Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #31
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_04K View Post
^^ Gentleman such as yourself need to post more threads when you use a product like CX and it works well. I wonder about a few of their things occasionally, but i wont commit to buying because it seems i hear a bad story for every good one i hear. However i do believe it is because consumers with problems are much more outspoken then those with success when it comes to these companies. Point being; I would like to see a thread showcasing your CX turbo setup and information on how its performing for you.
I will after my engine is re-assembled.
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #32
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
Seems kind of hit and miss. If people are having trouble with their radiators leaking, I wonder how many people have intercoolers that are leaking, but don't even realize it.
Pandapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #33
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
I was going to order a IC piping kit and I had a couple questions and that guy I talked to was a complete ass about it. I sent them an email,no reply, So I called them. I asked them if they have the IC piping for an rb swap into an s13 with greddy IM. They were going to have them in a couple of weeks.Sweet. well a day after I called him I got a reply on the email saying they don't offer the kit??I was like okay wtf, so I called them and asked about it and the guy got pissed because I called him again asking wtf was up. Also, when a rep. doesn't speak English well I don't like doing business with them. Only because it makes it hard to understand them.
After that I will never deal with them.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #34
napz510
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (36)
napz510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
I've been using the same turbo, manifold, intercooler, piping and couplers for 3 years now and I don't have any problem. I'm boosting 18 lbs on it and still works.. I even dynoed the car a couple times for different set up of ecu's. 4 of my buddies are using there turbo also and no issues....Ofcouse I use the good stuff on injectors, internals and JWT ecu..
napz510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:26 AM   #35
mikehok
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
mikehok is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Went to CxRacing today with a friend. And the worker or maybe he was the owner, taller Chinese dude was yelling at us. We came to pick up an intercooler kit for an s13 sr20det that we had called about earlier in the day. It was agreed $230 with powerder coated black piping and FMIC and bov. So the Chinese guy walks around the warehouse looking for parts, piecing pipings and couplers as he goes along, And starts to put them in a box. We said, do you have black pipings, he said, no, only chrome, and we're like whatever, we'll just painted with some flat black later on, no biggy. We stood there for a minute or two trying to visualize if he'd given us the correct parts cuzz he and the workers kinda threw stuff in the box and we wanted to make sure.

We asked him, is this everything and is it correct.

He straights up said, "You don't like don't buy, Leave."
We were like wtf?
He said, "I am busy don't waste my time, you don't like it don't buy it."
We were kinda pissed off, but said, whatever, we gave him the money and said can you write up a receipt or something just in case the bov or something is wrong.
He then said, "No receipt, don't buy it, don't waste my time."

We walked out with intercooler kit, and told him F**K dawg relax as we walked by a worker there, who was giggling as if he knew what an asshole the guy is. Other workers were respectful and offered to help us, this taller Chinese dude who is the owner or something was a total douche. Disrespectful person. Product is 8/10.
mikehok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #36
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
They're just another gray market shit-shop.
Brb..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #37
Grimsta
Leaky Injector

Grimsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandapants View Post
Seems kind of hit and miss. If people are having trouble with their radiators leaking, I wonder how many people have intercoolers that are leaking, but don't even realize it.
See now this I dont get. We sell TONS of CX stuff all day long. Radiators, intercooler kits, even some turbos and manifolds, and I mean we sell ALOT of their stuff.
I've never had a problem with a single radiator/intercooler/piping/even turbo! The only thing we've ever had an issue with are some of their manifolds cracking. Their KA24E turbo manifold has been a total thorn in the side of our FD Pro Am car, but we've super rewelded and reinforced it to where its not a problem any more, other than that a couple honda manifolds cracked and a miata manifold and thats it
Grimsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #38
NickIsAZero
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
NickIsAZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
I've used 2 of their radiators now with no issues at all. Also have had customers bring me their radiators to install and I haven't heard back from them.

In the past I've used their intercooler setups (s13, s14, 2g dsm) and they normally take a good bit of "massaging" to get correct but normally you can get them to work. The BOV's they offer are junk, just throw those away.
NickIsAZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #39
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
I have their radiator and its fine. You guys just probably got some bad ones.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #40
DRIFT-ELITE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
DRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruinDRIFT-ELITE is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
s13 fmic, 3'' turbo back exhaust w/ flexpipe, radiato, aluminum fan shroud with dual 12'' fans, aluminum overflow tank, greddy AND blitz rep. bov's, s13 ruca's...ALL of these i had on my old s13 coupe an never gave me any issues..only once did i have heating problems and that was bcuz my fans had disconnected..

on mw s14 so far i have CXRaing radiator that hasnt given me any issues... i plan on doing the same radiator/fan set-up...

never had any major issues with them...
Old 08-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #41
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
ive had their radiator for 6 months. no problems here
Trinidrift3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #42
S14Lee
Zilvia Member

S14Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
i have there radiator, and intercooler kit on my s14 sr and never had an issue. and the guy i deal with all the time is pretty cool.
S14Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #43
Grimsta
Leaky Injector

Grimsta is an unknown quantity at this point
turbos or manifolds- kiss your ass goodbye

radiators/intercoolers/piping- decent stuff, not all perfect, but decent
Grimsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #44
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxball88 View Post
I will after my engine is re-assembled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimsta View Post
turbos or manifolds- kiss your ass goodbye

radiators/intercoolers/piping- decent stuff, not all perfect, but decent
Funny as its been a little over a year now since that post. Still running the same turbo i ran 3 years ago (which engine i blew up) Rebuilt my engine to be beaten on (Months ago) and i'm still running the same Turbo and Tubular manifold along with everything else that came with my CXracing kit with no issues.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #45
badoon

badoon is an unknown quantity at this point
I just bought a cxracing gt28s turbo. It supposed to be a replacement turbo,bolt on for the s14 sr20det. First issue,the oil feed restrictor size was unknown,they gave me the specs 12x1.25. After taking the turbo to Parker hose,they found it was 12x1.0. When I called and emailed about the correct size,I got nowhere. I solved the problem myself. Second,once the turbo was on the manifold,I discovered it was clocked completely wrong! I called about it,they thought they may have sent the wrong turbo.i confirmed they sent me the right one and began getting the runaround. . So i re clocked the turbo only to find the wastegate no longer lines up now that turbo is clocked correctly. The wastegate was bolted to the turbo after it was clocked at the factory. So it's position was based on how the turbo sat. I changed how the turbo sat,n now the wastegate won't work corrctyl. So I modified my Garrett wastegate to work the cxracing turbo. I haven't ran the car yet,so I don't now what's gonna happen. I don't want cxracings help,warranty or an exchange or a refund. I want everyone to know,they sold me shit,gave me the runaround. I did a bunch of extra work to make it right and I don't even know if its going to last. No car for over a month. I needed something so I could go to work. I had no choice with the $ I had and the position I was in.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (510.2 KB, 30 views)
badoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #46
badoon

After reclocking the turbo,the wastegate doesn't work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (495.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 01-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #47
badoon

Made Garrett wastegate work.

I also have recorded the conversation of there excuses. I heard the owner liked to cuss customers out. Well if that was to happen,I want it for every1 to hear. The customer service guy,while nice,was no help. But like I said,I do t want there help or anything. They had there chance,I'm not wasting my time and cell phone minutes on this anymore. I did research,from what I read,out of all the china chargers,I thought they'd be the better of the 3 I know of. They claimed to be developed in the UsA,computer balanced and dyno tested. No other company was claiming that. Well lesson learned. The hard way! By the way,they have an "F" with the BBB,12 complaints. Many of which have been ignored. And also,I believe that cxracing was Skyquest before selling turbos. They went out of business too,looked like the BBB was on them too. Skyquest has the same owner,location and phone # as CXracing. Just changed the name and kept on truckin on....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (506.0 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #48
7RIFT0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
7RIFT0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Looks like its hit and miss. I have a fmic kit from them. No problems what so ever. But yea the 15 day return policy is bs. should at least be 90 days. You get what you pay for though so you should have known the risk.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #49
7RIFT0
Zilvia FREAK!

No one should ever buy a Chinese made piece of crap turbo PERIOD. Wait, save up the extra 800 dollars, get something actually reputable.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #50
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
godspeed >>> cx racing
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:05 AM   #51
badoon

Agreed! Your all right! I found Garrett Turbo and Electric is one hour from me. I took my Garrett to them. $500 and it ll be like new,with the added bonus of clean new finish and the exhaust portion of the turbo would be coated in ceramic for $50 more. So that's my plan. I just pray the china charger lasts till then.
Thanks for your time
Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #52
badoon

Just when I thought I figured it all out,the charge pipe doesn't fit now. This is BS!
The phrase " you get what you pay for" is also BS! I paid $ for a gt28s turbo,direct replacement. So my $ paid for one thing and I got another. I didn't get what I paid for. If I had,I'd be driving my car right now! Your $ is no more better than mine! This is my daily driver.. I was happy with the oem turbo. I never wanted a different one,especially cxracings. I could only afford what I bought. Thers was no other option with the time and $ I had. Now I have no car,and I'm completely out of $. My jobs on the line....
But hey,cxracing keeps on goin on...If I had returned the turbo,I'd still have no car and the added bonus of not having enough left to get another turbo because of shipping and ther 30% restock fee. Ther just making the dough!! Rollin in it!

Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #53
[email protected]
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Paul@mastermindna.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I'm running their radiator/e-fan, intercooler and piping on my RB25. Been running it for almost a year works fine for stock boost.

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-05-2013 at 10:39 AM..
Paul@mastermindna.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #54
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxball88 View Post
Funny as its been a little over a year now since that post. Still running the same turbo i ran 3 years ago (which engine i blew up) Rebuilt my engine to be beaten on (Months ago) and i'm still running the same Turbo and Tubular manifold along with everything else that came with my CXracing kit with no issues.
Alright so figured i'd update again.
CX turbo is now blown, after much abuse
Wastegate diapragm went (although i was running it off the manifold when its supposed to be boost only)
Wastegate flange ended up breaking off at the welds.
Overflow viewing hose cracked
Had manifold re-welded and braced, no issue since.
]
Old 01-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #55
ehp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ehp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSTAR View Post
Buy a Koyo and call it a day.

I never had problems with my Koyo's.....ever!!

Sorry to hear about that dude.
^^^^ so true for everything
ehp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #56
7RIFT0
Zilvia FREAK!

Everything Else >>> godspeed >>> cx racing. Sarcasm but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
godspeed >>> cx racing
Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #57
Xicor01
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Xicor01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Major praise to CXracing

I ordered something from ebay and accidentally sent it to the wrong address. After some emails between me and Kevin we squared it away and they changed the address, saving me from 40 bucks of shipping cost and 3 weeks on my build. Major praise to these guys and all they represent. Excellent costumer service. would definitely buy more cooling equipment from them again.
Xicor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:59 PM   #58
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Something sure has seemed to turn around with CXracing in the past few months. they always seemed to have alot of "copied/knockoff" stuff but i can't believe all the new swap kits/turbo kits/etc that they have been coming out with looking to hear more about the "new" cxracing.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #59
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I heard that they're planning on adding a Plug and Play wiring harness to the LSx swap kit they currently have.
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #60
Davidna2fi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
Davidna2fi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Buddy installed some of their coilovers and it rode very well, not as well as all the Stance and BC racing S13s I've ridden in, but for a street that had a lot of bumps, dampening was spot on, not bouncy at all, car was very streetable even with the 12K/8K springs it came with. I had a set and didn't know it and I just passed them onto a young drifter in the area... too bad he has yet to drive on them yet, I'm sure he'll love them.
Davidna2fi is offline   Reply With Quote