Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Quote:
Originally Posted by compactfean View Post
The stock ecu will run your car just fine up to about 14psi! With a good.fuel pump and fuel pressure set to stock, you will run about 10.5 or so afr while wot. No need for a tune and will be super reliable.
Some will and some wont. I am a tuner and have tuned several stock setups. I have never seen a s13 sr want more than 12 psi and most only want 10psi even tuned. I think the ones that can take 12 is just because of a decrepancy on the gauges. I have had some have trouble fueling them even at 10psi and some seem to have more fuel if I needed it. Your advice may have worked for you and your friends but you need to be careful when giving blanket advice such as this as it may cost someone an engine when you were just trying to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epedomic View Post
is it really?
idk, the one i have comes with 2 output settings for boost (low and high)
as well as an additional "boost scramble" wire which allows you to momentarily adjust boost levels at the click of a button.

has anyone else encountered any issues with the tru boost?
imo, their a great cheap way to monitor boost levels while getting the benefit of a boost controller with it.
Go ahead and use it compared to others and see what your opinion is. On paper they look outstanding and I wish they worked as good as they should and I would have one. The truth is they are terrible and I dread every car that comes through with them wanting a tune. Aem does standalones right. There standalones controll boost good, but I hate their widebands and boost controllers. I wouldnt even consider their ems for a while after seeing their widebands and boost controllers until I started getting some experience with ems and see that it is in fact nice.

Just be mindfull when you get advice online. Many people will say their stuff is good because it either worked for them once or because they paid good money for stuff and want to convince them selves that they didnt get ripped off.
There are other people like me that have no investment in the multiple different vehicles that Im able to come into contact with and I can see what kind of trouble different stuff causes and have no real reason to give credit to just stuff or stupid ways of doing things.
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote