the pass fender next to the battery. Just do a lot of reading and as you build this car up you will learn!
haha no I know I do but yeah I dont really too much about working on cars just how to change stuff like alternators, water pumps, etc.. but yeah Im finally making enough money to start putting into my car and hopefully I can learn a lot more thanks though!