Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Private Sellers

Private Sellers Provide your experiences with individuals here. No flaming, accusations, or complaints! Be fair and objective. Make it info you'd like to see before you make a purchase.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #31
besTint
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (81)
besTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the roughbesTint is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Send a message via AIM to besTint
dude, im my defense, i barely know the guy but i did business with him a few times and have had no problems. ive been to his shop, he's been nothing but generous. offered me the parts i needed and shot the shit for a minute. we've traded some parts another time and he gave me his hookup for getting some work done on my cylinder head, etc etc. i added him to the friends list as i do most people i do business with and he accepted. is that so wrong? i really dont think the dudes so computer savvy. he's only returned my PM once that i remember but ive had no problems talking to him personally or on the phone.

im only putting in my 2cents because it looks like im not the only person on here that's had good business with him. something went wrong on your deal, i dont even know what it is, but it shouldnt be to hard to sort out if you just calm down and try to talk to him without trying to make it an arguement. you know where to find him, you know or can get his number. it's not like he's a guy on the forum that you can never find.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #32
jonnybonds84
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
jonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
And I'm not the only person that has had a bad deal with him either, I'm not trying to start an argument but when weak excuses are made for him, that's when I wave the bullshit flag. I got kids and a family and do not have the time to drive an hour to do detective work on this guy but I do have time to warn people about him. He could be as nice as he wants to be, give people a spark plug for free and think that he's a good guy but he freaking knows he has done wrong. The fact that i have gone to Iraq and Afghanistan and seen people get hurt for people like him, enfuriates me. He was a nice guy to me too, we shot the shit too. I told him I was in the Marines and he knows I have a family and still the fag and his friend took my money with no remorse. I don't respect people like that. I'm moving up north again pretty soon, close to where he works at. So yes I do know where he works at and I don't need to call him again.

Last edited by jonnybonds84; 05-01-2010 at 09:44 PM..
jonnybonds84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #33
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
dalaz, what happened to your CA?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #34
kushlivin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
kushlivin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Spencer is Legit as fuck, awesome mechanic and an all around chill guy. Thanks again spencer for getting my car up and running again.

Girls think stock KA's are fast.
kushlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #35
240gtsX

Trader Rating: (0)
240gtsX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was finally able to get under the car and took a picture of the steering column rubbing against the O2 housing.

Edit: It has now been fixed!

Last edited by 240gtsX; 10-22-2010 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Added more to thread
240gtsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #36
jonnybonds84
Zilvia Addict

jonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to alljonnybonds84 is a name known to all
Yeah some poor soul just bought a "almost new" LSD from him. There goes $600.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #37
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
dalaz, what happened to your CA?

clutch disk disintergrated due to him reinstalling the AT flywheel spacer for the FW bolts (and i know he had to install the FW because when i talked to him about the motor he told me himself it was Originally AT)...pretty much wat happened was the clutch disk ate into the flywheel bolts and im guess the disk flexed to the point of sayin bye bye, and blew up...LOL

pretty much when that happened, it hairlined cracked the whole flywheel...

see this thread for reference

So it wasnt the transmission...hmmm : CA18DE / CA18DET Forum

im guessing the only reason it didnt go out sooner was because when at the time i did daily it, I never did anything stupid like kick the clutch the burned out...etc it was a daily, this happened at the track were im happy it happened were no one could have gotten hurt...

also found out when i finally got under the car that i didnt have a dustshield plate...AWESOME!

and yeah i finally got to the point of installing my gauges and when Jordan from Jordan Innovations helped me out he nearly kicked me out due to the shitty quality of my wiring...

opened wires, shit just twisted together with blue tape...lol

i give him my praise for getting my motor swap done as fast as he did...
but seriously, after i got into looking at it, i realized it was a potential fire hazard...

so i decided ill just stick to local guys to work on my car...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:39 AM   #38
lou's40sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (54)
lou's40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Let's make a List of the accomplishments of Mr. Daughterly and slideways performance:

1. Sold a junk motor as "rebuilt"
2. Mickey moused a DOHC Swap using SOHC cables, SOHC Steering and junk wiring.
3. Sold a lightly used LSD for $600
4. Wiring that makes your wipers go on when you turn on the radio
5. Use AT components on a 5 speed CADET
6. Infamous Twist tied wiring
7. Stolen money/ Scam Corolla guy
8.. TRIED to sell me a 240 on craigslist as $1,000, private seller, call the number and it's Slideways performance we have no such car, but have one for $2,500.
9. Stole a roll cage.
10. Owes people money.
11. Did i mention Mickey mousing everything to make a quick buck?

"He's legit" "I know this Cat" "He's super balling JDM cool." Defenses like these, just have no validity for the list above.

Please feel free to add your personal inquiries to the list, if I missed it. And for those who are so confident in Spencer Daughterly, Please go check your car's Engine/Transmission and Wiring.
lou's40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #39
sidewaysstarion

Trader Rating: (0)
sidewaysstarion is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sidewaysstarion
Also since he is burned here he is now moved onto the corolla community, he's trying to pimp his ghetto 20v swaps.

Club4AG Forum Topics: sideways performance 20 valve black top swaps (PICS INCLUDED)

Old 08-20-2010, 08:14 AM   #40
jonnybonds84
Zilvia Addict

He sells bunk engines and calls them rebuilt. There's no going around that, no excuse. He should be banned from here on that alone and let him sell his stuff on craigslist. That's where his "work" and parts deserve to be.

Nothing against ur work. But he's not a good guy.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #41
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I like how people who defend him, are brown status due to shady crap in the marketplace.

I own a s13 that was taken to him by the previous owner, and man, even the simple shit is done wrong like lifting cars with the lift and flatening the pinch welds, messing up timing and selling wack stock parts, to noob as s chassis owners.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #42
kingston
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kingston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sideways performance rip!!!

I guess you get what you pay for. Quoted me a good price for a swap. Didn't complete the entire swap and also discovered my hardened motor mounts were swapped out for stock ones as well. Stay away from this shop!!!
kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #43
240sohc
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
240sohc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Spencer Dougherty

I contacted spencer on a sunday morning searching for a silvia front end conversion; instructed me to call back monday to see if he could source me the conversion due to it being sunday most businesses are closed. Monday morning, spencer was able to source me a complete front end.

So Tuesday morning i tow my car to his shop to get the swap installed. I requested to roll out with spencer to get my conversion due to me not knowing him or his shop. He abliged, and i got to pick out my front end and go on some errands with him. While we were gone, the sideways crew had swapped my dented radiator support with an undamaged one, and disconnect all unnecessary hardware not needed anymore. As i was waiting for the new front end to be installed, spencer bought me lunch. Spencer and his crew made sure everything was wired up right, lined up and bolted tight.

I have to say that spencer is knowlegeable and true to his word. i would definitely consider buying parts or possibly shop services from him if need be. sidenote, the man works on cars wearing flip flops.
240sohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #44
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
all i know is...my car is finally Spencerless...or Spencer free...

my CA has been fully rebuilt by fineline tuning, missing parts installed, and proper piping done...

the shit harness he provided has been replaced with a brand new Wiring specialties harness so im free of the curse...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #45
koukisilvia123
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
koukisilvia123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I had a ton of issues with Spencer with my car, i went to him because he did my brother's swap, so I assumed he was good. He was, at first. Got my car running cheap and fast, then it went downhill after I brought it to him to have my rebuilt motor swapped in. I ended up with a missing stereo, window switches, sub, shift boot trim, boost gauge, trans mount. So yeah, will not be going back or do i advise anyone else doing so. He will be all fine and dandy at first, but when you get comfortable and trust him, he will get you. So yeah I was excited when I was Spencerfree too hahaha
koukisilvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #46
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JDM SPUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I bought a race seat from him about a year ago. when he had it posted up he said there was a small scratch on the bottom/back part of the seat, and since im never going to sit in the back seat it really didnt bother me. When the seat finally go to me in the mail it had 2 nice size cuts on the front ( the scratch that was pictured on the seat wasnt even there). Then to top that off it only came with 1 side of the slider and the wrong base that was hacked up. the box it came in was 3 boxes taped together. when i contacted him he said that he wanted me to ship the base that i had back to him and he would send me out the proper 1. a week goes by and no response. i said screw it. i told him i was going to put in a dispute with paypal which i did becuase it was completely false advertisement. i win the dispute bc he never even responded and then he wanted me to pay to ship him back the seat, all cursing at me and demanding. REAL CLASSY PERSON.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #47
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/traderratings.html?u=55474

leave him negative feedback

cause he is still selling shit here and supporting his business
rat240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #48
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM SPUG View Post
I bought a race seat from him about a year ago. when he had it posted up he said there was a small scratch on the bottom/back part of the seat, and since im never going to sit in the back seat it really didnt bother me. When the seat finally go to me in the mail it had 2 nice size cuts on the front ( the scratch that was pictured on the seat wasnt even there). Then to top that off it only came with 1 side of the slider and the wrong base that was hacked up. the box it came in was 3 boxes taped together. when i contacted him he said that he wanted me to ship the base that i had back to him and he would send me out the proper 1. a week goes by and no response. i said screw it. i told him i was going to put in a dispute with paypal which i did becuase it was completely false advertisement. i win the dispute bc he never even responded and then he wanted me to pay to ship him back the seat, all cursing at me and demanding. REAL CLASSY PERSON.
So you won the PayPal why not send him his stuff back? Now it looks like you have his money and his item. Messed up or not the right thing to do would be to send it back.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #49
sickstatus
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
sickstatus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sickstatus
I bought a s15 driveshaft from them. Scheduled an appointment. Got there and he wasn't there. Waited 30 minutes for one of his buddies to get there. Never saw the guy. Although I did give them a positive review, I did it because the item I bought was described and his buddies was chill. Still waiting 30 minutes sucked. Especially when it was hot and I texted him before I was almost there. He texted back he was at the shop. At that time I guess he was moving shops..
Old 05-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #50
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

SO professional.

Its not my fault that after telling him that i was going to make a dispute through paypal that was was stupid enough not to respond to them, and automatically losing.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #51
zspeedrft
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (54)
zspeedrft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
cool dude..hooked me up with what i needed..
Old 05-17-2012, 04:32 AM   #52
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
So you won the PayPal why not send him his stuff back? Now it looks like you have his money and his item. Messed up or not the right thing to do would be to send it back.
I see your point, but more than likely it will become someone elses problem when he tries sell it again. EEEEF that!

Way to many issues to go in his favor.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #53
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^^^Two wrongs don't make a right. The right thing to do is JDM_Spug to ship it back on Spencers dime pre-paid of course.

JDM Spug gets a shipping quote, sends it to spencer, spencer sends money, JDM pug sends seat. Simple.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #54
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
^^^Two wrongs don't make a right. The right thing to do is JDM_Spug to ship it back on Spencers dime pre-paid of course.

JDM Spug gets a shipping quote, sends it to spencer, spencer sends money, JDM pug sends seat. Simple.
Oh i was willing to ship the seat back. what was i going to do with a torn seat, half a slider and a hacked passenger base? lol

he wouldn't paypal me to ship it back bc he thought i was going to "G him again", and felt i should pay for it. why should i Pay for it? he knew what he sent was fucked up, and wasn't what he posted up because in the picture on the thread the seat was scuffed on the back but when I got the seat nothing on the back but it was torn in the front.