Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 12-03-2020, 06:47 PM   #601
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Kim Jong Un Executes Coronavirus Rule Breaker

It's all fun and games until someone gets shot at church
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2020, 11:11 PM   #602
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
I will not ever tell you what to do, but you can also kindly fuck off in trying to force me to do what y o u feel like we should do. Your situation may be cool for you to stay home for 3 months straight, but not everyone is in your situation. Keep the vulnerable protected, stay home if you're that worried about it, and let everyone else do their thing.
preach on!!!

I keep saying it: Life is for the living

If you want to barricade yourself home, more power to ya. I'm gonna hit the beach and enjoy my life. People say that its selfish. Well, I call it survival of the fittest.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:50 AM   #603
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
You racist assholes always calling it "Chinese food" . THATS RACIST. YOURE RACIST.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:26 AM   #604
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
The other side of the coin that's not talked about...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...amid-lockdowns

https://www.bioedge.org/mobile/view/...ockdowns/13626

https://www.losangelesblade.com/2020...dered-suicide/

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:34 AM   #605
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It's talked about, but ~3k people a day aren't dying of suicide so it's a lesser issue. If we have 2018 levels of suicide this year, suicide death numbers will be approximately 20% of COVID-related death numbers.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:21 AM   #606
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
It's talked about, but ~3k people a day aren't dying of suicide so it's a lesser issue. If we have 2018 levels of suicide this year, suicide death numbers will be approximately 20% of COVID-related death numbers.
No, it really isn't talked about. You get articles here and there, msm coverage is dry. Suicides are just a part of the other side of the coin btw...

I also would like to repoint out the JHU article in my last post in regard to deaths from covid.

Old 12-04-2020, 10:36 AM   #607
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
My company and many other have had a huge focus on mental health throughout this whole ordeal. I do feel at the county level, resources for mental health should have for all who need it.

Saying we should get rid of lockdown because of a related issue begins the argument of which is the lesser of two evils.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:59 AM   #608
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
My company and many other have had a huge focus on mental health throughout this whole ordeal. I do feel at the county level, resources for mental health should have for all who need it.

Saying we should get rid of lockdown because of a related issue begins the argument of which is the lesser of two evils.
I will also refer back to the last long post I made. No iteration of a lockdown with a large population has worked. We've seen the results of that. Not everyone has a company to support them with their mental health. There are resources here in CA that the governor touts in his briefings, but rates are still going up.

Edit// forgot to add it's not just A related issue, but a shit ton of issues: suicide, depression, job loss, business loss, crushing debt, evictions, domestic violence...

Old 12-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #609
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
I will also refer back to the last long post I made. No iteration of a lockdown with a large population has worked. We've seen the results of that. Not everyone has a company to support them with their mental health. There are resources here in CA that the governor touts in his briefings, but rates are still going up.

Edit// forgot to add it's not just A related issue, but a shit ton of issues: suicide, depression, job loss, business loss, crushing debt, evictions, domestic violence...

What would your proposed idea be to go about this?
Old 12-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #610
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
What would your proposed idea be to go about this?
Individual risk assessment. Protect the vulnerable population (elderly, co morbidities, etc). Open up economically while masking/social distancing. If your risk assessment is to stay home, it's your right to choose that. For those who asses they're okay with going out, can do so. Limit indoor capacities to 50% (including employees), while trying to take advantage of outdoor areas to try to get as close as possible to 100% of capacity income. Let the economy start to fix itself. With that, herd immunity will also set in. Both of which are going to take time. The first shut down already caused long term damage, but it can at least start to be relieved. I said in an earlier post (can't remember if it's here or presidential thread), shutting everything down and forcing people to stay home it's only for those who risk assessed that they're okay going out. You don't need a ordinance for people who risk asses to stay home, they'll do it themselves.

My fear living in CA is once we are on the other side of this, we are going to get taxed to death to recoup budget loss. Hopefully the French Laundry dinner Newsom had wasn't written off as a business expense.

Old 12-04-2020, 01:23 PM   #611
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Individual risk assessment would work if individuals were fully aware of the risk.

They are not.

They have proven, time and time again, that they will not wear masks and do not fully believe in the veracity of studies and tests. They believe the government is feeding them lies, and that liars are feeding them truth. They believe what they want to believe, and they cannot adequately assess something they don't consider a risk at all.

What happens when an underinsured COVID-denier ends up with a million-dollar hospital bill? Who foots the cost of their stupidity?

Who pays the salary of someone who decided they're not okay to go out?

It's whose right to do what and when?

Ignorance cannot be fought with freedom. There's a friggin' bouncer at the door of a popular convenience store on Pala Reservation because too many people refused to wear masks.

Other countries are able to control the spread because their populace isn't chock full o' nuts.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:41 PM   #612
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Youre a special kind of authoritarian bitch boy, arent you?
Old 12-04-2020, 02:08 PM   #613
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
With that, herd immunity will also set in
Did you read that article on Sweden I shared or nah? I?m gonna guess nah. Heard immunity only works if you?re willing to sacrifice everyone and anyone. One person takes a risk, we all take the risk. That?s the problem with these half measures. Either whole-ass it or no-ass it, no half-assing will suffice.
Old 12-04-2020, 02:18 PM   #614
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Individual risk assessment would work if individuals were fully aware of the risk.

They are not.

They have proven, time and time again, that they will not wear masks and do not fully believe in the veracity of studies and tests. They believe the government is feeding them lies, and that liars are feeding them truth. They believe what they want to believe, and they cannot adequately assess something they don't consider a risk at all.
So your logic here is that people are too stupid/choose not to to understand, so lock everyone down for it? That definitely makes sense.. Would you like to remove everything that causes harm to other people that's actually preventable as well? Say cars for example, since there's thousands of preventable deaths from DUI/distracted/reckless driving? If no one has cars, those deaths can't happen anymore, right? And if you're trying to scale it in numbers, the concept doesn't change. And even then, again, the JHU study I posted about the Covid numbers to total US deaths.

Quote:
What happens when an underinsured COVID-denier ends up with a million-dollar hospital bill? Who foots the cost of their stupidity?
Taxpayers, like how that already happens here in CA for undocumented immigrants? I don't know about the rest of the country, but uhh, that's already happening, so no large change there.

Quote:
Who pays the salary of someone who decided they're not okay to go out?

It's whose right to do what and when?
Government can help step in with that, along with employers. Set pay at current disability rates (I believe in CA it's 65% of your pay). That should be more than unemployment with the 300$ federal benefit that will expire as well. Then that would be much more than the unemployment alone. Like if you're declaring your risk assessment to your employer? Just like how you can claim long term leave of absence. That will be harder for "job" types of jobs than "career with benefits" jobs, but that would be an assessment with employers/employees and state laws (which are already in place for leave related to covid).

Quote:

Ignorance cannot be fought with freedom. There's a friggin' bouncer at the door of a popular convenience store on Pala Reservation because too many people refused to wear masks.

This is true. But not everyone agrees with your mindset of "lock everyone down because of the stupidity of others making stupid choices".

Quote:
Other countries are able to control the spread because their populace isn't chock full o' nuts.
Why did the EU recently have another wave?

Old 12-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #615
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Did you read that article on Sweden I shared or nah? I?m gonna guess nah. Heard immunity only works if you?re willing to sacrifice everyone and anyone. One person takes a risk, we all take the risk. That?s the problem with these half measures. Either whole-ass it or no-ass it, no half-assing will suffice.
When did you post it?

Old 12-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #616
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Quote:
So your logic here is that people are too stupid/choose not to to understand, so lock everyone down for it? That definitely makes sense.. Would you like to remove everything that causes harm to other people that's actually preventable as well? Say cars for example, since there's thousands of preventable deaths from DUI/distracted/reckless driving? If no one has cars, those deaths can't happen anymore, right? And if you're trying to scale it in numbers, the concept doesn't change. And even then, again, the JHU study I posted about the Covid numbers to total US deaths.
You're playing the "jumping to conclusions game." It's popular, I'll give you that. Tom Smykowski is just raking in the cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo.
Taxpayers, like how that already happens here in CA for undocumented immigrants? I don't know about the rest of the country, but uhh, that's already happening, so no large change there.
The difference is that it already happens and COVID-19 adds on top. Budgets are tight and with a contracting tax base, they're going to get tighter.

Quote:
Government can help step in with that, along with employers. Set pay at current disability rates (I believe in CA it's 65% of your pay). That should be more than unemployment with the 300$ federal benefit that will expire as well. Then that would be much more than the unemployment alone. Like if you're declaring your risk assessment to your employer? Just like how you can claim long term leave of absence. That will be harder for "job" types of jobs than "career with benefits" jobs, but that would be an assessment with employers/employees and state laws (which are already in place for leave related to covid).
States are running out of money. A divided congress doesn't want to release funds.

Quote:
This is true. But not everyone agrees with your mindset of "lock everyone down because of the stupidity of others making stupid choices".
Again, you're jumping to conclusions. What it seems that I'm saying and what I'm saying are two different things. Look through my posts in this thread and see what I've said and what I've advocated for.

Quote:
Why did the EU recently have another wave?
If you ease restrictions, you'll have another wave. The EU isn't like NZ; they can't just wholesale close the borders.

Every single thing needs to be laid out by people who are smarter than you or me and there needs to be a contingency for everything. Trump's White House is incapable of building a task force that is appropriately intelligent.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:08 PM   #617
deolio
Post Whore!

deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
When did you post it?
Page 18 in response to your previous mentioning of herd immunity.

Quote:
A good, albeit tedious read https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...ierce-backlash

The risk vs reward is very high. I surely wouldn't want to be the one responsible for people's death. In the end, to me, it boils down to life or money, but I realize I'm lucky enough to have the choice when may people do not.
Though, at this point, it seems like the herd immunity thing is going to happen whether we want it to or not. Shit is out of god damn control. Next 6 months are going to be rough.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:14 PM   #618
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Page 18 in response to your previous mentioning of herd immunity.

Though, at this point, it seems like the herd immunity thing is going to happen whether we want it to or not. Shit is out of god damn control. Next 6 months are going to be rough.
We're going to get locked down anyways (at least here in CA). Not much of a point anymore. Albeit I'll read your article.

Old 12-12-2020, 04:32 AM   #619
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
You're playing the "jumping to conclusions game." It's popular, I'll give you that. Tom Smykowski is just raking in the cash.

I mean.. you literally said "they can't assess something they don't consider a risk". To me, it sounds like you've grouped everyone that disagrees with lockdowns into that. That's not really jumping to a conclusion.

Quote:

The difference is that it already happens and COVID-19 adds on top. Budgets are tight and with a contracting tax base, they're going to get tighter.

States are running out of money. A divided congress doesn't want to release funds.

Oh, okay.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/californ...247409345.html

Anyhow, congress is divided because just throwing gobs of money (specifically the hero's act amounts) is insane. Where will that money come from?

Quote:

Again, you're jumping to conclusions. What it seems that I'm saying and what I'm saying are two different things. Look through my posts in this thread and see what I've said and what I've advocated for.

I'll have to read back I guess since all I've gotten so far is lock down everything.

Quote:

If you ease restrictions, you'll have another wave. The EU isn't like NZ; they can't just wholesale close the borders.

Every single thing needs to be laid out by people who are smarter than you or me and there needs to be a contingency for everything. Trump's White House is incapable of building a task force that is appropriately intelligent.
So like I've asked more than a few times... You think that let up/lockdown merry go round is the way to do it?

Old 12-12-2020, 11:58 AM   #620
zombiewolf513
BANNED

I still haven't seen anyone post proof that 'face coverings' are effective.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:59 PM   #621
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
I still haven't seen anyone post proof that 'face coverings' are effective.
Still a moot point. Just the right making up dumb bullshit to complain about for no reason.

Yet again the anti-choice "all lives matter"-yelling dimwits see no irony in their anti-mask bullshit.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:42 PM   #622
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
N E W Z E. A L. A. N. D

America is what’s wrong, look at what’s right for answers^^^^

When you have a country of competent leadership, you get competent results.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:51 PM   #623
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEG1T View Post
When you have a country of competent leadership, you get competent results.
Not to be a contrarian, but those being led must be willing to put their selfish desires aside for the greater good. Such a thing is a hard ask in the US due to the very nature of our culture.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:06 PM   #624
LEG1T
Zilvia Addict

LEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfectionLEG1T is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Not to be a contrarian, but those being led must be willing to put their selfish desires aside for the greater good. Such a thing is a hard ask in the US due to the very nature of our culture.
Exactly.. And when you have our leader doing the absolute opposite certainly we can both agree this only inflicts the wound.

Hence our numbers and where we are today.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:28 PM   #625
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
Still a moot point. Just the right making up dumb bullshit to complain about for no reason.

Yet again the anti-choice "all lives matter"-yelling dimwits see no irony in their anti-mask bullshit.
Still waiting on that evidence. My body my choice. Its okay to be white, and all lives matter. Prove me wrong.
Old 12-13-2020, 12:51 AM   #626
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
all lives matter
Keep rooting for pedophiles, nazis, murderers, car thieves and so on.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 01:02 AM   #627
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
Keep rooting for pedophiles, nazis, murderers, car thieves and so on.
is there something wrong with those things?
Old 12-13-2020, 03:14 AM   #628
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Still waiting on that evidence. My body my choice. Its okay to be white, and all lives matter. Prove me wrong.
It should be self-evident that a covering over mouth and nose would be better than nothing. No proof or evidence is needed in common sense situations. You sound like a toddler who doesn?t want to eat their peas.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:37 AM   #629
zombiewolf513
BANNED

still waiting on that proof
Old 12-13-2020, 11:56 AM   #630
deolio
Post Whore!

Quote:
still waiting on that proof
Le Yawn

Google.com