Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
ghetto ebay FMIC kit has no brackets, I got 3 questions

okay, this is a 3 part question so i bought afmic kit from this shop on durfee road here in LA (i'm not advertising anything) and they provided no brackets to hang the intercooler, so now i am left to make them myself, off to home depot i go, only I know what i should use, but i don't know what to call them other than metal bracket things... 1. does anyone have any experience with this?
2. How the hell to i remove the s13 front bumper, where are all the bolts, and are there some hidden behind the fenders.
3. my intercooler is 31" x 9" x 3, do i have to remove the bumper support bar? ( i don't want to)
handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 11:50 PM   #2
SDS13COUPE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
SDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant futureSDS13COUPE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
For the bumper if I remember off the top of my head there are
- There are 4 or 5 nuts on the fender each side
- 2 on each headlight brackets
- The bumper reinforcement brackets under the car
- 1 bolt/1 nut for the crash bar ( you will most likely have to remove it from the bumper to fit the intercooler) I think that's all of them. As far as the IC brackets your best bet is to take it to a shop and fab it. GL.
SDS13COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
ecuastyle84
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to allecuastyle84 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ecuastyle84
or you can have the bumper support cut to fit the fmic without actually removing it
ecuastyle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You want L brackets.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
sac
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
deffinately keep the crash bar.. you will regret it if ya get into a 10mph crash and rip out the front half of your car instead of just bending that bar..(i know from experience )
but i agree take the i.c. to a fab shop, or a body shop. you can put your brackets where ya need to. mark it off with a marker, or use like a hot glue gun to hold shit in place for a lil bit till ya can get it welded.
sac is offline   Reply With Quote