Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Eastern States

North Eastern States Connecticut, Maine, Massachussettes, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
cserrano86
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
cserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Going to Boston... what to do?

What's up guys...
So I'm going to be in Boston next weekend from Saturday through Monday...
I only have 2 things on my itinerary... I want to visit the Sam Adams brewery and I have a concert to go to at the House of Blues sunday night.
Any suggestions on what to do while I'm out there?
I'm not really into sight seeing or any type of historical stuff. I'm more into having some good food and hitting up a good bar.

Also, what are the laws on Smoking? I thought I heard something about it not being allowed but maybe I'm mistaken...

Thanks for the help,
Chris

Chris Serrano
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
Watch the Mac cracks! Zilvia runs on Mac and oh a few Linux servers.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
bizcotch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
bizcotch is making a name for him/her selfbizcotch is making a name for him/her selfbizcotch is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thats an awesome city. I was there a couple of weeks ago and am already looking forward to going back for the begining of next years baseball season. Go to the SamAdams brewery... you'll love it. Also, you must go to "Cheers" bar. You know? from the T.V show?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
cserrano86
Zilvia Addict

cserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud ofcserrano86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcotch View Post
Thats an awesome city. I was there a couple of weeks ago and am already looking forward to going back for the begining of next years baseball season. Go to the SamAdams brewery... you'll love it. Also, you must go to "Cheers" bar. You know? from the T.V show?
Haha... I'll look into that bar. Thanks.

Chris Serrano
Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The Cheers bar is actually right off the the Freedom Trail at Faneuil Hall. Also, Fenway Park is right across the street from House of Blues, so check that out, the playoffs will be going on. Hate to say it, but the last place in the world you should be going if you hate history is Boston.

Also, if you'll have a car there, be careful. Boston has the most confusing expressway system I have ever seen. Also, you will have to pay a toll each time you come into or leave the city.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
cserrano86
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
The Cheers bar is actually right off the the Freedom Trail at Faneuil Hall. Also, Fenway Park is right across the street from House of Blues, so check that out, the playoffs will be going on. Hate to say it, but the last place in the world you should be going if you hate history is Boston.

Also, if you'll have a car there, be careful. Boston has the most confusing expressway system I have ever seen. Also, you will have to pay a toll each time you come into or leave the city.
Lol. I dont hate history, I just cant see myself taking a tour and learning while I'm away from home. Haha.
I'm not going to have a car. I plan to cab it anywhere I go or take the T...

Chris Serrano
Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by cserrano86 View Post
Lol. I dont hate history, I just cant see myself taking a tour and learning while I'm away from home. Haha.
I'm not going to have a car. I plan to cab it anywhere I go or take the T...
Well the oldest bar in America is on the freedom trail, so you can get a dose of history anyways with your beer. Actually, there are quite a few Irish pubs on that stretch too.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
kensreliableb18b
Zilvia Addict

Location: so cal - 626, 909, 562 and 949. 818 if i feel like running away
Trader Rating: (1)
kensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nicekensreliableb18b is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if you're a food guy i'd visit these places:

Boston

don't forget your lakers jersey!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
cserrano86
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensreliableb18b View Post
don't forget your lakers jersey!!!
Haha. That's a dont do it. I plan on coming home with no broken bones...

Chris Serrano
Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #9
fastandlow
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
fastandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yankees hat wear one
Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #10
kouki-gymkhana
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
kouki-gymkhana is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Haha! You're going to have a great time in Boston! The Sam Adams Brewery is like 5 mins from my house in Jamaica Plain. Don't forget to grab a burger at Bella Luna, the restaurant across the street in The Brewery. It's a nice little place with a good vibe. As for the history, you can't go a single block without stumbling upon something historic in this town.

You want good bars and restaurants, huh? Head down to Fanueil Hall and hit up the Union Oyster House for some clam chowder. It is surrounded by bars that are popular with folks in their young to mid 20s. If you want good Italian food, head to the North End, only a quick 5 min walk away. If you want to check out a swanky bar, head to the Liberty Hotel in Beacon Hill. It used to be a jail and they've converted it into a 4+ star hotel and they turned the holding cells into a bar. There are also 2 awesome restaurants in the hotel but bring your wallet...Check it out!

As for transportation, having a car in Boston is an annoyance since the "T" (subway) is so convenient and the actual downtown area is so small, you can easily walk to anything you want. It is often faster to walk than to take the bus or the train and cabs can be quite expensive because you often get stuck in traffic.

Have fun!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #11
cserrano86
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki-gymkhana View Post
Haha! You're going to have a great time in Boston! The Sam Adams Brewery is like 5 mins from my house in Jamaica Plain. Don't forget to grab a burger at Bella Luna, the restaurant across the street in The Brewery. It's a nice little place with a good vibe. As for the history, you can't go a single block without stumbling upon something historic in this town.

You want good bars and restaurants, huh? Head down to Fanueil Hall and hit up the Union Oyster House for some clam chowder. It is surrounded by bars that are popular with folks in their young to mid 20s. If you want good Italian food, head to the North End, only a quick 5 min walk away. If you want to check out a swanky bar, head to the Liberty Hotel in Beacon Hill. It used to be a jail and they've converted it into a 4+ star hotel and they turned the holding cells into a bar. There are also 2 awesome restaurants in the hotel but bring your wallet...Check it out!

As for transportation, having a car in Boston is an annoyance since the "T" (subway) is so convenient and the actual downtown area is so small, you can easily walk to anything you want. It is often faster to walk than to take the bus or the train and cabs can be quite expensive because you often get stuck in traffic.

Have fun!
Awesome man.. Thanks for the info. I need to write this down...

What about the smoking? I dont have the necessity to light one up while simply walking down the street but I do enjoy a smoke when having a drink...

Chris Serrano
Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #12
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouki-gymkhana View Post
Head down to Fanueil Hall and hit up the Union Oyster House for some clam chowder.
Fuck yes! I forgot about the clam chowder. I hated clam chowder until I went to Boston (although I must admit the chowdah in Marblehead was better), you'll be spoiled in the clam chowder department after experiencing the orgasmic bliss that is fresh clam chowder.

Closed Thread