Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #31
Sills
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Sills is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivelyZ View Post
Not to hijack but the reason for the new mounts to bolt onto the crossmember is so the engine / tranny line up better with the shifter hole inside the tranny tunnel ? or am I wrong??

Friend of mine did a similar swap. 2500~ RB25DET swap with tranny, ecu, he bought new injectors, wiring harness, driveshaft and a chip tune to put it somewhere in the 300whp range for around 6000$ all said in done from what I've heard.. I'm at 250whp in my sr20 and debating wether to rb25 swap it in the next few years.. Better plateform and more reliable for my power goals
In my S14 kouki I doubt the mounts would have helped, the engine is already sitting very high for the kouki hood, I have to really force the air filter down or else it wont let my hood shut properly, The blow off valve much have less than a cm clearance too on my vented hood. Its a tight squeeze. Ive heard mounts like that work very well in the S13 chassis.

The transmission did line up fairly well, I would have punched my radio every shift into 3rd but luckily I had a short shifter from my Sr trans that swapped in. It fit pretty well despite the snap rings being particularily hard to reattach. I havnt had any problems with shifting or anything. Its actually ran pretty well.

Hardest part of the Rb swap- which I didnt expect until I actually started driving it was keeping it cool in the engine bay. Theres no room for a fan clutch. Youll need an upgraded rad and slim fans WITH A SHROUD. Their really hard to keep cool and im only finally getting mine under control with a koyorad, 2 fans, and no thermostat. Im pulling the engine in a month or so for winter and gonna have to check all seals after having driven it hot a few times.

Still a great swap that ive been enjoying a ton, and would do again. Might do pistons while the engine is out, getting 720cc injectors or so and gonna bring it for a retune during spring then drift it.

My new gtr has all my attention right now.
Sills is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links