Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: How much debt do you own?
$0-1k 65 16.84%
$1k-10k 126 32.64%
$10k-15k 30 7.77%
$15k-25k 34 8.81%
$25k-40k 39 10.10%
I'm debt free baby! 92 23.83%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #181
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by initial_jc View Post

Superbike care to talk about stocks?
Any time, one of my favorite things to talk about other than medical type stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaserAero View Post
We are very rare. I am the same way.

Not the best for the economy, unfortunately - the US thrives on consumer debt.
Not the best for you either IMO. Unless you are planning on paying cash for absolutely everything, having no credit is only going to hurt you. You don't have to go into massive debt just to establish and maintain a good credit score, you can use a credit card and still not pay more than a few dollars a year in interest while establishing a decent (700+) credit score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoza View Post
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT even think about trading on margin if you don't have a VERY DEEP understanding of the way that exchanges work.
Very true. I've been doing is for 10+ years now and margin trading for about 3 years.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #182
ZsHatch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ZsHatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZsHatch
-$0.00, somewhere around that area. =)
4) 97 Kouki w/SR20 ---
ZsHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #183
zkrobs4
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
zkrobs4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
20 and about 13k on personal loans and cc's. On top of total debt, what are you guys paying just to sustain every month? $700 for me.
zkrobs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #184
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
debt free, just finished paying my student loan a few weeks ago, and still broke.
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #185
supportTHEezln
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
supportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud ofsupportTHEezln has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to supportTHEezln
I just checked my credit card bill.

$18 is how much debt I'm in this month.

I pay my CC off every month. I don't own a house, of course.

The only reason I can really see for being in debt is either owning a house, or being dumb with money.
supportTHEezln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #186
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
as of right now, i am $0 in debt...i dont know how i just finished 6 years of school and pulled it off, but somehow i did it...except im taking my nice car off driving insurance and throwing it on garage insurance so i dont go into debt...beater $1000 240 FTW!
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #187
LoveMyProbe
BANNED

LoveMyProbe is an unknown quantity at this point
LoveMyProbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #188
T chop
Zilvia Junkie

T chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enough
I would never want to go into debt for anything besides buying a house, but I wouldn't even call that debt. Buying a new car is kind of stupid unless you can afford it. Buying a new car and eating ramen noodles 20 days a month isn't being able to afford it.

I owe like $500 on my CC, but I can pay that off anytime. I just don't want to kill all my spending money right now.
T chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #189
Silentoreo34
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
Silentoreo34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
20. 4600 on my civic. 2000 to my mom for my rb25det.
Silentoreo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #190
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

correction, i am about to be $500 in debt to my father so i can pick up this 240 beater i found...but the best part is ill be out of debt again by the 1st of the year...score

best part of going home for the holidays, parents love you more

then i can put my nice car on garage insurance and save 100 bucks a month on my insurance
Old 12-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #191
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Sad truth is if you want good credit it seems like to need to be in debt. Revolving debt.
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #192
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
Sad truth is if you want good credit it seems like to need to be in debt. Revolving debt.
And you don't think they want it that way? Haha
Old 12-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #193
Crazyirish

Crazyirish is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you need a higher range of debt. At least if you want to consider home-owners.
Crazyirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:34 AM   #194
superbike81
Zilvia Junkie

superbike81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by supportTHEezln View Post
The only reason I can really see for being in debt is either owning a house, or being dumb with money.
What you are saying has some validity to it, but there are circumstances where debt can be a good thing. Without going too deep into finance talk (since that's not really the point of this thread), with how low interest rates are now for consumer loans, you can actually make money off of debt. You might have $25k to buy that brand new car, but if you put a minimal amount down, get that 0% (or somewhere around that) and invest the rest of the money, this year you would have made about $2-3k extra from most basic mutual funds. By the time your 48 month or so loan is up, you probably made an extra $10k just by taking out a loan.

Now of course, not all investments go that way, you may lose money too, but with smart money management on your part, you could potentially make a significant amount of money by going into debt.

Debt doesn't have to be a bad thing people.
superbike81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #195
Silentoreo34
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbike81 View Post
Now of course, not all investments go that way, you may lose money too, but with smart money management on your part, you could potentially make a significant amount of money by going into debt.

Debt doesn't have to be a bad thing people.
I agree with you 100% going of topic of the tread. My friend from when he was 16 he took loans out (grandparents co-signed) agaisn't his name and put them to CD's. This was back when CD has a good interest % but now its crap and I feel like I should just throw my money in the toilet when my parents tell me I should get a CD. Back to my point my friend did this for a few years and kept recycling the loan/cd with the same rate, he has about 20,000 saved up in just about 4 years. His loan/cd are coming to a close mid 2011 and he is going to put a down payment on a town house.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:55 AM   #196
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentoreo34 View Post
I agree with you 100% going of topic of the tread. My friend from when he was 16 he took loans out (grandparents co-signed) agaisn't his name and put them to CD's. This was back when CD has a good interest % but now its crap and I feel like I should just throw my money in the toilet when my parents tell me I should get a CD. Back to my point my friend did this for a few years and kept recycling the loan/cd with the same rate, he has about 20,000 saved up in just about 4 years. His loan/cd are coming to a close mid 2011 and he is going to put a down payment on a town house.
i find this hard to believe. generally loans have interest monthly and cds have interest after the term is over for whatever amount it was. i dont see him earning/gaining anything
yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #197
Silentoreo34
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingiang View Post
i find this hard to believe. generally loans have interest monthly and cds have interest after the term is over for whatever amount it was. i dont see him earning/gaining anything
Well, today this would seem to be impossible due to hard times and banks hardly giving out good CD rates. But been a some odd years now but before you could get a loan with about 3-4% on in and a cd that put out 5%. Basically after inflation you make a little money, but its a good way to start/learn how to save. Again the bank was okay with it because they were loaning out the money but also getting the money back. Therefore the money never really leaves. But now of days this stuff won't happen.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:35 PM   #198
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Looks like you opted for the red pill and can finally see the matrix for what it really is. For that i congratulate you.
I just checked my credit score yesterday with the big three. Having not seen it since last december, i see that they all switched to a new scoring system to align themselves better. Probably for the eventual merger in the future. My score is worth less now as a result. Which is their attempt to rescale the system to what it really should have been in the first place. But none of that matters to me anymore. After seeing that Wall Street sought enjoyment in playing with the livelyhoods of so many investors, i decided "fuck a bank". Fuck them all. I run my business with my own money, and always will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #199
sleeper108
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
sleeper108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
im about to turn 21, and I will finish off the 14k i borrowed for a new car in December 2011. (just over 2.4k left) I pay off my CC every month, so no debt there. I am about to get a house (150k-200k is my range atm) and with all the rates as they are, I will only be paying the utility bills, and putting off the rest on roommates who I've already talked to about moving in with me (contract signing them for minimum of 1 year, just in case).
sleeper108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:23 AM   #200
jumboflan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
jumboflan has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I am in no debt. Why is this thread even started? Because it's expensive to own a drift car? Lol? I would never get myself into a thread over a car. How about investing in something that returns and doesn't depreciate? lol. I owned my s13 for almost 8 years now. I never spent more than $1000(clutch, springs, welded diff, vlsd, 300zx calipers,cheap ass short throw shifter from ebay($45 and working still for 4.5 years)and rims) on it. It is still running like a champ. I am the ultimate savvy shopper. I prey on the good deals...this was even before the recession started. So, i wasn't taking advantage of anyone.

Last edited by jumboflan; 12-31-2010 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: forgot parts list
jumboflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:48 AM   #201
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
ugh..
like 475 for gay x shiney shit
annnd like 250 to bank of America
lame
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:13 PM   #202
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanic View Post
I'm sure not a lot of people here can say they're debt free. Statistics say that Americans are over grand total of over $1 trillion dollars in debt. What about you?
I have a Mortgage.

You options are great for college kids and chumps living at home.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #203
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboflan View Post
I am in no debt. Why is this thread even started? Because it's expensive to own a drift car? Lol? I would never get myself into a thread over a car. How about investing in something that returns and doesn't depreciate? lol. I owned my s13 for almost 8 years now. I never spent more than $1000(clutch, springs, welded diff, vlsd, 300zx calipers,cheap ass short throw shifter from ebay($45 and working still for 4.5 years)and rims) on it. It is still running like a champ. I am the ultimate savvy shopper. I prey on the good deals...this was even before the recession started. So, i wasn't taking advantage of anyone.
cool story bro
Old 01-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #204
titangts
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
titangts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboflan View Post
do you have any other cool stories like this bro?

im 22

~1k personal loan
~$500 CC
.. positive with more than i owe ( yea i know i should pay it off lol )

but i have cool sr s14, and 2jz FD rx7.. uh..but im going house shopping this year.. not to go in debt, but to only invest
titangts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #205
afred

afred is an unknown quantity at this point
debt free =D
afred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #206
ov1989
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
ov1989 will become famous soon enoughov1989 will become famous soon enoughov1989 will become famous soon enoughov1989 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
ovr 9k on a bmw
900 to bro
500 to gf and im unemployed haha
ov1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:07 AM   #207
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
25k in debt, just graduated

Ive got a good paying job and wont be spending much so Id like to pay it off within 1-2 years so just to not have anymore to worry about. But obviously this is way earlier than it should be paid

Since I will still be paying all of the interest, will my credit score suffer in any way?
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:16 PM   #208
atomicguy7
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
atomicguy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to atomicguy7
you guys are lucky, im well over 100k from school.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #209
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
Debt free and always broke. Sounds like an exciting life huh?
blingbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #210
allmotaef9

allmotaef9 is an unknown quantity at this point
debt free holla

well unless your counting a mortgage ooohhp! haha
allmotaef9 is offline   Reply With Quote