Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #91
swiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Location: Riverside, califoolyah...Hittin the beach, lookin for ballsuckers!
Trader Rating: (7)
swiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfectionswiftdrift is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to swiftdrift
I do agree that it does suck that Apple made it diffcult to replace batteries on iPhones... but it can be done. Luckily for me, I can replace screens, batteries, and just about any other part on an iPhone.

Here's my most recent replacement of my back glass after dropping it. I replaced the battery at the same time that I opened it up.

Just ordered clear screens so gonna be putting those one as soon as they come in.

Also just replaced my buddy's back glass just cuz he wanted it custom and different.

So whoever says iPhones are not easily customizable or fixable don't know sh*t lol

swiftdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #92
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardie View Post
I have had both and once you go S3 you will never go back. Also Rooted Android will always chop Jailbroken Iphone. Even non-rooted android can still do more than a Jailbroken Iphone, all apple products are limited by the hardware they use.
Nobody (as in the majority of the public) gives a flying fuck. You act like everyone buying an Android / iphone is in some state of emergency and in need to develop apps, and code the shit out of their phone.

All the average phone user wants is internet, texting, and a camera.

So please fuck off with all that root bullshit.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #93
Hardie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Hardie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nobody (as in the majority of the public) gives a flying fuck. You act like everyone buying an Android / iphone is in some state of emergency and in need to develop apps, and code the shit out of their phone.

Wow watchout

All I'm saying is the functionality Iphone is nothing compared to a 3S. Also just about everyone I know that either owns an Iphone or 3S has them Jailbroken/Rooted, its clear once again the "majority of the public" want more for free. Therefore when choosing a Smartphone Jailbraking/Rooting ability should be considered in the final decision. If the average phone user just wanted internet, texting, and a camera what would the point be in buying a smartphone.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:07 AM   #94
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
If the average phone user just wanted internet, texting, and a camera what would the point be in buying a smartphone.
internet, texting, and a camera?

I guess count me in as the average phone user. I just don't like how the GS series has 7 pages of bullcrap apps installed that I have no intention of using. Yes, rooting it does fix the issue, but it's not the end of the world. I have no interest in rooting/jail breaking.

Anyway, after looking into it, I'm going to pass on the iPhone 5/GS3. You guys were right, not many major improvements on the iPhone and the GS3 is just way too big for my liking.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #95
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

Truth.

Fuck I don't even play games anymore on my iPhone, so I could give a shit that Android has a billion more free games.

People only care about some core functionality, user interface and improving hardware performance.

Only geeked out nerds worry about coding, hacking and what not. People don't even know what RAM is, let alone the ability to state the performance difference of two numbers other than the big number is better.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #96
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Also just about everyone I know that either owns an Iphone or 3S has them.
Imagine that - phone nerd has phone nerds for friends....

In other news, Canadian Geese migrate exclusively with other Canadian Geese.

Quote:
If the average phone user just wanted internet, texting, and a camera what would the point be in buying a smartphone.
If all you need to do to get to work is drive, why do you need a brand new 300hp V6 Camry?

Once again, smartphones are constantly improving the way we use and access the Internet, videos and games. No one cares about coding or programing. We just want to watch cat videos, check MyBook and text pictures of ourselves in the bathroom mirror.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #97
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
love this

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 422723_535806246436820_1276392542_n.jpg (40.8 KB, 140 views)
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #98
enkei2k
Super Moderator

enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
bump for new iPhone 5S/5C release info today.

New iPhone: Apple announces iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S - chicagotribune.com

5S and 5C....yawn.

How much longer before Apple people realize that their products are truly starting to show their age and aren't really ground breaking anymore? Offering a cheaper product to appeal to a broader market seems like a desperation shot to me. Kinda like how you don't really see Ferrari offering a 30k car. Kinda loses it's prestige.

xquizitditz
Old 09-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #99
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
How much longer before Apple people realize that their products are truly starting to show their age and aren't really ground breaking anymore? Offering a cheaper product to appeal to a broader market seems like a desperation shot to me. Kinda like how you don't really see Ferrari offering a 30k car. Kinda loses it's prestige.
BBC - Capital - The end of Apple as we know it?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #100
7x13
Leaky Injector

7x13 is an unknown quantity at this point
First 64-bit processor phone is somewhat impressive.

The 5C appeals to me because I have yet to jump on the smart phone train.
Cheap version of the 5. $99 down plus an estimated $20+ with a 2-year contract somewhat in my price range.

But I'm actually waiting to get a GS4 for $200(insurance hook up) prepaid and unlimited everything for $60(MetroPCS or $70 for T-Mobile).
7x13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #101
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
bump for new iPhone 5S/5C release info today.

New iPhone: Apple announces iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S - chicagotribune.com

5S and 5C....yawn.

Cheaper product? The C is just a 5 with a Color back. It's replacing the regular 5.

It's not the Cheap entry phone "analysts" were expecting. It's the same upgrade path as before(3G->3GS,4->4S). They just went iPod with the colors.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #102
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Cheaper product? The C is just a 5 with a Color back. It's replacing the regular 5.

It's not the Cheap entry phone "analysts" were expecting. It's the same upgrade path as before(3G->3GS,4->4S). They just went iPod with the colors.
It's also still one size fits all.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #103
7x13
Leaky Injector

Quote:

Adding to this.

The C stands for Color, not cheap.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #104
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x13 View Post
Adding to this.

The C stands for Color, not cheap.
It stands for crap.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #105
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
It stands for crap.
The iPhone 5 is a work of art...
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...on_work_of_art
Old 09-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #106
7x13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
It stands for crap.
Dont buy it, problem solved.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #107
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Yawn.

That is how I feel about yesterdays event. I expected it to be that way though so I am not really all that surprised. I figured I'd be hanging on to my 4S until the 6 drops. Hopefully it doesn't die on me like my 3gs did.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #108
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x13 View Post
Dont buy it, problem solved.
Funny you should mention that.... since I ditched my iPhone 4 last year for a Note 2 because I was so disappointed with the iPhone 5.

My next laptop will be a Samsung as well (Macbook Pro atm).
Old 09-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #109
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Yawn.

That is how I feel about yesterdays event. I expected it to be that way though so I am not really all that surprised. I figured I'd be hanging on to my 4S until the 6 drops. Hopefully it doesn't die on me like my 3gs did.
Pretty much. I can't imagine them going beyond July for the 6.

It also baffles me how they refuse to offer two size versions like the Samsung Duo. That's money on the table. I know Apple is all "but omfg, wide screen don't fit in hand" but honestly, that's why you have two versions.

98'% of my phone usage is not talking on the phone.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #110
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Quote:

That's true. Color + Plastic. But $99 for a new contract phone is considered cheaper by Apple standards. It's $199 for the 5S.

But even though it's color, they're still offering different color cases Colorception?

xquizitditz
Old 09-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #111
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
How much longer before Apple people realize that their products are truly starting to show their age and aren't really ground breaking anymore? Kinda like how you don't really see Ferrari offering a 30k car. Kinda loses it's prestige.
I've never considered Apple as the Ferrari of phones, but stock traders have the same feeling as you with Apple shares dropping today about $25 (5%).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #112
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
That's true. Color + Plastic. But $99 for a new contract phone is considered cheaper by Apple standards. It's $199 for the 5S.

But even though it's color, they're still offering different color cases Colorception?
Going back to my example.
When the 3GS came out the 3G went to $99
When the 4 came out the 3GS went to $99
When the 4S came out the 4 went to $99
When the 5 came out the 4S went to $99

Why wouldn't the 5 go to $99 when the 5S came out?

Not like they have never offered multicolor in ipods to increase sales.

And if someone is going to say that an Android phone wouldn't do that.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #113
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
I've never considered Apple as the Ferrari of phones, but stock traders have the same feeling as you with Apple shares dropping today about $25 (5%).
I consider them the Porsche of phones. Stick to the same design philosophy with minor evolutions over time.

The only thing I find interesting about the iPhone 5C is the construction of the case. Yes it's plastic, but it's cut from a single piece using CNC machining.

The Brilliant Simplicity Behind the iPhone 5C's Design

Quote:
And if someone is going to say that an Android phone wouldn't do that.
Motorola dropped the ball by not offering this on all carriers right out the gate. I still think it's a brilliant idea and I'm going to patiently wait for the woodbacks before I consider this phone or the next Nexus.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #114
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Going back to my example.
When the 3GS came out the 3G went to $99
When the 4 came out the 3GS went to $99
When the 4S came out the 4 went to $99
When the 5 came out the 4S went to $99

Why wouldn't the 5 go to $99 when the 5S came out?
Not sure if you're serious, but they won't be marketing the 5 anymore.

The 5C is the replacement of the 5, which is why they changed the setup of the phone.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #115
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Not sure if you're serious, but they won't be marketing the 5 anymore.

The 5C is the replacement of the 5, which is why they changed the setup of the phone.
His point is the in the past they just sold the previous years Phone for $99. This time around, they are taking the previous years phone, making a cheaper version (plastic) and selling it for $99.

OMFG WHAT A SHOCK.

Meanwhile, the "new" phone is just an improvement on the previous phone.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #116
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Maybe Apple should make the iphone6 in the shape of a Christmas tree.

INNOVATION!

Rectangles are SO 00s.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #117
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
As always I'm going to skip Apple's off year phone. Also known as the 'somthingS'.

I have the option to get a 5S at no charge, and even that isn't really interesting me...

Next year when the 6 or whatever comes out I'll for sure purchase that. It will most likely be a nice jump in style and function as compared to my current 5.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #118
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
As always I'm going to skip Apple's off year phone. Also known as the 'somthingS'.

I have the option to get a 5S at no charge, and even that isn't really interesting me...

Next year when the 6 or whatever comes out I'll for sure purchase that. It will most likely be a nice jump in style and function as compared to my current 5.
This is my plan as well. My 3gs messed that up when it died I i had no choice but to get a 4s. I am trying my damndest to hang on to this one.

Articles like this make me hopeful for the future.

Apple Tests iPhone Screens as Large as Six Inches - WSJ.com
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #119
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have an LG Revere. I have had it for 4 years. It holds a charge for five days with continued use. I don't get on instagram when I'm having conversations with people. It's just the best.
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #120
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
His point is the in the past they just sold the previous years Phone for $99. This time around, they are taking the previous years phone, making a cheaper version (plastic) and selling it for $99.

OMFG WHAT A SHOCK.

Meanwhile, the "new" phone is just an improvement on the previous phone.
Aren't all the "new" phones improvements over the others? Also, the camera in the front facing camera is HD, that's a little bit better than the iPhone 5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothonaleash View Post
I have an LG Revere. I have had it for 4 years. It holds a charge for five days with continued use. I don't get on instagram when I'm having conversations with people. It's just the best.
Falls into abyss of other ignored comments.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote