Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:52 AM   #1
longdy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longdy has much to be proud oflongdy has much to be proud oflongdy has much to be proud oflongdy has much to be proud oflongdy has much to be proud oflongdy has much to be proud oflongdy has much to be proud oflongdy has much to be proud oflongdy has much to be proud oflongdy has much to be proud oflongdy has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to longdy
ShadoWerks.com (steveshadows)

Alright its about time for someone to write up a review about shadowerks!!

ShadoWerks
-Owner is: Steve aka on Zilvia steveshadows
-Tunes almost every EMS that is out there on the market but he works best with the Haltech System!!
-He is a very nice person
-Very patient (unless he doesn't like you)
-VERY i mean VERY knowledgeable in many aspect of the 240sx
-His tuning is literally perfect (This is from my personal car I DD and race everyday!!!)
-He provides services to anyone, anywhere at a reasonable price with the reliability of his experience and history under his belt!!!
-AND Trust me Steve knows his shit from top to bottom!!!

This is Luke's and his car on the dyno:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=162072

My Tuning with Steve
my car
1990 Nissan 240sx Hatchback
-Apexi Power FC
tuned by steve with a datalogit
-sr20det *red top
-S15 Spec-R T28 Turbo
-upgraded equal length exhaust manifold
-Custom Actuator set at 10lbs of boost (sort of like the HKS one but steve made this one)
-Circuit Sport O2 Housing
-HKS downpipe
-Apexi Hybrid Exhaust
-Hybrid Performance Intercooler Kit
-relocated HKS SSQV BOV to the cold pipe
-Greddy Intake Manifold
-555 Nismo Injectors
-Stock cams

Yesterday November 4th 2007,
I finally went got a set up time and chance to get my car tuned by steve!..
my car was running with the Power FC for a while now with out major tune but it was set just for driveability. The ideal was off, AFR was wayyyy off, ignition map was off, and the list keeps on going. After the custom addition to the turbo, which allow it to run at 10lbs of boost w/o boost creep, we installed the AFR sensors, hooked up the laptop to the powerFC w/ the datalogit, and finally checked to see if everything was functioning properly. First thing steve says "Dude your fucked AFR is sooo fucken rich!!" lol. (which explains the frequent stops at the gas station to fill up.) We got down to tuning the whole EMS with a Program or system (however you want to say it) called the Datalogit. Took awhile for steve to get the hang of the datalogit system, since he is so use to the haltechs programs, but when he did it was boom boom boom he started to knock down all the pins that the PoweFC had standing in his way!!!.lol

These are the stuff he Tuned that I know of:
  1. Air and Fuel Ratio (AFR)
  2. Fuel Map w/ live time reading and writing
  3. Ignition Map
  4. Timing map
  5. Inspected the Engine for major internal or external Damages
RESULTS:

Total time was about 3 - 3 1/2 Hours
But the results were WORTH every minute that was spent tuning with him. The car ran so well that it even took out a Camaro SS with heavy cams, huge ass hood, and some mean ass racing slicks in the rears!!.. whats even funnier was we gave him a head start!. From what you could see i have very lite mods and nothing MAJOR done to the head or block but rather it was the tuning that changed my car from night to day!!! I am very happy with the results and i would love to do business with him again!!

EVERYONE has to check him out if you need help with serious racing or serious tuning!!!!!!
Or if anyone has any question regarding anything i posted PM me or Steve.

The Website: http://www.shadowerks.com/
Myspace: www.myspace.com/shadowerks
Email: [email protected]
AND
ME (longdy): www.myspace.com/longdy (hehe had too!!! )

-Dee man .
Old 11-06-2007, 07:29 AM   #2
Inlandsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
Inlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond reputeInlandsilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Inlandsilvia
that some good stuff...I am going to hit him up.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Yeah Steve is awesome, he also has 18" arms
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
3 1/2 with no BS
Tuned:
Air and Fuel Ratio (AFR)
Fuel Map w/ live time reading and writing
Ign Map
Timing map
monitored for Knock

Ended up with 201WHP Stock S14 SR w/ PFC, 740cc inj FMIC etc at 15 PSI.

Last edited by MADE; 08-10-2010 at 04:11 AM..
MADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
mangoes
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I've been messaging Steve through PM's about some issues with my car and hes answered each and every one back with informative answers. If everything goes well this week for me, my car should be strapped down on his dyno on Sunday, w00t!

Haven't even met him in person yet but, hes GREAT!

Outside Family
mangoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
mangoes
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
mangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond reputemangoes has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Just got back from getting tuned by Steve. He and Mike are AWESOME. w00t. He was very knowledgeable about everything. During the tuning, he would explain some things he was doing with me. He took care of my misfiring problem right from the get go. He knew I wanted more low end torque for drifting and more response so that was how he tuned the car. The car's timing was advanced too much and was also running super rich so he took care of that. He made sure my knock levels were in check and tuned it so if I spike, it won't be too harmful. I am very very satisfied with the tune, it was totally worth it. The car pulls sooo smoothly and sooo hard, its amazing. My friend said it felt like a whole different car and I agree. My drive home was uber fun HAHA. I will recommend him to anyone that needs tuning.

Mods:

-S14 SR20DET
-APEXi PowerFC
-APEXi boost controller kit (controlled by PowerFC)
-Garrett GT2871R w/ .64 housing
-NISMO 555cc injectors
-DENSO 260 lph fuel pump
-Z32 MAF sensor
-Blitz air filter
-R33 GTR intercooler w/custom piping
-Megan stainless exhaust manifold
-TRUST Turbo extension
-Blitz 3” Stainless downpipe
-Blitz 3” Stainless testpipe
-GReddy Ti-C 3” catback
-TRUST front mount oil cooler w/ filter relocation kit – all stainless braided lines
-GREDDY oil pan
-KOYO Radiator
-stock cams

Final Results:

boost was set at 1.1 bar

THANK YOU SO MUCH STEVE AND MIKE!!!!!!!!!!

Outside Family
mangoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #7
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
EDIT- Sorry, didn't realize i just posted a question in the review forum. My bad and free bump.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
SiI40sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
SiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfectionSiI40sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SiI40sx
No tuning for me YET. My car is still too stock (smic, stock boost, etc), but I did do a dyno pull to see where I'm at, a healthy 180whp. Steve and Mike are VERY professional and told me the differences between dyno's and how they read / work. Steve is on the ball with tuning and Im anxiously waiting to get my car tuned by him. Don't hesitate to get your car tuned RIGHT!
SiI40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #9
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yeah, I just had my rb s13 tuned yesterday and it feels great! Here's my mod list:

rb25det
550cc injectors
Power FC
stock cams
stock turbo @ 9lbs
z32 twin turbo fuel pump

I made 209hp to the wheels which isn't bad. My turbo is the weak link so after I change it to a gt3071r with a head gasket I will be able to pull 350-400 no prob. My goal yesterday was to get rid of the flat spot between 3-4k RPM and to get a crisp tune. I'm happy with the car and the torque is great, good job Steve.
s13coupedrfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #10
Este510
Zilvia Member

Este510 will become famous soon enoughEste510 will become famous soon enoughEste510 will become famous soon enoughEste510 will become famous soon enoughEste510 will become famous soon enough
My car (s13) is running great thanks to Steve.

Mods:
sr20det red top
icevex intercooler
cutom 3" I.C. piping
Q45 throttle body
intake manifold
72# msd injectors
apexi power fc
bc step 2 cams
bc valve springs & retainers
tomei header
gt3076r .63 ar bottom mount turbo @17psi
3" exhuast

It made 373 wheel hp, it pulls hard, very satisfied customer, Oh and the car only weighs 2460. Thanks Steve!

I can't seem to post a picture of the dyno chart.

Last edited by Este510; 06-06-2008 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: insert image
Este510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #11
MADE
Zilvia Addict

MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Last weekend I took a trip down to Canyon Racer Motorsports to have Mike and Steve look over my setup and bring more life out of it. First off I'd like to thank Steve for working around my crazy schedule and working around his own to hook it up before I head back to the sandbox. After going over everything Steve trashed my old map and retuned my Setup and I came out impressed. More torque,power and overall better. Like a new piece of ____. I just can't get enough of driving this thing again. Results 230WHP same setup as previously posted.

Last edited by MADE; 08-27-2010 at 11:47 AM..
MADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #12
Este510
Zilvia Member

Este510 will become famous soon enoughEste510 will become famous soon enoughEste510 will become famous soon enoughEste510 will become famous soon enoughEste510 will become famous soon enough
Thanks to Steve my car is running very strong, setup at 21psi, with a stock bottom end. It runs on 91 and methanol/water injection after 15 psi. One gallon of methanol/water mixed will last about 15-18 1/4 mile runs, very satisfied. Car made 412whp and 300+ torque, oh and now only weighs 2380lb so it gets up. If I ever get a different setup I'll definitley give Steve a ring. Thanks again Bro!!!!

Last edited by Este510; 07-13-2008 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: inserting image
Este510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 AM   #13
NismoB13
Zilvia FREAK!

NismoB13 is close to perfectionNismoB13 is close to perfectionNismoB13 is close to perfectionNismoB13 is close to perfectionNismoB13 is close to perfectionNismoB13 is close to perfectionNismoB13 is close to perfectionNismoB13 is close to perfectionNismoB13 is close to perfectionNismoB13 is close to perfectionNismoB13 is close to perfection
Took my car to Steve last weekend and the car runs in a night and day difference. I'm using a crappy SAFCII for tuning on top of a ROM tune ECU (calumsult) so only so much could be done. Steve and Mike know their stuff and they need to be contacted if you're serious about getting your car dialed in!

BTW, I'm running S15 turbo at 13lbs, Jim Wolf S3 cams, fidanza flywheel, custom exhaust and made 240whp on their dyno dynamics. FWD SR20 and spins 3rd gear on azenis.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #14
deukalionS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
deukalionS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Steveshadows review!!

Hey,As some of you know my car has been in bad shape for a while. I had McKinney motorsports install parts for me while i was in Iraq and other than some minor timing issues nothing was wrong.A couple days later after running her hard a bit it started acting up and i couldnt rev past 4000 rpm and had a lot of trouble driving up to WSIR for the even on the 14th.I took it back to McKinney and couldnt figure it out what the problem was. we were going to remove the injectors and send them out for testing but i chose to take it to Steve for help instead to see what he thought.He offered me his diagnostic package (which was well priced. contact him for more info) and i took him up on his offer.Also, earlier this month i took the car to be dynod by him and was very satisfied with his service. pricing everything is very affordable and his KNOWLEDGE (i stress this because it means a lot) of tuning and trouble shooting is insane. Look up his posts and follow him around a bit if you doubt me.Steve was very professional and extremely knowledgable with 240's and SR's and within an hr had the car running great!!I had a massive vacuum leak that i couldnt find and the timing was off. The FPR was off and some other very minor things that when put together caused the car to run like ass and extra rich.I will be getting a Power FC and have him tune it for me too He took me out for a ride in his S13 that has power upgrades and a haltech stand alone which pushes 415WHP and i couldnt believe how fast it was and how well it ran. his car is pretty much stock when it comes to internals. He really showed me what it means to have a perfect tune...i think all he has done is cams and it runs like no other...i've never seen a car pull that hard and run that well. He sold me with his knowledge and ability and i encourage others to look him up here on Zilvia and hit him up with questions and service. hes a great guy and helped me get my car back where it should be...thanks for ending the 2 weeks of depression steve...
deukalionS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I just got my tune from Steve and Yes he is awesome... He works magic. I know my way around the system, but he knows timing and what an SR can do. He is simple just pro at tuning SR's hands down.

I focused on response for my car and all I can say is, its sick.... At 4800 RPM with 290+ Lbs of torque and 200 lbs of torque at 4000k.... What else could you want.... Geezus....

Steve is super knowledgeable and totally no bullshit.... At this point, I am not doing doing anything else to the motor.... If it were, it would be just porting the intake and exhaust manifolds. I want to keep the torque and get it as early as possible.....

Steve knew the potential and he has a vision in his tunes.... That is what makes him different from all tuners..... Tuner God's Voice....

Straight amazing....! Thanks Steve, no body is better period and I have been to tuners!

-Ken

Old 05-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #16
deukalionS14
Zilvia Junkie

^^ damn homie! thats great numbers!!! i took my car to him on saturday to get tuned but just my luck the Power FC doesnt work?! wtf?!!! hahaha so he diagnosed the car real quick with my current rom tune from JWT and noticed extreme knocking at 15psi..AT ONLY 15PSI!!! soooo garbage tune from JWT...whatever, so he looks at it and plays with what he can and sets my EBC at 11.5PSI and I put out 315whp!! i cant wait to have him tune my car!!! he works magic and KNOWS what he is talking about!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #17
MandTPhotography
Zilvia Addict

MandTPhotography is an unknown quantity at this point
Bah I wish Steve was closer to me!
MandTPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #18
deukalionS14
Zilvia Junkie

^^hahaha yeah i guess i should concider my self lucky to live out here around so much talent!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #19
dvslegend79

Trader Rating: (0)
dvslegend79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shadowerks everyone!!!

Steve at shadowerks is the SHIZNIT peoples!!! He is really knowledgable at what he does. Im pretty new to his tuning and style, but from my experience so far, I will DEFINITELY be doing business with him from here on with any of our tuning issues in our shop. TO ALL, SUPER DUPER UBER HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to anybody who needs their machine to be tuned and or remotely tuned. Even over the phone, this guys very attentive. Example, we're new to the RB tuning industry and found steve at Shadowerks. Right away, in a few moments, I have maps made out!!!!! GREAT job steve and affiliates!!! You guys have my business!!! hats tipped to ya steve!!!

THANKS!!!

Last edited by dvslegend79; 09-21-2009 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: sloppy
dvslegend79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #20
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I paid Steve a few bucks in exchange for some consultation time. He gave me valuable advice regarding:

Cam selection
Flywheel selection
Clutch disk selection
Spring/retainer selection
Head disassembly/assembly tips/techniques

And in general, we just discussed some things related to 240s.

I knew a good amount about what I was doing before talking to Steve, but he confirmed many things I was not 100% on and gave me advice on things i knew nothing about.

Reading posts on a forum is fine and dandy, but what you are getting are a lot of bits and pieces of advice from people who have (mostly) either done something ONCE or HEARD from someone that blah blah blah blah blah.

I consulted with Steve, because I knew I would be getting advice from someone who has done the job many dozens of times and tried most of the different parts that are out there.

I highly recommend talking to him if you are undecided between options for your motor (choosing from different cams/turbos/etc) or are just looking for some help/advice.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #21
driftertim
Zilvia Member

driftertim is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to driftertim Send a message via MSN to driftertim
I have heard nothing but good things about Steve, I plan on getting a remote tune by him once my paypal gets verified and he gets my payment. I called him and he spoke to me and gave me some excellent advice in regards to what cams and what stand alone to buy. I just got my PFC with datalogit in the mail today. Thanks to Leonard 400hps13coupe i might have his name wrong. But Steve knows more than most of the guys I've spoken to in person who have years of experience. a lot of people change and grow Big Heads when they start making a lot of cash and dont care about the little guys anymore. Steve is not one of them, Answered my call on a Sunday n im sure he has much better things to do. Thanks to everyone for confirming he is legit. His advise will save a lot us tons of headaches n mistakes and money.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #22
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I just got a remote tune from Steve (still in progress, prolonged by the rain over here) and simply put this dude is amazing.

Where to start ?

Car was missing, breaking up as soon as it hit boost, could go over 5000 rpms, could run any boost whatsoever, and idled and even ran at 10.1 AFR's. Undriveable basically.

First base/test tune he sent the car feels like i'm sitting in a freaking jet plane at 15psi. His tune idled perfect and striaght to redline without dropping off, just sick!

Dude is amazing......simply amazing....I would recommend him to anyone....anywhere.

He has an thorough knowledge of SR and tuning, and text or answers his phone just about anytime you contact him. I started emailing him on Friday night late, sent him software and current map Saturday I thing, he had a MAP back to me Sunday.....yes Sunday!!!!
s15specR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #23
VATOCLOWN
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
VATOCLOWN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Kid is sick we made 283hp and the same tourq at 15psi we could have made more but boost controller started acting funny but kid is sick i recommend this guy to any one.
VATOCLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #24
MADE
Zilvia Addict

VC what is your setup?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #25
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
AMAZING dude. Very patient with me, even when I was annoying as hell. His tune is incredible, and I will definitely do business with him again. Thanks for everything Steve.
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #26
VATOCLOWN
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
VATOCLOWN is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i got an sr redtop 87mm cp pistons, manly h beams rods, acl race bearings, bc stage 2 cams, supertec valve train dual inner/outer springs, gt2871r, tomei manifold, power fc d jetro. motor was built localy by jg engine dynamics. but the car was nothing without a tune we could have made more power but my boost contoller started tripin. but steve knows his stuff ill be going back soon with a new boost controller and a water/meth injection kit
VATOCLOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #27
titangts
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
titangts is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Steve shadow @ shadowerks!

This dude is Fuking amazing guys! sent me an online tune for my barely running RB25det s1 s14.

got it dyno'd (will have graph up this week!! no BS )

the tune he sent me is a Base map. for my set up

255 fuel pump
550cc injectors
jecs adjustable fuel pressure regulator
top mount holset h1c "the big one"
greddy intake mani + q45 TB
J60 maff
stock motor.

tuned with a Apexi PFC

his base map with NO modifications earned me

350whp and 306 ft-lbs on 15psi

400whp and 366 ft-lbs on 19psi.

this was at 6500 rpm on a rb25det! i made peak power at 6500 rpm. the graph was still climbing! i just decided to let off then.

now people realize this is his BASE MAP!!
ignition timing is extremely conservative.
my AFR's where perfect. low 11's until red-line
the car drives amazing PERIOD. no issues at all.

any questions Email this dude asap!! if you need help he answers ASAP. like almost weird fast lol. even with other car questions i had too. Not just tuning related. 240sx related!
http://www.shadowerks.com/

Steve. Thanks so much man! i would have been lost with out you!
titangts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #28
R33E8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
R33E8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I didn't a good experience with Steve.. I paid for the gold service package but received none of it. After slow communication (usually a day or 2 before receiving a reply), what I did receive was a completely wrong fuel map and timing map for my Bikirom.. If I ran his map I would have been over 18:1 afr at high load and rpm, and the timing was retarded all around more than stock. None of the maps accounted for boost since he wanted me to use the stock load scale.. He also didn't include any of the info like a new injector scaling factor that I needed so I could run a z32 maf.. After informing him of this I was forgotten for 3 weeks... When I asked for a refund he refused... Sucks.. If you use a bikirom, nistune, calumsult etc, then I don't recommend him... And DO NOT pay him on paypal through the gift method.. It's so you can't dispute and receive a refund if you have a situation similar to mine.
R33E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:02 AM   #29
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
edited......

s14 kouki ka-t

Last edited by turbo2nr; 07-19-2010 at 07:01 AM..
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #30
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
this is almost exactly what happened to me but with a pfc d jetro ecu. the tune i bought was a limp map at best but i paid for the gold package. i have been trying to get as hold of steve to get the car running right but havent heard from him in over a month. he also sent me the wrong injector lag times along with an overly lean fuel map. infact when comparing the original pfc tune to the tune im running now (self tuned with wideband) they are closer to each other than the tune i got from steve with his tune being way off.

also in the past few months ive asked a few pfc related questions in the tech section only to recieve a pm from steveshodows trying to sell me a base map or other tuning services; something ive already paid for!

i would not recomend the base map services to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R33E8 View Post
I didn't a good experience with Steve.. I paid for the gold service package but received none of it. After slow communication (usually a day or 2 before receiving a reply), what I did receive was a completely wrong fuel map and timing map for my Bikirom.. If I ran his map I would have been over 18:1 afr at high load and rpm, and the timing was retarded all around more than stock. None of the maps accounted for boost since he wanted me to use the stock load scale.. He also didn't include any of the info like a new injector scaling factor that I needed so I could run a z32 maf.. After informing him of this I was forgotten for 3 weeks... When I asked for a refund he refused... Sucks.. If you use a bikirom, nistune, calumsult etc, then I don't recommend him... And DO NOT pay him on paypal through the gift method.. It's so you can't dispute and receive a refund if you have a situation similar to mine.
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote