Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 11-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Sow 11/12/06

Anyone going from the boards? It's gonna be my first road racing event and I as wodering if any other Zilvians will be attending. Would be nice to meet some other people out on the track. Look for a black Fastback out there if you're at the track.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2006, 11:36 PM   #2
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Today was so much fun. I saw so many 240s there. I'll post pics when my friend uploads them.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:58 PM   #3
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
Pics are being uploaded as I type. You did fabulous today, Edgar!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #4
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Dude, overheating killed me though. it's like I was bulding up MP just so I could blast through the course. Once I started heating up, had to wait for it to cool down, lol. Thanks though. having a copilot would have been cool though, hahaha
Old 11-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
Mr. Camshaft
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Mr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Camshaft
I was there in the B11 car. Basically stock with Stances. First time for me too, had a great time except when I got stuck behind the slow ass motherfuckin black prelude and his buddy in the black rsx. Bitches wouldn't let me pass.

The Pathfinder was ridiculous. He was three wheelin it through everything. Following him helped me alot with finding a good line.

Who was driving the Signal car btw?
Mr. Camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #6
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
did any one see that orange FC MAN HE's FAST !
Old 11-13-2006, 10:05 AM   #7
Mr. Camshaft
Zilvia Member

Mr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to allMr. Camshaft is a name known to all
Only orange cars I remember seeing were the 2 Elises and the instructor's Cobra.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #8
Jung918
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Jung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfectionJung918 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't see any pics? Maybe I'm blind.
Jung918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #9
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Camshaft
I was there in the B11 car. Basically stock with Stances. First time for me too, had a great time except when I got stuck behind the slow ass motherfuckin black prelude and his buddy in the black rsx. Bitches wouldn't let me pass.

The Pathfinder was ridiculous. He was three wheelin it through everything. Following him helped me alot with finding a good line.

Who was driving the Signal car btw?
Oh that was you? I was in the Black fastback with sleepy eyes that was super loud, lol. Yeah those guys were douches. That prelude wouldnt let me pass for like 1.5 laps. I finally put some pressure on him through the skidpad and he went off, lol. Sucka. They he did it again the next session, bu I overtook him out of the bowl. KA FTW. Those two guys with SRs drove pretty ok, but seemed like they were depending on thier power a lot of the time through the straight because I passed one of those guys on turn 2. Good stuff. And yes, that Pathfinder was crazzy, hahaha.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:45 PM   #10
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Here are some pics. More to come once they're uploaded.

Cooling down after my 5th session. That's my bro wearing my helmet.

Coming out of the skidpad.

Training session: We had to follow our instructor (guy in White Evo). he was teaching us the line through teh course. I'm at the end in the black Fastback.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:23 PM   #11
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
+ rep you haha that was funny; yea eff the prelude
Old 11-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #12
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
haha, nice rendition of the racers tape you got there...what event was this? seems kinda iffy...no numbers, passing seemed like it was at drivers will, doesnt sound like pointbys were enforced, overly leisure...i mean, thats the way it sounds, but correct me if im wrong...if so, my kind of event! i need to look for some less stringent events out there...granted, its usually more dangerous, but theyre usually dirt cheap...any outtings? how much was this one? any more pics?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:52 PM   #13
articdragon192
Post Whore!

It was with Speed trial USA at Streets of Willow. there were numbers. They were on my quarter panel window and windshield. Pointbys were enforced lightly, and there were few passing zones for beginners. At first it was the straight after the bowl and the main straight. Then they opened up the short straight after turn 2 and the skidpad. Needless to say, many were passed on the skidpad leadning to the main straight, lol.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #14
Mr. Camshaft
Zilvia Member

Your car was bouncing like mad out of the last corner onto the straight. I don't suppose you just cut your springs?
Old 11-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #15
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20>>s14
haha, nice rendition of the racers tape you got there...what event was this? seems kinda iffy...no numbers, passing seemed like it was at drivers will, doesnt sound like pointbys were enforced, overly leisure...i mean, thats the way it sounds, but correct me if im wrong...if so, my kind of event! i need to look for some less stringent events out there...granted, its usually more dangerous, but theyre usually dirt cheap...any outtings? how much was this one? any more pics?
Yeah, speedtrial is not a bad group to run with. A lot more relaxed then say NASA, but organized enough that your not gonna share any paint. Ive been through their beginner class, and have to say. . . their intermediate group is like no-holds-barred. Not hardly restricted at all, and a hell of a lot of fun. And at $120 for a day (I think $200 weekend) the price is right too. Though i prefer going to Buttonwillow over SOW.
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:18 AM   #16
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Camshaft
Your car was bouncing like mad out of the last corner onto the straight. I don't suppose you just cut your springs?
Nope, running Tein Flexes. At least didnt see the outer brim of the bowl, lol jk. How was the fence looking out there, haha

I don't get why there was so muhc bouncing though. Probably took too small of a line through the turn and hit all the bumps. Or it might be my coils. Im gonna check them tomorrow. I hope they're ok.

BTW, I paid 85 bucks for my run. 56 full runs, 115 miles of track, 2 hours worth of driving. Im thinking it was soo worth it
Old 11-14-2006, 03:05 PM   #17
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192
BTW, I paid 85 bucks for my run. 56 full runs, 115 miles of track, 2 hours worth of driving. Im thinking it was soo worth it
GET OUT!!! thats it, im making the drive down to willows next season...
Old 11-14-2006, 08:06 PM   #18
articdragon192
Post Whore!

It was hook up price though. If you want, I could probably try and get you a price of 105. I'll let you know when the group I went with goes again.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:53 AM   #19
articdragon192
Post Whore!

More pictars!

Passing up a fellow club member's S14.

Down the main straight after the skidpad.