Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
homegaragespl
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
homegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stance coilovers, bad cust service, bad coilovers

Bought a set of Stance GR +, brand new.

installed it on the S13, took it to maybe 3 or 4 drift events. Didnt even daily drive the car. Didnt crash or get into any accidents.

Rear passenger shock/strut/ damper wouldnt go down anymore. Took it to a reputable local performance shop to confirm this. *edit* forget about the stupid sleeves, its not even worth talkin about. Its not even the major problem.

called Stance regarding the issue.
First time, called them, and explained the situation, they asked me to get the invoice number from the distributor i got it from. So I got that.
2nd time, called them, they didnt answer their phone for the longest time. Had to call tougefactory, someone from there answered, cuz they are the same company you know? The lady there said the R&D department was in a meeting, so I left a number. Never got a call back.

3rd and 4th time, called and left number and msg. Never got a call back.

This happen in a 3 month span. Its not like I didnt give them time.
Stance is junk, customer service sucks so bad.

So all you people who dont run stance coilovers, and yet think so highly about them. Well, Dont. Cuz I used to read threads about how good stance coilovers were, and was curious. So bought a set. Tried it out, and they were not as good as it was hyped up to be.

What am i running now? I was thinking of running the megan tracks. Many 240 owners I know in the area uses megan, and seems to be reliable. (yes, i know it might ride pretty rough) And since they are local, they cant hide behind the phone. Hahahhaha

Last edited by homegaragespl; 11-03-2007 at 08:26 PM..
homegaragespl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2007, 10:10 AM   #2
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
I am very very surprised that this would ever happened. How long have you had your coilovers for? I think you need to contact the distributer directly and deal with them. Yes, Tougefactory is STANCE,VS,ORIGIN, and god knows what else.
But I mean, you need to see the private policy of where you got them from and see what they can do for you. I highly doubt you will get your money back. Can you proof that it was a manufacture defect?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
Xracer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Xracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xracer
Ive had my GR+ for about 2 years. besides them rusting and seizing around the treaded body and dampening adjustment, they still work quite well. Just cant change my ride height anymore. But i know the guys over at touge factory and im suprised to hear this as well.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:06 AM   #4
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to i need tires
surprised to hear this also.. i have called Stance.. the one in IL and i have gotten in contact with them every time.. and i also love my coilovers.. i just took a hammer and flat headed screw driver to the couler and they dont move on bit... sorry to hear man but i love my coilovers.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
Nachtmensch
Zilvia Addict

Nachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond repute
i agree with "i need tires" and "xracer." i know the guys over at TF and they are usually very willing to help me out with things. when i had stance GR+ on my s13 (car was sold) they worked no problem mechanically. the collars did lock up after winter, but i was told some anti-seize could fix this.

i also used a flathead screwdriver to lock the collars together. the spanner wrenches are not enough to tighten them. i believe even brands like Apexi reccommend using a screwdriver to lock the collars together.

when i did buy my stance in may of 06, i went there and bought them directly. rob was happy to assist me and explain how everything works because they were my first coilovers. i was VERY happy with them and the performance they geve my s13. i dont see why many people are having issues with them.
Nachtmensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:23 AM   #6
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

i need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to alli need tires is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
Ive had my GR+ for about 2 years. besides them rusting and seizing around the treaded body and dampening adjustment, they still work quite well. Just cant change my ride height anymore. But i know the guys over at touge factory and im suprised to hear this as well.
sorry to hear about the rust man! the joy of living in Arizona

homegaragespl:
also... are these your first coilovers?!?! because u going from Stance to Megans is defiantly a down grade?! of were you just hard up on money at the time..
Old 10-31-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
homegaragespl
Zilvia Junkie

homegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to beholdhomegaragespl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by i need tires View Post
sorry to hear about the rust man! the joy of living in Arizona

homegaragespl:
also... are these your first coilovers?!?! because u going from Stance to Megans is defiantly a down grade?! of were you just hard up on money at the time..

went from megan street to stance to megan track.
honestly. Didnt feel any difference from the megan street to the stance GR+
The GR+ felt softer when it was still working. But thats about it.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

ah ok main reason i got my stance is because they go low! *sorry im a ricer* haha and i also got a deal on them thru a friend so i defiantly couldnt pass it up.. but slap them back on a try some of the things we told ya do to and see if it helps
Old 10-31-2007, 12:36 PM   #9
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
i never had a problem with my old gr+ pro's...
and ya ur spossed to use a flathead to tighten em all the way
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
damn this sucks i was about to order a set of GR+ pro's..... maby re-thinking but i've heard KTS arent very good quality either.....

oh and "i need tires" you suck for trying to name jack me...... glad i had mine years before you....
Old 10-31-2007, 01:45 PM   #11
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
damn this sucks i was about to order a set of GR+ pro's..... maby re-thinking but i've heard KTS arent very good quality either.....

oh and "i need tires" you suck for trying to name jack me...... glad i had mine years before you....
haha! we have been using the similar names for about the same time..

im assuming you know Ameen and Amir?!?

and get Stance man i just dont think this guy took the right precautions when he was installing them and had problems..
Old 10-31-2007, 03:16 PM   #12
qt_240
Nissanaholic!

qt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really nice
guys at Touge are always very helpful in everything.... And i LOve my Stance GR+3's =) .. And i've always gotten through when i called them.. they're also always on AIM during business hours.... Stance > Megan (but then again thats just my opinion)
qt_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Flybert
Post Whore!

Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
My Apexi N1 PRO collars used to come loose as well until I used a hammer and a punch to really tighten them down. It's common for most coilovers to do this.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:39 PM   #14
i need tires
Zilvia FREAK!

seems like this guy doesnt have much experience with coilovers, sooo pretty much u wasted money by buying new coilovers..
Old 10-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #15
xamraci
Zilvia Member

xamraci will become famous soon enoughxamraci will become famous soon enoughxamraci will become famous soon enoughxamraci will become famous soon enough
I havent heard anything bad about Stance Really...I am rocking F2AUTOLIFE coilovers and ABSOLUTELY love them...and my buddy is running STANCE on his S14 and I havent heard anything bad...

If they didnt get back with you in time about the issue...thats just CRAP...and I can feel your pain on that for other instances I have delt with...If anything I would keep attemptingto get some answers...but I am not one to speak...I freak out if my friends get screwed around...

GL and check out www.F2autolife.com preston offers some good products and the customer service is awesome
xamraci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:47 PM   #16
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
Do the Stance have a torrington bearing?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:26 PM   #17
homegaragespl
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
haha! we have been using the similar names for about the same time..

im assuming you know Ameen and Amir?!?

and get Stance man i just dont think this guy took the right precautions when he was installing them and had problems..
stfu you stupid ricer, wtf do you know about right precaution.
YOU SWEAR fucking coilovers are hard to put on.

As for the sleeves, i didnt want to hammer it, spent like a thousand bux on the dam things, you know?
Old 10-31-2007, 10:44 PM   #18
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
seems like this guy doesnt have much experience with coilovers, sooo pretty much u wasted money by buying new coilovers..
um yea ok he has plenty of experience with coilovers.

I've only owned two sets of coilovers. Megan street (8/6) and stance gr+ pro (9/7). IMO the stances dampen better than the megans but the megans are not bad coilovers. They are under rated. Before you even think of flaming me, tell me that some other coilover out there is 2 times better in quality of megans. I say this because you have to pay twice the amount that you do for a megan coilover. And, if there is a quality that costs twice as much as a megan and performs twice the better, tell me that double the price is more affordable than something half the price.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:44 PM   #19
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamraci View Post
I havent heard anything bad about Stance Really...I am rocking F2AUTOLIFE coilovers and ABSOLUTELY love them...and my buddy is running STANCE on his S14 and I havent heard anything bad...

If they didnt get back with you in time about the issue...thats just CRAP...and I can feel your pain on that for other instances I have delt with...If anything I would keep attemptingto get some answers...but I am not one to speak...I freak out if my friends get screwed around...

GL and check out www.F2autolife.com preston offers some good products and the customer service is awesome
Those function forms look exactly like Ksports. lol
I have several friends having problems with Stance. Its not uncommon. In fact I have since decided I will not run them because of all this.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:45 PM   #20
C. Senor
Post Whore!

C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
^damn that sucks.....put mine on, used the spanner wrenches. i daily my car, had them on for about 5-6 months maybe like 3-4 thousand miles on them. i havnt had any problems with them. granted they are my first set of coilovers, but i love them. maybe you just got unlucky. there is always going to be a few defects in a such a large quanity of things. for instance sony is quite the reputable brand. their products 98 percent of the time work great and last for ever, but there is always bound to be those few products that just dont work and break real fast. can't expect everything to be perfect. but just from the research i did before i bought the stances, you're the first person that i heard anything negative about them, and the couple other guys that voiced out they had a problem, but that's not alot of people relative to the number of coilover sets stance probably sells.

i guess what i'm trying to say is, it's cool that you need to get out some frustration, but you shouldnt go bashing a company for one bad item. it sucks that they as a company treated that way, and that is completely cool to bash on them for because after all without people like you and me buying their products they wouldnt be around. but i wouldn't go around telling people not to buy stance based of one personal experience.

but that's just my opinion.

C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:08 PM   #21
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
Tell me you did not just compare Stance to Sony...wow
Old 10-31-2007, 11:22 PM   #22
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside180sx View Post
Tell me you did not just compare Stance to Sony...wow
He did, lol.

I should add what I am saying is not bashing Stance. I have heard reports from several friends of problems. I have made a decision I would not run them because of that. That is not bashing its a choice and a opinion. Its also called common since. You don't buy food that makes several people sick if you know it made several people sick. Stance has a problem, there is a whole thread about on Zilvia. They are having problems, when they sort them out, then they indeed might be a worthy product to purchase. Until then it would be wiser not to be a product that is having known problems. Thats called common sense, not bashing.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:23 PM   #23
C. Senor
Post Whore!

C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
^yes i just did. it's not that hard to figure out the correlation i was trying to make

Old 10-31-2007, 11:33 PM   #24
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13coupeluv View Post
^yes i just did. it's not that hard to figure out the correlation i was trying to make
no the correlation is downright hysterical. The shear number of a particular product Sony manufactures versus the defects puts the percentage of defects at close to 1% maybe less. The Number of Coilovers Touge Factory has manufactured as the Stance product vs the number of defects is probably closeer to 10-15% maybe higher. They do not produce enough coilovers vs the number of complaints that are starting to show up to draw a correlation between them and Sony.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #25
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegaragespl View Post
stfu you stupid ricer, wtf do you know about right precaution.
YOU SWEAR fucking coilovers are hard to put on.

As for the sleeves, i didnt want to hammer it, spent like a thousand bux on the dam things, you know?

i feel you
but that's how u tighten them

some coilovers have a pic showing to do that...
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:49 AM   #26
C. Senor
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
no the correlation is downright hysterical. The shear number of a particular product Sony manufactures versus the defects puts the percentage of defects at close to 1% maybe less. The Number of Coilovers Touge Factory has manufactured as the Stance product vs the number of defects is probably closeer to 10-15% maybe higher. They do not produce enough coilovers vs the number of complaints that are starting to show up to draw a correlation between them and Sony.

i understand the numbers part of it, which is why i took no offense when criticized initially about my reference. it is the fact that both stance(touge factory) and sony are companies that in particular areas of expertise, are both known to be best bang for the buck quality. rarely do either of those companies, have dramatic defects. but what ever, make of my correlation what you will. i stated my opinion. and that's that. anyone can say what ever they like, but as for this specific thread i am done. hope every one has a great weekend.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #27
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Way to argue in a complete circle, what do we as buyers have, but to go on but our own experience when buying stuff?

I'm about to make a thread about some bullshit I bought recently, but that's only if the situation isn't handled nicely by the company I bought from, and the company itself.

We as the buyers of parts that are "For off-road use only" really get the shaft when a part of ours fails mechanically and we get stuck with the cost of shitty sellers hiding behind that saying.

Great companies handle their business and practice good customer service to maintain a good image and an even better business moral for itself and the employees of the company. SPLparts is a GREAT example of this.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #28
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13coupeluv View Post
i understand the numbers part of it, which is why i took no offense when criticized initially about my reference. it is the fact that both stance(touge factory) and sony are companies that in particular areas of expertise, are both known to be best bang for the buck quality. rarely do either of those companies, have dramatic defects. but what ever, make of my correlation what you will. i stated my opinion. and that's that. anyone can say what ever they like, but as for this specific thread i am done. hope every one has a great weekend.
Ok I was not going to respond to this but, well here we go.
Sony is not always known for bang for the buck. In fact they were always more expensive and still are than a lot of the other Japanese brands. Quality ya but you paid for it.

Now Touge Factory? You cannot even put that Store in the same catagory as Sony. Sony manufacturers their own stuff. Touge Factory is a retail store that has stepped into the wholesale side of the auto parts business. They actually do not manfacture the stuff they sell. They either resell already manufactured products or have a third party manufacture stuff for them. In sense you could say Touge Factory makes Stance because its their line but they don't actually made the product its made for them, and not in the U.S.

There is no possible way they would be able to market them for the price they do if they did. Touge Factory has done a great job of keeping that under wraps.
Yes, Touge Factory has worked with the manafucturing plant contracted to make the product and put input into the design. Though the problems people are reporting are a quality control issue and Touge Factories falling down on the customer support side because of it.
Now if you had not made such blatantly blind statements, I might not have brought this to light but well you did, so here it is.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-01-2007, 02:50 AM   #29
StaticX27
Zilvia Junkie

StaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond reputeStaticX27 has a reputation beyond repute
In his defense, sony does outsource alot of their products to third party companies (not in the US or Japan :P). I see the point he was trying to make though, in that any manufacturer; big or small, will have defects in their product, same as JIC who was getting a reputation for collapsing shock towers, etc. Which is a valid point to make, but the lack of customer service sounds to me like they know their product is failing, but don't have the budget to warranty their product.
StaticX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:50 AM   #30
Nachtmensch
Zilvia Addict

Nachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionR240sx View Post
i feel you
but that's how u tighten them

some coilovers have a pic showing to do that...
true statement.

D2 actually told me to put electrical tape over my collars after tightening with a screwdriver to eliminate an 'unusual noise'

(sorry for being a bit off topic of stance, just showing that it is in the instructions of some manufactures)
Nachtmensch is offline   Reply With Quote